iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END | Page 53 | The Popjustice Forum

iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by iheartpoptarts, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I think Better Off Alone has a good chance at swiping the crown. I'd love it to go to a classic like Dreamer, or either of the Rythym songs.

Aester, soratami, Ezz and 4 others like this.
  2. Don't count Amber & Vengaboys out just yet...

3. I really can't call the winner. I still think about 10 songs could take it.

This has to be the most unpredictable rate I've ever taken part in, which I love!

4. Out of all of the 11's I've lost today (a total of 3) this position is the most shocking.
    [​IMG]

'Blue' could have won, instead I'm believing this actually finished top 10.

Gala mackeef

5. Haha, I knew everyone would be shocked by that going at #25. What an unbelievable backstory @iheartpoptarts! I had no idea about any of it. When I was growing up everyone liked the song whether you were into that kind of music generally or not and it was always on TRL, I swear the video was in the countdown for like a year or something.

Eiffel 65 Recap

58. Move Your Body - 6.450
    25. Blue (Da Ba Dee) - 7.517

Highest: @Untouchable Ace (10.5) - @iheartpoptarts (10) - @CasuallyCrazed (10) - @DJHazey (9.75) - @Conan (9.75)

Lowest: @Ray (0) - @OspreyQueen (2) - @Seventeen Days (2.5) - @geomixes (3.5)

Artist Ranking

Berri - 7.500
    Dr. Alban - 7.479
    Black Box - 7.447
    Daze - 7.428
    Mr. President - 7.272
    Cappella - 7.180
    Alex Party - 7.161
    Ann Lee - 7.121
    Paradisio - 7.108
    Me & My - 7.053
    Eiffel 65 - 6.983
    Captain Hollywood Project - 6.929
    Reset - 6.854
    Koko - 6.808
    E-Type - 6.774
    Fun Factory - 6.628
    Le Click - 6.617
    Hit 'n' Hide - 6.497
    Toy-Box - 6.467
    DJ Bobo - 6.458
    Emjay - 6.442
    T-Spoon - 6.346
    Bambee - 6.303
    Twenty 4 Seven - 6.292
    Maxx - 6.236
    Technotronic - 6.228
    Smile.dk - 6.139
    Crispy - 6.108
    Solid Base - 6.010
    Capital Sound - 5.889
    Miss Papaya - 5.478
    Tiggy - 5.289​

6. My fave deep cut from Eiffel 65's album

And at their fame height, they got to remix for some notables

7. Hehe, I love how you threw that in just because.

WowWowWowWow and DJHazey like this.
  8. "just because" *wink*

WowWowWowWow and iheartpoptarts like this.
  9. I am going to go out on a limb here and predict the winner will be one of

Amber - This Is Your Night
    Corona - Rhythm of the Night
    Culture Beat - Mr Vain
    La Bouche - Be My Lover
    Real McCoy - Another Night

That would be an epic Top 5!

10. Replace "Be My Lover" with "Sweet Dreams" and you pretty much have my top 5.

11. as long as la bouche is safe i won't complain
    that much

12. Oh.

You might want to look away then.

Because it's their other song.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] #24. Alice Deejay - Back In My Life - 7.522

After 5: #16
    After 10: #29
    After 15: #25
    After 20: #23
    After 25: #33
    After 30: #24
    Final: #24

Leaderboard Average: #25

Spent time inside the Top 20 as well as outside the Top 30. Am I surprised it got this far? Yes. Do have any issue with it? Absolutely not. Who Needs Guitars Anyway? was the first dance album I ever owned. Every single song on it means a lot to me and no matter how many times I think this one has lost a little steam, I instead get lost in it all over again.

Highest: 10 x 6 (@WowWowWowWow, @berserkboi, @Eric, @phily693, @Remorque, @Cutlery) 9.5 x 3 (@DJHazey, @ohnoitisnathan, @Aester)

Lowest: 0.5 (@CasuallyCrazed) 1 (@Ray) 2 (@LPMA)

Album: Who Needs Guitars Anyway? (2000) -- (Back In My Life was released July 1999)

Charts: #1 (Norway) #2 (Denmark, Scotland) #4 (Netherlands, Sweden, UK) #5 (Ireland) #11 (Belgium, France) #14 (Canada) #17 (Germany) #18 (Iceland) #19 (Australia, Switzerland) #26 (U.S. Dance Club Songs) #28 (Austria) #50 (Brazil) Gold (UK)

Producers: Sebastiaan Moljin and Eelke Kahlberg

Alice Deejay is sometimes mistakenly called "her" because of frontwoman Judith Anna Pronk (like Cascada gets called "her" because of Natalie Horler) but it was actually a collective group of DJs including the productions teams Pronti and Kalmani (listed above) and DJ Jurgen (founder of the group), M. van der Kuy & DJ Isaac, Hazerdous, Svenson & J. Gielen, and Danski & DJ Delmundo (of Vengaboys). The rumors are of course that Judith only lip-synced but that kind of flies in the face of her apparent retirement from singing in the early 2000s. On stage Judtih is joined by dancers Mila and Angel, though Judith herself has dance teaching degree and started learning classic dance at the age of 6. Alice Deejay's biggest claim to fame is obviously "Better Off Alone" but they had five singles from Who Needs Guitars Anyway? chart within the Top 20 of the UK Charts including "Back In My Life". It's actually the only song from Alice Deejay with a #1 to its name (Norway). On the whole I think the inclusion of Alice Deejay is very important as it marks the transition from the 90s style of eurodance to what would become the "eurotrance" revolution of the genre moving into the 00s.

My love is much too strong:

@WowWowWowWow (10) - This is probably my favorite Alice Deejay song of the bunch, depending on the day. Will I Ever shows up a lot. Also, the music video for this song is very A Star Is Born, I want Gaga to take notes. Finally I was absolutely obsessed with the lace veil/headpiece thing that she is wearing in the paparazzi scenes, and I wanted one so badly. Despite the fact that I don't wear women's clothes and would never have the opportunity to wear a lace veil/headpiece thing. A BOY CAN DREAM CAN'T HE

There are actually two videos for this song, one involves the funeral scenes and the other is the "cliff top" focused one with more dancing. "Will I Ever" is also amazing, but my favorite will always be "I can see (See It In Your Eyes)".

@berserkboi (10) - Adore this one too!

@geomixes (9) - Honourable mention to Celebrate Our Love, which was my favourite of all their singles

Like I said, I love every single song on this album. Celebrate Our Love included!

@Eric (10) - Serves up memories of watching CD:UK on Saturday mornings - love the speaking part, an essential element of any late 1990s song!

@One Stop Candy Shop (9) - Beautiful song from the late 90s. It’s bit more classy and distinguished than most of the rate's songs.

So you'll be around for the full 'eurotrance' take over that will be the 00s edition right?

@ohnoitisnathan (9.5) - I've always liked this one, especially the talking breakdown in the middle.

@phily693 (10) - I forgot how much this goes off!

@Remorque (10) - This one's in just the same vain as Better Off Alone. Fantastic trance-y vibe and the first actual single released as Alice Deejay. Me and some hennies went out shopping one day and put together our last pennies to buy this single, then took it home and figured out a schedule for who took it home what night of the week. Bless.

Wow, that's dedication! Also yes because "Better Off Alone" was technically released as 'DJ Jurgen presents Alice Deejay'

@Cutlery (10) - There is something very ethereal in here that I feel BOA lacks (lyrics is another point)

However, many voters thought it was the other way around, which was to be expected..

@A$AP Robbie (9) - It doesn't quite reach the heights of Better off Alone, but still magic.

@Empty Shoebox (8) - Compared to 'Better Off Alone', there's just something lacking in the arrangement. Don't ask me what, but it's a bit less memorable.

@sfmartin (7) - Not a patch on Better Off Alone but still a solid track.

The 'meh' section including a nice story about the song's impact..

@Hudweiser (5.5) - I had to take a drama minor as a part of my English major and one of the last assignments was to dramatise something to a song (I was dared to pick 'Man! I Feel Like a Woman!' and didn't back down), but one girl randomly picked this with a strange narrative of her being sad in her room, writing letters while the song bopped along in the background.

@Seventeen Days (5) - I had actually never heard of this before the rate? It’s decent, but some of the melody lines seem directly lifted from “Better Off Alone”.

@Sprockrooster (7) - Something I would not necessarily seek out to play, but when coming up in shuffle rarely skipping it.

@rav4boy (6) - Not my thing. Has no charm or identity, unlike some of her other tracks.

See, told ya! "her" (and I hadn't even remembered this comment when I typed that earlier in this post ddd)

Cuz that's where you belong: (a special place in hell :P)

@Ray (1) - Just as bad as ‘Better Off Alone’. Which is very bad.

@CasuallyCrazed (0.5) - Drag of a song, such a lethargic beat and unenthusiastic vocal.

I can't.

[​IMG]

My aforementioned fav:

13. That tease is distateful @DJHazey. I was gasping so loud my boyfriend ran down from the first floor. With several cuts so far, losing Better Off Alone does not fall out of place.

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Noooo all of Alice Deejay should be in the top 20!

Aester, phily693, DJHazey and 4 others like this.
  15. Indeed, Alice Deejay should be left better off alone til top 5, when they can get back in my life! Terrible cuts now!! No more pain!!

2014, Aester, soratami and 6 others like this.
  16. I'm glad @DJHazey got this one! I had no idea Alice Deejay was a whole bunch of people. I mean, I could've guessed, after Alex Party and all, but yeah. Hehe.

17. It seems like @Ray might not be allowing that.

Ray, iheartpoptarts, DJHazey and 3 others like this.
  18. Oh, sis. That was the way we rolled. (The fights we had as teenagers because someone was hogging a single... I don't miss being a teenager AT. ALL.)

19. Ray

Ray

*pops over to see how the rate is going and is my 11 winning yet...*
    *screams into the void, runs away crying*

20. Alice Deejay and Eiffel 65...

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.