iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

iheartHazey's 90s EURODANCE PARTY: Wanna go for a rate? - THE END

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by iheartpoptarts, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Call him insane.

2. Ray

Ray

Personally I made a great discovery – I heard good things about the hipphopp, and Mr. President and Cappella finally convinced me to give it a try. Do you know any other good hipphopp bands?

3. I’ll be spending most of the day travelling so if Gina is announced as runner up, please don’t mistake my silence for sulkiness.

4. The Gina G track is, I suppose Eurodance, in that it sounds like it was 'inspired' by 'The Rhythm of the Night' in those post-chorus/instrumental intro parts. But other than that, it's pure pop, I think. i.e. there are no dodgy male rap parts, and it's not 'sung' by a model who can barely speak English.

5. I've always been partial to 5ive myself!

Ezz, Ray, rav4boy and 3 others like this.
  6. So we have what is unquestionably a 'classic eurodance' track in "Mr. Vain" and a song that either has passionate "OMG Yas, Gina G deserves this!" fans or those who are now saying it might not even be what they'd consider a eurodance song.

That classic diva vocal/rapper combo vs. poppy solo female vocalist.

1993 vs. 1996 or early 90s vs. late 90s.

Germany vs. UK

Well I can this. The winning song was behind the #2 song for most of the voting period, often times right behind it and never took the #1 spot until the very end. The #2 song had the lead right around the 30-voter mark.

Both songs were always in the Top 5, but the winning song spent a lot of time at #5 and didn't seem like a real winning contender until late days when the song ahead of it starting getting their lower scores.

You've all voiced your opinions:

@Ana Raquel - "I HOPE GINA G GETS THE FIRST PLACE SHE DESERVED IN 1996"

@OspreyQueen - "COME OOOON MR VAIN"

@GhettoPrincess - "Oh no, Gina G is gonna win this and I like it but noooooo"

@WowWowWowWow - "I love both the remaining songs but call me Mr. Raider, call me Mr. Wrong, call me Mr. Mr. Vain for the Win!!!"

@Empty Shoebox - "I'd like to see Mr Vain win, purely because I don't think it's won a rate before."

@31entrance - "CMOOOOON GINA G!!!!"

@berserkboi - "Christ Almighty! Hopefully Mr. Vain takes this!"

@ohnoitisnathan - "I bet Gina G is going to win, because this is popjustice, not eurodancejustice."

@Hudweiser - "Gina G is my preferred song by miles, but I've never really thought of it as Eurodance so am advocating a Mr Vain win, as they sum up the era quite perfectly, despite clearly being massively inferior to Haddaway."

@rav4boy - "I can delude myself a little longer that Gina might win this. To be fair, I’d say Mr Vain qualifies more as eurodance."

@soratami - "I'm perplexed Mr. Vain made it so far. It's a 7 to me *shrug*"

@2014 - "Hmm I may not be ecstatic at either winner (I'd prefer Gina)"

@2014 - "Mr. Vain played at the restaurant last night and I bopped as I thought of this rate. I’m fine with it winning now!"

Whew, life comes at you fast!

[​IMG]

I think the people have spoken, don't you poptarts?

[​IMG]

Hazey, they spoke a long time ago when all of our bubblegum favorites were exiting left and right! Life is hard. I gave both songs a 9, but I'm sticking to my thought that Gina G winning would be too obvious and having a male singer involved kind of adds some iconicness to our rate!

[​IMG]

I agree and since it's the song I gave a 10 to and not an 8, we can live happily ever after in Bountyland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] #1. Culture Beat - Mr. Vain - 9.142

After 5: #5
    After 10: #3
    After 15: #4
    After 20: #4
    After 25: #5
    After 30: #3
    Final: #1

Leaderboard Average: #4

It's all about consistency folks. As you'll see below, nobody showed any hatred towards this song despite it only getting one 11.

Highest: 11 (@OspreyQueen) 10 x 19 (@WowWowWowWow, @roborovsky, @GhettoPrincess, @CasuallyCrazed, @sfmartin, @idratherjack, @31entrance, @Empty Shoebox, @Eric, @LPMA, @Sprockrooster, @ohnoitisnathan, @phily693, @rav4boy, @Remorque, @Conan, @ThisIsRogue)

When we did our plug.dj session and a few of you joined us one of the first things @OspreyQueen said was she couldn't wait till we got to Germany and specifically Culture Beat so we always knew where this 11 was going.

Lowest: 6.7 (@Cutlery) 7 x 5 (@dancingwithmyself, @2014, @soratami, @Seventeen Days, @Ray) 7.5 (@Hudweiser)

Album: Serenity (1994)

Charts: #1 (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, UK) #2 (Sweden) #3 (France, Iceland, Spain) #6 (Japan) #10 (New Zealand) #17 (U.S.) #40 (Canada) #1 (Canada Dance Year-End) #10 (UK Year-End) #76 (Billboard Year-End) Platinum (Australia, Norway) 3x Gold (Germany) Gold (Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, U.S.) Silver (France)

Producer: Torsten Fenslau

-It was been said that the song lyrics were written with Torsten in mind.

-It was the best selling single in all of Europe in 1993. In the UK it was selling double the amount of the #2 song ("It Keeps Raining" by Bitty Mclean)

-The was the first single not to have a 7" vinyl released for the UK (just cassette and CD). In fact many people say this song's success was what spelled the doom of the 7" vinyl releases all together.

Original songwriter Nosie Katzmann later did a country version of "Mr. Vain"

The Pet Shop Boys did a cover of the song during their 1994 Discovery Tour in Rio de Janeiro.

Culture themselves made a new version of the song in 2013 titled "Mr. Vain Recall"

Call them Mr. Raider:

@WowWowWowWow (10) - First of all, it just dawned on me that this song is 25 YEARS OLD this year, which means I am.... > 25 YEARS OLD this year. Time to retire. Anyway, I still don't get why we would call someone Mr. Raider, Mr. Wrong, or Mr. Vain, let alone all three, but this is essential. Tania Evans' solo stuff is pretty good too.

You're still a youngin' try being mine and the next commenter's age

@berserkboi (10) - Childhood classic for me!

@roborovsky (10) - The first tape I ever bought with my own pocket money - and what a choice. I can still do both raps now from memory. Absolute anthem.

Exactly, this is the kind of rap I love.

@GhettoPrincess (10) - A classic. We all know a few Mr. Vain’s right?

That's unfortunate.

@CasuallyCrazed (10) - Another stone-cold classic.

@sfmartin (10) - Another classic. Probably one of the very first introductions to dance music.

One of us was hearing it for the first time in 2018! Imagine.

@31entrance (10) - from the first second I knew I was gonna like it, a nice discovery indeed.

@Empty Shoebox (10) - It's the cymbal crashes that make this song.

@Eric (10) - Another song of school disco vintage for me! Instantly addictive, one of those songs where you have to run to the dancefloor. It's just timeless.

@Seventeen Days (7) - This bitch right here. This was always one of those songs that I didn’t want to like, but it just burrowed into my synapses and wouldn’t let go. I have grown to like it with time though.

@Sprockrooster (10) - Such a breeze of pure nostalgia that feels so timeless at the same time. Gorgeous.

I instantly feel good when classics like this start up.

@Ray (7) - Kept ‘Go West’ off number one, then got used by Pet Shop Boys for a medley at the Discovery tour (YouTube clip here please!), remains massive, although I don’t know whether anybody but us pervs here remembers it at all. The verses, sadly, exist. It would have benefitted from – well – not having them.

Got you covered, PSB stan.

@One Stop Candy Shop (9) - I love it. Pet Shop Boys did a pretty good cover of it on their Discovery tour.

@ohnoitisnathan (10) - Even though it's basically a rip off of 'Rhythm Is a Dancer', it's undeniably a classic. A contender for my 11. One thing that irks me about it though is that the mix of the track used in the video, which I think is the best one, differs from the Radio Mix and wasn't available on anything AFAIK.

I've found the album version of any Culture beat single is the better option. Give me that 5 minute+ mix with all the instrumentals.

@phily693 (10) - An essential for ANY 90s playlist. This is one of my favourite songs from the 90s. I was only 3 months old when this hit #1in the UK, so I guess my love for it stems from my older sisters who must’ve played it lots when we were younger. What an absolute anthem though! It’s so deliciously camp and high-energy.

@rav4boy (10) - Another great song from the early 90s.

Which hopefully means you'll still be happy with the winner.

Need proof of what I was saying earlier? look no further than the comment from the 11-giver herself:

@OspreyQueen (11) - I first heard this song when I was like 13 (which was in 2013, I’m a fetus I know), when 4Music put it on in amongst current hits for some reason. Despite it being a bit dated, I took a shine to it and that’s where my taste for Eurodance began. I don’t think I’d even be doing this rate if it weren’t for this song, so I think it deserves my 11.

Congratulations!

---------------------------------

Culture Beat Recap

40. Got To Get It - 7.094
    36. Anything - 7.136
    1. Mr. Vain - 9.142

Highest: @idratherjack (10) - @ohnoitisnathan (10) - @Sprockrooster (9.667) - @DJHazey (9.333) - @roborovsky (9.333) - @Untouchable Ace (9.333)

Lowest: @Seventeen Days (5.667) - @soratami (5.667) - @2014 (6.167) - @Conan (6.5) - @Aester (6.5) - @CasuallyCrazed (6.5)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Germany/Switzerland Recap

Average: 7.562

#1. Culture Beat - Mr. Vain - 9.142
    #5. Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer - 9.036
    #6. Haddaway - What Is Love - 8.989
    #8. La Bouche - Be My Lover - 8.700
    #11. Real McCoy - Another Night - 8.492
    #15. Amber - This Is Your Night - 8.258
    #18. Haddaway - Life - 7.800
    #21. La Bouche - Sweet Dreams - 7.592
    #22. Amber - Sexual (Li Da Di) - 7.583
    #23. Real McCoy - Run Away - 7.524
    #33. Mr. President - Coco Jamboo - 7.272
    #36. Culture Beat - Anything - 7.136
    #40. Culture Beat - Got To Get It - 7.094
    #41. Real McCoy - One More Time - 7.086
    #45. Captain Hollywood Project - More And More - 6.929
    #46. Fun Factory - Close To You - 6.825
    #51. Le Click - Tonight Is the Night - 6.617
    #57. DJ Bobo - Let The Dream Come True - 6.458
    #59. Fun Factory - I Wanna B With U - 6.432
    #64. Maxx - Get-A-Way - 6.236

1. @berserkboi - 9.185
    2. @WowWowWowWow - 9.150
    3. @ohnoitisnathan - 8.925

4. @DJHazey - 8.800
    4. @Remorque - 8.800
    6. @idratherjack - 8.650
    7. @Ana Raquel - 8.550
    8. @P Grandson - 8.430
    9. @iheartpoptarts - 8.350
    10. @roborovsky - 8.250
    11. @geomixes - 8.100
    11. @ThisIsRogue - 8.100
    13. @Cutlery - 8.035
    14. @OspreyQueen - 7.950
    14. @phily693 - 7.950
    16. @31entrance - 7.750
    17. @Eric - 7.650
    17. @Conan - 7.650
    19. @rav4boy - 7.475
    20. @Untouchable Ace - 7.390
    21. @Sprockrooster - 7.350
    22. @sfmartin - 7.300
    23. @Hudweiser - 7.275
    24. @dancingwithmyself - 7.250
    25. @A$AP Robbie - 7.200
    26. @LPMA - 7.150
    27. @Aester - 7.050
    28. @Seventeen Days - 6.800
    29. @2014 - 6.775
    30. @GhettoPrincess - 6.650
    31. @One Stop Candy Shop - 6.450
    32. @Daniel_O - 6.200
    33. @Empty Shoebox - 6.200
    34. @CasuallyCrazed - 6.100
    35. @Ray - 5.700
    36. @soratami - 5.650

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  7. [​IMG] [​IMG]

And now for our runner-up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] #2. Gina G - Ooh Aah...Just a Little Bit - 9.057

After 5: #3
    After 10: #4
    After 15: #3
    After 20: #3
    After 25: #2
    After 30: #1
    Final: #2

Highest: 11 x 2 (@dancingwithmyself, @rav4boy) 10 x 17 (@WowWowWowWow, @Hudweiser, @berserkboi, @roborovsky, @CasuallyCrazed, @Ana Raquel, @2014, @sfmartin, @idratherjack, @31entrance, @Empty Shoebox, @Eric, @Sprockrooster, @Ray, @A$AP Robbie, @phily693, @Remorque)

Lowest: 5.3 x 1 (@Cutlery) 6 x 2 (@Daniel_O, @LPMA)

iheartpoptarts: 9
    DJHazey: 8

Album: Fresh! (1997)

Best Charts: #1 (UK), #12 (US), #5 (Australia), #6 (Belgium), #7 (Czech Republic), #5 (Denmark), #6 (Finland), #4 (Hungary), #24 (Iceland) #6 (Ireland), #1 (Israel), #3 (Italy), #13 (Netherlands), #28 (New Zealand), #5 (Norway), #1 (Scotland), #6 (Sweden)

Producers: The Next Room (for the original mix) / Motiv8 (for the version we all know)

Well, on the bright side, we don't have to contend with the drama of everybody debating whether or not our winner actually counts as a Eurodance song, so there's that.

Though she's here repping the UK thanks to the producers, Gina G comes from Australia, and she first appeared on the music scene with the dance act Bass Culture in the early 90s. I don't know what that is but I bet @ohnoitisnathan has a video of it.

Oh my god, he does! Look at that.

Upon relocating to the UK, she entered the national Eurovision preselection, then called The Great British Song Contest, with 'Ooh Aah... Just a Little Bit' and obviously won, beating out Code Red and a bunch of people I've never heard of. One of them is called Twin Hazey. @DJHazey, I stan you and your short-lived 90s rock career. Hehe.

So this triumph of a performance happened.

Like her dress? I do. Designer Paco Rabanne had made it especially for Cher once upon a time, but it sat around unworn in the Warner Brothers offices until Gina happened upon it a few days before the contest. Honestly, this could be a movie.

In other randomness courtesy of Wikipedia, the Eurovision rules at the time required every instrument used in the backing track to appear on stage. But this was the 90s, and computers in music were a thing. So that explains the PCs. Ha.

Gina placed 8th in Eurovision, but the real world did better, and 'Ooh Aah...' became a hit across Europe and beyond. It's been more than 20 years. The UK hasn't had its Eurovision entry at #1 again since.

It's also notable for its American impact. There, Eurovision songs don't get very far. This one was all over the Hot 100, and even got nominated for a Grammy.

In unhappier news, it was the subject of a legal battle in which Motiv8's production company got sued by pretty much everyone involved, including the song's original producers, the writer, and Gina herself. Pay out the royalties next time why don't you. Alas, the company went bankrupt, so nobody recovered any money.

The album yielded a number of relatively big singles. Not all of them are dancey, but these are:

'Gimme Some Love' is the one, guys. Trust me. We had it in Canada. I never knew who it was by and I forgot about it for years and years and years until I found it again and I was so very happy. I should've made y'all rate it.

It took a while for Gina to get another album out, and I'm sure the legal troubles didn't help. There was a 'These Boots Are Made for Walkin'' cover. I can't find it anywhere.

In 2003, she took part in the reality show Reborn in the USA, where pop acts known in Britain but less so in America competed to raise their US profile. Apparently Dollar and Sonia got in a fight with each other. Ooh.

Gina gave Eurovision another shot in 2005, but this time the UK voted to send Javine instead. It could've been Katie Price, so it's hard to complain.

The song appeared on her next release Get Up & Dance, which wasn't so much an album as it was a collection of songs from 1998-2001 that she put out for the fans. Seriously, more popstars should do this.

Around 2011 or 2012, Gina had a whole new album just about ready, but with her heart no longer in music, she's gone on to a successful career in design and interiors, Hollywood style. She's now a set dresser, and her recent work includes Netflix's The Good Place. Happy endings!

A Little Bit More:

This one brought back major Eurovision memories...

@roborovsky (10) - Contender for best Eurovision entry of all time - and followed up by an album that was at least three times better than it needed to be.

@phily693 (10) - As soon as those opening sirens hit, my wig just flies! One of my earliest memories was watching this Eurovision when Ireland won (and you could totally tell they didn’t want to again) and Gina performing this. I don’t think you could get a gay-er sounding song, it’s just so fabulous!

@sfmartin (10) - Such a banger. Robbed at Eurovision but deservedly a huge hit everywhere else. Those opening synths immediately command your attention from the very begining and the pace doesnt dip. I want this to do very very well.

@Ana Raquel (10) - It was my winner in Eurovision 1996 ngl

@Sprockrooster (10) - Probably one of the best ESC entries of all time. And not even a winner?! Disgusting contest.

@Empty Shoebox (10) - This was very much ahead of its time. If it had been ten years later, Eurovision was 100% televoting then, and imagine where this would have ended up? Okay, It would have needed to be somewhere other than the death slot as well, and it would have probably sounded very dated if it had been the same song, but YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT.

@GhettoPrincess (8) - A classic Eurovision song.

@One Stop Candy Shop (9.5) - She was robbed.

@Eric (10) - The track that introduced me to the wonders of Eurovision. Relentlessly positive melody and instantly catchy chorus - a very close contender for my 11.

And a lot of love...

@Ray (10) - OUR LADY GINA GGGGGGGGG!!!! Sorry I don’t have a more intellectually sound commentary. PS. Ooh aah!!!

@CasuallyCrazed (10) - The runner up for my 11, this song is an instant jolt of happiness and positivity…​

@Seventeen Days (9.75) - Oh hell yes. This track really hit the spot for me back in the day. That synth intro is so freaking sublime.

@berserkboi (10) - Love it!

@31entrance (10) - one word: iconic.

@Hudweiser (10) - An anthem for the ages.

@A$AP Robbie (10) - Absolute huge. A favourite the win, I'd imagine.

Not to mention some legendary visuals...

@WowWowWowWow (10) - First of all can we talk about the AMAZINGNESS that is the Fresh! album cover, photo by David LaChappelle, of Gina G with spatula in hand and covered in chocolate icing? Perfection! OK, the fact that we had a Eurovision song come over to the United States and it actually became a hit, will never cease to amaze me. Motiv8 also remixed "Crush" by Jellyhead around this time so that was a great 1-2 punch. There was also a great remix of "Gimme Some Love" that isn't on Spotify anywhere. I feel like someone on the forum (or maybe it's somebody I used to follow on Twitter) said that Gina G was their landlady??? Thank God that isn't me because I would quote the lyrics to her on every possible occasion and probably end up evicted.

Okay!

[​IMG]

P.S. I tried to search the forum for the landlady thing to no avail.

P.P.S. I love 'Jellyhead'.

A Little Bit Less:

@Cutlery (5.3) - What a TRAGIC title, and the moaning in the song itself makes me uncomfortable teeb. Otherwise it’d be a bop alright

@ohnoitisnathan (7) - Sorry, but I think this one is majorly overrated. Pleasant and catchy enough it is, but to me, it's just... there. Nothing special at all; I couldn't understand the fuss about it. A re-tread of what Motiv 8 had already done, really, but not as good. It's no 'Rockin' For Myself'. And what's this going in UK/Canada? Gina's an Aussie!

UK producers, though I'm sure I don't have to explain by now!

A Little Bit Iconic:

@rav4boy (11) - She’s been a personal friend for nearly 16 years, but I love this song anyway. I will NEVER get bored of it, despite it dominating several radio stations in 1996 and still featuring heavily at 90s reunions and weddings. Gina was literally everywhere I early 1996 until the Spice Girls came along- I’ll never forgive [them] for stealing her limelight!

We're honoured to have you rating with us!

---

[​IMG]

8. Here's the video one more time!

Here are the non-dancey ones.

9. Here are some later singles I ran out of video space for!

10. Let us fly to Bountyland!

*cue keyboard*

11. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESY

12. [​IMG] [​IMG]

UK/CANADA RECAP

Average: 7.165
    #2. Gina G - Ooh Aah... Just A Little Bit - 9.057
    #14. Livin' Joy - Dreamer - 8.311
    #17. Livin' Joy - Don't Stop Movin' - 8.150
    #26. Berri - Sunshine After The Rain - 7.500
    #49. Koko - Open Your Eyes - 6.808
    #55. Emjay - In Your Arms - 6.486
    #61. Emjay - Sound Of My Heartbeat - 6.397
    #68. Capital Sound - Your Love Is My Energy - 6.119
    #72. Capital Sound - Higher Love - 5.658

1. @Eric - 8.556
    2. @DJHazey - 8.444
    3. @berserkboi - 8.344
    4. @iheartpoptarts - 8.333
    5. @Empty Shoebox - 8.222
    6. @Ana Raquel - 8.111
    6. @A$AP Robbie - 8.111
    8. @OspreyQueen - 8.000
    8. @idratherjack - 8.000
    10. @WowWowWowWow - 7.889
    11. @sfmartin - 7.778
    12. @P Grandson - 7.744
    13. @Hudweiser - 7.722
    13. @phily693 - 7.722
    15. @ohnoitisnathan - 7.611
    16. @Remorque - 7.500
    17. @Sprockrooster - 7.444
    18. @roborovsky - 7.333
    18. @rav4boy - 7.333
    20. @Untouchable Ace - 7.322
    21. @Cutlery - 7.289
    22. @GhettoPrincess - 7.222
    22. @31entrance - 7.222
    24. @2014 - 7.167
    24. @ThisIsRogue - 7.167
    26. @dancingwithmyself - 7.111
    27. @Cona - 7.000
    28. @Ray - 6.389
    29. @soratami - 6.333
    30. @geomixes - 6.111
    31. @Seventeen Days - 5.972
    32. @CasuallyCrazed - 5.889
    33. @LPMA - 5.667
    34. @Aester - 4.944
    35. @Daniel_O - 4.778
    36. @One Stop Candy Shop - 4.167

[​IMG][​IMG] 7.562
    [​IMG] 7.491
    [​IMG][​IMG] 7.385
    [​IMG][​IMG] 7.165
    [​IMG] 6.861
    [​IMG][​IMG] 6.506

-----------------------

I was asked who the winner would be if we took @Ray's score out. Well here's how the Top 15 would look:

1. Mr. Vain - 9.203
    2. Boom Boom Boom Boom - 9.066
    3. Better Off Alone - 9.057
    4. Ooh Ahh... Just A Little Bit - 9.030
    5. Rhythm Of The Night - 9.027
    6. What Is Love - 9.017
    7. Rhythm Is A Dancer - 9.008
    8. Be My Lover - 8.806
    9. Barbie Girl - 8.760
    10. Doctor Jones - 8.730
    11. We Like To Party - 8.591
    12. Another Night - 8.506
    13. Baby Baby - 8.416
    14. This Is Your Night - 8.351
    15. Dreamer - 8.262​

Aester, Amnesia, phily693 and 7 others like this.
  13. FINAL RESULTS

#1.
    Culture Beat - Mr. Vain - 9.142
    #2. Gina G - Ooh Aah... Just A Little Bit - 9.057
    #3. Corona - Rhythm Of The Night - 9.054
    #4. Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom Boom - 9.050
    #5. Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer - 9.036
    #6. Haddaway - What Is Love - 8.989
    #7. Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone - 8.833
    #8. La Bouche - Be My Lover - 8.700
    #9. Aqua - Doctor Jones - 8.682
    #10. Aqua - Barbie Girl - 8.665
    #11. Real McCoy - Another Night - 8.492
    #12. Vengaboys - We Like To Party - 8.408
    #13. Corona - Baby Baby - 8.349
    #14. Livin' Joy - Dreamer - 8.311
    #15. Amber - This Is Your Night - 8.258
    #16. 2 Unlimited - No Limit - 8.200
    #17. Livin' Joy - Don't Stop Movin' - 8.150
    #18. Haddaway - Life - 7.800
    #19. Whigfield - Saturday Night - 7.740
    #20. Gala - Freed From Desire - 7.597
    #21. La Bouche - Sweet Dreams - 7.592
    #22. Amber - Sexual (Li Da Di) - 7.583
    #23. Real McCoy - Run Away - 7.524
    #24. Alice Deejay - Back In My Life - 7.522
    #25. Eiffel 65 - Blue (Da Ba Dee) - 7.517
    #26. Berri - Sunshine After The Rain - 7.500
    #27. Dr. Alban - It's My Life - 7.479
    #28. Black Box - Strike It Up - 7.447
    #29. Daze - Superhero - 7.428
    #30. Aqua - Lollipop (Candyman) - 7.342
    #31. 2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This - 7.325
    #32. Cappella - U Got 2 Let The Music - 7.318
    #33. Mr. President - Coco Jamboo - 7.272
    #34. Reset - Blue - 7.186
    #35. Alex Party - Don't Give Me Your Life - 7.161
    #36. Culture Beat - Anything - 7.136
    #37. Ann Lee - 2 Times - 7.121
    #38. Paradisio - Bailando - 7.108
    #39. Whigfield - Think Of You - 7.100
    #40. Culture Beat - Got To Get It - 7.094
    #41. Real McCoy - One More Time - 7.086
    #42. Me & My - Dub-I-Dub - 7.053
    #43. Cappella - Move On Baby - 7.042
    #44. Vengaboys - We're Going To Ibiza - 7.011
    #45. Captain Hollywood Project - More And More - 6.929
    #46. Fun Factory - Close To You - 6.825
    #47. E-Type - This Is The Way - 6.819
    #48. Toy-Box - The Sailor Song - 6.817
    #49. Koko - Open Your Eyes - 6.808
    #50. E-Type - Angels Crying - 6.728
    #51. Le Click - Tonight Is the Night - 6.617
    #52. Solid Base - Come'n Get Me - 6.547
    #53. Reset - Calling You - 6.522
    #54. Hit 'n' Hide - Space Invaders 6.497
    #55. Emjay - In Your Arms - 6.486
    #56. T-Spoon - Sex On The Beach - 6.461
    #57. DJ Bobo - Let The Dream Come True - 6.458
    #58. Eiffel 65 - Move Your Body - 6.450
    #59. Fun Factory - I Wanna B With U - 6.432
    #60. Smile.dk - Butterfly - 6.400
    #61. Emjay - Sound Of My Heartbeat - 6.397
    #62. Bambee - Typical Tropical - 6.303
    #63. Twenty 4 Seven - Slave to the Music - 6.292
    #64. Maxx - Get-A-Way - 6.236
    #65. T-Spoon - A Part Of My Life - 6.231
    #66. Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe - 6.228
    #67. Technotronic - Move This - 6.178
    #68. Capital Sound - Your Love Is My Energy - 6.119
    #69. Toy-Box - Best Friend - 6.118
    #70. Crispy - Licky Licky - 6.108
    #71. Smile.dk - Boys - 5.878
    #72. Capital Sound - Higher Love - 5.658
    #73. Miss Papaya - Hero - 5.478
    #74. Solid Base - Come On Everybody - 5.472
    #75. Tiggy - Ring-a-Ling - 5.289

[​IMG]

14. Haddaway should have been top 3 and Dreamer should have been at least top 10. Other than that great job everyone!

And great job @iheartpoptarts and @DJHazey thanks holding a fantastic detailed and well organised rate, but mostly allowing me to bop all summer to these Eurodance classics.

Bring on 00s!

15. Oh, @iheartpoptarts and @DJHazey. I knew it would be an epic rate and I knew you would lead it with skill and charm, but it was an absolute dream from start to finish. Thank you!! I don't want to be totally sappy and tragic... Let's just say that I got quite a bit of stick in my day from people with something critical or snobbish to say about the kind of music I liked--and if I had known back then that someday I'd get the chance to rant and rave about these songs with a bunch of similarly interested people, it would have been a great comfort.

16. Now that we've gotten all of the information out there I'd like to thank everyone for being amazing voters and staying passionate about this genre throughout the rate. It makes the job of rate hosts a little easier when people are posting inbetween reveals and creating narratives throughout. I hope everyone enjoyed this. We definitely did and let me tell you it really helps cut the work load down if you host a rate as a team. I recommend it!

The 00s Eurodance rate is going to go onto the queue onto the bottom of List B like any new rate would, in order to give us a well deserved little vacation. I will be back myself for the Vanessa Carlton Discography rate sometime in the fall/early winter. I know that's a huge crossover from this rate, but hopefully I'll see some of you there.

Aester, Amnesia, roborovsky and 10 others like this.
  17. Oooooohhhhhhh. That's who the Vanessa in your sig is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.