☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick! | Page 104 | The Popjustice Forum

☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by savilizabeths, Jan 27, 2020.

?

What's your favourite Ariana Grande album?

1. Yours Truly

3.2%
  2. My Everything

5.2%
  3. Dangerous Woman

55.5%
  4. Sweetener

10.3%
  5. thank u, next

24.5%
  6. positions

1.3%
  1. I didn't participate in this rate as I don't know Ariana's discography that well, and there are too many features and Christmas songs, but here is my Top 10.

One Last Time
    Break Free
    Into You
    Touch It
    Thinking 'Bout You
    Breathin'
    No Tears Left To Cry
    Goodnight And Go
    Bad Idea
    Ghostin'

My 11 would have gone to 'Into You.' It will be interesting to see how the rest of the rate falls.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    londonrain likes this.
  2. The Way at #17? Nope, wrong again!

Mushroom, Jonathan27, RUNAWAY and 4 others like this.
  3. This countdown die again?

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

@savilizabeths was supposed to do the next one but she’s been offline for a while. @Music Is Death has kindly volunteered to step in and should have the next one up soon.

5. #16 could have been up earlier cause I was originally asked to but I see it’s been taken care of.

6. I was planning on having it up yesterday, but something came up, but I will definitely have it up today.

7. Sorry for the double post: I've started #16's elimination, but I won't be able to use my laptop for the rest of the night, so I'll have to finish it tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll give y'all a hint: a song from my personal favorite album pre-positions will be going. What do y'all think it is?

8. Thank U, Next.

9. I'm really really sorry! I desperately wanted to do the next elimination (and more in the future) but honestly, I don't think it's a good idea for me. The reason for my recent absence has been moving house, which has been both wonderful and exhausting but also anxiety as I still feel like I really disappointed with this rate.

My disappointment in myself has prevented me from logging into the forum and participating in other things which has disconnected me from a place I once loved being. I don't want that. So I think I've made the decision to fully step back from the rate. I'm doing my best not to let this make me feel even worse about the whole thing, but I think it's needed. I don't want to not log on here anymore. I don't want to feel like I'm failing constantly. I want to return here and have a good 2021 with my favourite group of music nerds.

I'm really sorry for how poorly I have handled almost every aspect of this rate. I'm doing my best to be proud of the work that I did do instead of feeling ashamed for the work that I didn't. It has been a terrible year for most people and my mental health has really fallen but I'm doing my best and I hope things get brighter soon.

I love you all very much and thank you for your support always!

10. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

11. You have done an amazing work and definitely appreciate the dedication and consistency that you put into writing up some thoughts for even the least notable of extras! Even if I disagreed with my less liked Ariana songs, I often found myself coming back to something after you highlighted certain aspects of each track. And personally I respect that you came back here to clear things up rather than log off and not come back, since it's something I struggle with myself in real life. Much love!

12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Thinking of you, @savilizabeths.

So... new year, new approach. Since @savilizabeths is stepping back from this rate completely, we're going to switch gears and, instead of continuing with our stopgap approach of guest eliminations, you're getting a new full-time host: me.

So which classic will be our first track of the year to fall?

[​IMG]

☁️ GREEDY ☁️

Average: 8.818

Baby, you got lucky cause you're rocking with the best
    And I'm greedy
    'Cause I'm so greedy

High: 11x2 (@Dijah., @junkos) 10x27 (@savilizabeths, @GimmeWork, @DJHazey, @Dangerous Maknae, @happiestgirl, @Espeon, @maikos87, @ufint, @daninternational, @Serg., @aaronhansome, @TwistedInnocence, @RUNAWAY, @Sanctuary, @Ana Raquel, @slaybellz, @Crisp X, @Slice of Life, @SophiaSophia, @Vixen, @SlowGinFizzzz, @reputation., @Petty Mayonnaise, @Remorque, @blaze_dave, @superultra, @Music Is Death)
    Low: 3 x 1 (@Laurence)
    Total Points: 643.75

This is a bigger bop than a lot of Ari's singles, and that's borne out by your scores here... although that isn't enough to allow it to match its performance in the previous Ariana rate, where it managed to reach #7 with an average of 8.96 and a whopping thirty-eight 10s (plus one 11, from @WhenTheSunGoesDown). I'd have preferred this over Everyday as a single.

I'm not going to pretend to be able to match the commentary from the true Ariana stans, so let's just turn proceedings over to the peanut gallery:

@Dijah. (11) - A CAREER HIGHLIGHT. Everything about this screams fun and that last chorus is EVERYTHING. Not every pop girl has this.

@DJHazey (10) - Always been such a bigtime favorite for me from day one. I love every second from the first blaring notes, the cute little 'cuz I am so', the confidence and power in Ariana's voice stating she get whatever she damn well pleases and she can, all the way to the key-change that sends anybody's wig to the moon.

@superultra (10) - An 11 contender. This song is an adrenaline rush. It’s a compelling argument for Ariana to do a disco/funk album, because she bodied this with ease. That double entendre of “you know I’m coming tonight— I know I’m coming tonight” makes me feel so scandalous. I would write a dissertation of the key change in this song, but we all know that it’s a highlight of her career.

@Laurence (3) - This really got old quick huh?

@reputation. (10) - Absolutely perfect from start to finish. The key change....THE FUCKING KEY CHANGE. OHMYGAAAD

@blaze_dave (10) - got on this when it was on Ru Paul's Drag Race in the lip sync

@Cutlery (9) - My love for Greedy has slightly waned over time, but it's still one of the great cuts of the album. The OG needy bottom anthem.

@Butterfly (7.5) - It’s a good song but I always found this to be the weakest on the standard edition.

@Crisp X (10) - Western pop’s most Kpop influenced song ever, and yes, this is exactly why I almost made this my 11. In all seriousness, everything about it is perfect. It’s camp, fun, joyous, and so singalongy. That key change with those additional strings straight out of James Bond literally steps on my neck!

@Blond (7) - This may have been the “downfall” of one of my favourite drag queens but what an outstanding moment in television.

@RUNAWAY (10) - oh SHE DOESN’T KNOW THE WORDS. Sorry but that’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of how iconic and incredible this song is. I remember being completely snatched when I heard it for the first time when this song leaked I mean...when I bought it legally with my own money…those high notes are just INCREDIBLE.

@Milotic (7.5) - Just good fun, and her voice sounds great.

@TwistedInnocence (10) - The tour performance was EVERYTHING!

@Milotic (7) - I like this, but it isn't in the upper echelon of the album for me. The verses aren't my favorite

@daninternational (10) - When she sang this and dropped Ariana dollars from the ceiling <3 I still have $8 somewhere. Never felt so disrespected by Valentina

@VitaminBee (9.5) - A certified bop with a key change. What a ride!

@GimmeWork (10) - One of her campiest tracks and I’m 100% here for Ari camp any day.

@pop3blow2 (9) - A little gem of a song. Why was this not a proper single?

@chrismoyer (8.5) - Back in the day this was one of the top songs everyone rated by her because of how grand it is, I feel like nowadays people say just how loud, dated, and annoying it is, but I still think this song slaps hard and is a grand, amazing bop.

13. Dd the mod tag coming through had me thinking I'd lost my 11 or even just a 10 but it was neither! This is a good spot for Greedy and it remains iconic for some right and wrong reasons I guess. Ki

14. I remember I wasn't a very big fan of Ari before Dangerous Woman, falsely thinking she was a trend chasing girl based on her singles like Problem and Bang Bang. But then I heard Greedy when the album came out and I was shook by how gay and sexy it was. I prefer Into You these days, but it was my favorite Ariana song until 2018.

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Ddddd yeah you'd all better get used to being tagged for literally every song for which you provided commentary. Oh well.

(And incidentally, thank you yet again to everyone who wrote and posted guest eliminations!)

16. ...what?

17. No fucking way! Maybe re-starting the reveals was a mistake ddd!

Greedy's key-change.

[​IMG]

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I kind of find Greedy annoying now.

elektroxx, AllGagaLike and londonrain like this.
  19. Greedy is great, but haven't listened to it for a long time now. Especially compared to the rest of the album.

londonrain likes this.
  20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.