iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END | Page 70 | The Popjustice Forum

iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by iheartpoptarts, Jun 9, 2018.

1. How the fuck did that just happen, how the fuck is Boom Boom Boom still not out
    [​IMG]

2. Well Thank god it’s finally out, it was my only low score left

Now I can say regardless of which song wins, I will be satisfied

iheartpoptarts and DJHazey like this.
  3. To me, this will always be the best use of "What Is Love" in popular culture:

And I am a little bit crushed about "Rhythm Is A Dancer." I didn't realize how much I still loved it until I kept playing it after sending in my scores. My 9 really should have been a 10.

Rhythm! You can feel it, you can feel it.

2014, iheartpoptarts, DJHazey and 2 others like this.
  4. my 8 is gone. the other songs are solid 10. team everybody.

5. I hadn't realised Boom Boom Boom Boom and Ooh Aah would have legs that long! My preference is for a Mr. Vain vs Rhythm Of The Night top 2!

6. Oh my god, it's this guy.

Hehehehehe.

DJHazey and WowWowWowWow like this.
  7. [​IMG]

So apparently some people have been complaining about this song.

[​IMG]

I know! Let's run them over!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] #4. Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom!! - 9.050

After 5: #11
    After 10: #8
    After 15: #7
    After 20: #6
    After 25: #6
    After 30: #6
    Final: #4

(Look at its beautiful journey to the top five. I thought it was too much fun to get this far. I am pleasantly surprised.)

Highest: 11 x 1 (@Conan) 10 x 18 (@iheartpoptarts, @DJHazey, @WowWowWowWow, @berserkboi, @GhettoPrincess, @Ana Raquel, @2014, @sfmartin, @31entrance, @idratherjack, @Empty Shoebox, @One Stop Candy Shop, @A$AP Robbie, @ohnoitisnathan, @phily693, @Remorque, @Cutlery, @ThisIsRogue)

Lowest: 6 x 2 (@CasuallyCrazed, @soratami) 6.5 x 1 (@Hudweiser)

Album: The Party Album (1999)

Best Charts: #1 (UK), #84 (US), #2 (Australia), #8 (Austria), #1 (Belgium), #4 (Denmark), #4 (France), #6 (Germany), #4 (Hungary), #8 (Iceland) #7 (Ireland), #3 (Italy), #1 (Netherlands), #1 (New Zealand), #1 (Norway), #1 (Scotland), #11 (Spain), #1 (Sweden), #13 (Switzerland)

Producers: Discogs says Danski and DJ Delmundo but Wiki just says the Vengaboys, who even knows, it could be both, I'm tired, etc.

The Vengaboys could probably run you over themselves. They've got a bus, you know. @Vengabus, do your thing. (Yes, that's a real PJ user. I discovered this while searching the forum for a picture of the bus itself because I knew we'd posted it around these parts before!)

Though apparently the Vengabus is old and the heater doesn't work so they don't even take it on tour anymore, says Robin, but it lives on in their hearts. Or something.

But enough about the Vengabus, because that's not even the right song.

Boom boom boom boom! I want you in my room. Everyone get your lives.

It interpolates ABBA's 'Lay All Your Love On Me', which I actually had no idea about until I hosted the A*Teens rate and @Angeleyes told me. That's why half of ABBA has writing credits on it.

(I'm not a huge fan of this song, really. It sounds like that point in every video game when you have a boss battle in a church. But anyway.)

'Boom Boom Boom Boom' (with two exclamation points) has been used in a lot of places:

Cars - It was in a Japanese Nissan advert.

Furniture - DFS put it in a promo campaign. They reported that their sales increased by 10%. Go Vengaboys!

Malware - Some viral internet game gained remote control of computers and played this song, supposedly as a form of torture. I don't know about that...

This was a thing that happened, too. Quite good.

Now who's up for a reunion show? It's very colourful and I approve. Some guy in the audience brought a giant unicorn head. I approve of that, too.

I Want You In My Room:

And I want your concert lives...

@Empty Shoebox (10) - This went down an absolute storm at the Steps concert in Glasgow last year. It's one of those songs that gets everyone on their feet (except me, but there was a disabled person sitting behind me, so if I stood up, they wouldn't be able to see). Yes, that applies to a lot of Vengaboys tracks but this one just seems to have a little something extra.

@Eric (8.5) - I'm glad my innocent mid teenage mind allowed me to enjoy this song without understanding the meaning behind the lyrics! Still love the energy to this song though, it absolutely illuminated Manchester Arena in December.

@One Stop Candy Shop (10) - What a massive bop. When I was 10 I performed this with a bunch of classmates at our school’s annual ‘Playback Show’. I was the cowboy and we got the bronze medal.

And your toys...

@A$AP Robbie (10) - I think this is their best single. I bizarely had a remote control Mini Cooper that had a built in stereo that played the chorus Boom Boom Boom Boom. An absolute banger.

But not your mopey acoustic versions...

@WowWowWowWow (10) - I love the Vengaboys for many reasons, one of which is their excessive use of exclamation points. We Like To Party! We're Going To Ibiza! But don't get it twisted, Boom Boom Boom Boom!! gets TWO exclamation points. Didn't somebody try to put out some mopey piano/acoustic version of this a few years back? Let me check Wikipedia ... I wasn't thinking about Rye Rye, but I learned that apparently Benny and Bjorn get writers' credit for this because the first verse sounds like "Lay Your Love On Me"?!? Well, this makes me feel even better about my 10 score now.

It's bops for days!

@Seventeen Days (9) - YAS girl, I was bopping to this not even a minute in. This is the style of Eurodance I like, and I am totally here for it.

@sfmartin (10) - Absolute pop magic. I never tire of hearing this. Which is convenient cause we will never escape it.

And a Vengaboys fave...

@rav4boy (9) - Definitely their best single. Its actually very sweet in a strange way!

@berserkboi (10) - One of my faves and LGBT representation back in the day too!

Or at least very close to it...

@Remorque (10) - Almost as iconic as We Like to Party, but nothing below a 10 either for me. Kim's voice sounds awfully pitched, but hey ho... I remember my friends having a fit when I didn't want to buy this single after I was given my allowance, but instead spent it on Sheryl Crow's Tomorrow Never Dies. I really wouldn't want to be a teenager again…

And we heart it in spite of everything!

@Ray (8.5) - I know this is also super generic and hardly has lyrics to write home about, but the chorus is murderously catchy. ‘Boom boom boom boom, I wanna go boom boom’? When will your faves?

@ohnoitisnathan (10) - Not ashamed to admit I love this one, even though it's basically a lyrical re-hash of the similarly-titled Paul Lekakis song.

@Cutlery (10) - Some of the scenes in the video are just… However thank goodness this is a grade A breezy bop

Oh, and the lyrics will live on forever and ever. That goes without saying.

@phily693 (10) - I’m surprised my parents let me and my sisters listen to this as it’s clearly very sexual. Maybe that beat was too undeniable for them to not let us listen to it?

@31entrance (10) - when I was younger I thought this was about slumber parties or something aaaah the days of innocence.

@GhettoPrincess (10) - Definitely their best bop/song and another one I can’t believe I used to sing to. I copied the dance moves and everything….. my mind was innocent in those days.

@Ana Raquel (10) - this lyrical masterpiece i can't

But Not You:

@Sprockrooster (7) - Never saw the big appeal of the Vengaboys and this song in particular. This one is a tad too long and though the beat is still iconic to this day, that chorus is quite tiresome.

@Hudweiser (6.5) - Once you hear that opening line is identical to Lay All Your Love On Me, the song is dented.

@CasuallyCrazed (6) - Those lyrics hit you over the head with their sheer stupidity. Still the best vengasong though.

With a 6?!

---

The Vengabus is leaving. *sadface*

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    soratami, Aester, Amnesia and 11 others like this.
  8. ART was just eliminated this cruelty

9. Gina G is doing amazingly! Never thought I'd see her top 3! Good job babe (even though I think Amber/Haddaway/Alice Deejay should be here instead)...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Ezz, DJHazey, phily693 and 6 others like this.
  10. I’m here for a Gina G surprise win but watch it not happen

11. Honestly, Boom Boom Boom Boom was my favorite discovery of the entire rate. I'm perfectly fine with it being in the top 5.

C'mon, Rhythm of the Night as winner!

DJHazey, sfmartin, berserkboi and 2 others like this.
  12. Very surprised for my girl but very happy. Though I think Rhythm of the night will win.

Ezz, iheartpoptarts, DJHazey and 3 others like this.
  13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I’m still quite shocked at Mr. Vain being in the top 3? I don’t hate it but it wouldn’t even be in my personal top 20.

14. I don’t think it holds a candle to the rest of the songs in the top 3 but I think it might mean more to those of us who were around at the time of its release- it was literally EVERYWHERE and seemed to really stand out at the time. I’m actually surprised More and More didn’t get higher, for this very reason.

15. Meanwhile...in England:

16. I know what I want and I want it now...a top 2 of Corona and Gina G

17. Vengaboys Recap

44. We're Going To Ibiza - 7.011
    12. We Like To Party - 8.408
    4. Boom Boom Boom Boom - 9.050

Highest: @Conan (10.333) - @sfmartin (10) - @phily693 (10) - @berserkboi (9.967)

Lowest: @CasuallyCrazed (4.167) - @soratami (4.667) - @Ray (4.833) - @Aester (5.667)

Artist Ranking

Snap! - 9.036
    Haddaway - 8.394
    Livin' Joy - 8.231
    Aqua - 8.230
    Alice Deejay - 8.178
    Vengaboys - 8.156
    La Bouche - 8.146
    Amber 7.921
    2 Unlimited - 7.763
    Gala - 7.597
    Berri - 7.500
    Dr. Alban - 7.479
    Black Box - 7.447
    Daze - 7.428
    Whigfield - 7.420
    Mr. President - 7.272
    Cappella - 7.180
    Alex Party - 7.161
    Ann Lee - 7.121
    Paradisio - 7.108
    Me & My - 7.053
    Eiffel 65 - 6.983
    Captain Hollywood Project - 6.929
    Reset - 6.854
    Koko - 6.808
    E-Type - 6.774
    Fun Factory - 6.628
    Le Click - 6.617
    Hit 'n' Hide - 6.497
    Toy-Box - 6.467
    DJ Bobo - 6.458
    Emjay - 6.442
    T-Spoon - 6.346
    Bambee - 6.303
    Twenty 4 Seven - 6.292
    Maxx - 6.236
    Technotronic - 6.228
    Smile.dk - 6.139
    Crispy - 6.108
    Solid Base - 6.010
    Capital Sound - 5.889
    Miss Papaya - 5.478
    Tiggy - 5.289​

soratami, Aester, berserkboi and 7 others like this.
  18. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    NETHERLANDS AND BELGIUM RECAP

Average: 7.385

#4. Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom - 9.050
    #7. Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone - 8.833
    #12. Vengaboys - We Like To Party - 8.408
    #16. 2 Unlimited - No Limit - 8.200
    #24. Alice Deejay - Back In My Life - 7.522
    #31. 2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This - 7.325
    #38. Paradisio - Bailando - 7.108
    #44. Vengaboys - We're Going To Ibiza - 7.011
    #56. T-Spoon - Sex On The Beach - 6.461
    #63. Twenty 4 Seven - Slave to the Music - 6.292
    #65. T-Spoon - A Part Of My Life - 6.231
    #67. Technotronic - Move This - 6.178

1. @berserkboi - 9.558
    2. @Remorque - 9.125
    3. @phily693 - 8.875

4. @WowWowWowWow - 8.833
    5. @geomixes - 8.667
    6. @idratherjack - 8.583
    7. @Ana Raquel - 8.500
    8. @Conan - 8.458
    9. @sfmartin - 8.167
    9. @A$AP Robbie - 8.167
    11. @OspreyQueen - 8.125

12. @iheartpoptarts - 8.042
    13. @Eric - 7.958
    14. @2014 - 7.917
    14. @ohnoitisnathan - 7.917
    16. @31entrance - 7.875
    17. @Sprockrooster - 7.667
    18. @ThisIsRogue - 7.583
    19. @dancingwithmyself - 7.500
    20. @P Grandson - 7.483
    21. @rav4boy - 7.375
    22. @GhettoPrincess - 7.250
    23. @Untouchable Ace - 7.233
    24. @Cutlery - 7.083
    25. @One Stop Candy Shop - 7.000
    26. @DJHazey - 6.917
    27. @Aester - 6.667
    28. @roborovsky - 6.583
    29. @Empty Shoebox - 6.333
    30. @Seventeen Days - 6.229
    31. @LPMA - 6.000
    32. @Hudweiser - 5.958
    33. @Daniel_O - 5.667
    34. @soratami - 5.500
    35. @CasuallyCrazed - 5.063
    36. @Ray - 4.000

soratami, Aester, berserkboi and 7 others like this.
  19. The song at #3 got four of the final seven 11s. Not sure when I'll post it but be on the look out!

20. [​IMG]
    Me of all people doing this, I didn't mean to impact a winner that much. Hopefully whose ever 11 wins will be happy.

Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    Boom!
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.