☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick! | Page 110 | The Popjustice Forum

☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by savilizabeths, Jan 27, 2020.

?

What's your favourite Ariana Grande album?

1. Yours Truly

3.2%
  2. My Everything

5.2%
  3. Dangerous Woman

55.5%
  4. Sweetener

10.3%
  5. thank u, next

24.5%
  6. positions

1.3%
  1. Can't argue with that top 10 really.

2. @Vixen @reputation. @Slice of Life icons xx.
    Thanks! I'm just really glad I didn't have anything below a 9 in the top 30. I hate it when that happens.

Also, same dddd.

3. Honestly this top 10 is kinda random...

But as long as Thinking Bout You and Touch It aren't in the top 5 i'll be content.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

You only had one score below 9 in the whole top 50, and that was the 7 you gave Right There, which left at #43.

5. Oh really? Wow. Queen did that.
    And thanks to the voters for helping get a lot of my high scores in the majority of the top 50!

londonrain likes this.
  6. No Tears Left To Cry absolutely has to win this. Into You, God Is A Woman, Ghostin', and either Breathin' or Bad Idea should complete the top five, please and thank you.

Music Is Death and londonrain like this.
  7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Well, if either Into You or No Tears Left To Cry wins, then this rate won’t be represented in the next winners’ rate, so there’s that...

8. I have six tens in the Top 10 and my lowest score remaining is an eight, which is a lower score than what I gave "Break Free" (a nine).

londonrain likes this.
  9. How I'd like it to go... but honestly 2-4 are interchangeable, and so are 6-10 depending on mood.

1 Into You
    2 No Tears Left To Cry
    3 God Is A Woman
    4 Love Me Harder
    5 Breathin'

6 Touch It
    7 Ghostin'
    8 One Last Time
    9 Thinking Bout You
    10 Bad Idea

londonrain likes this.
  10. 10. Thinking Bout You
    9. Breathin'
    8. Love Me Harder
    7. Bad Idea
    6. God Is A Woman
    5. Into You
    4. No Tears left To Cry
    3. Touch It
    2. One Last Time
    1. Ghostin'

11. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Well, the song to leave us at #10 was on two of your lists in that position.

Only one of those was a list of predictions, though.

[​IMG]
    ☁️ LOVE ME HARDER☁️
    (W/ THE WEEKND)

Average: 9.144

And if in the moment you bite your lip
    When I get you moaning you know it's real
    Can you feel the pressure between your hips?
    I'll make it feel like the first time

High: 11x1 (@OspreyQueen), 10x38(@dylanaber, @Sprockrooster, @2014, @soratami, @chrismoyer, @GimmeWork, @DJHazey, @WhatKindOfKylie?, @RMK, @fatyoshi, @junkos, @andrewdarwitan, @Vitamin, @Espeon, @Ugly Beauty, @CorgiCorgiCorgi, @ufint, @daninternational, @Serg., @Hurricane Drunk, @elektroxx, @RUNAWAY, @Ana Raquel, @Crisp X, @Slice of Life, @SophiaSophia, @138Prince, @Vixen, @reputation., @Remorque, @Laurence, @Cutlery, @Endothelium, @japanbonustrack, @sapnu puas, @Music Is Death, @Mirwais Ahmadzaï, @Blond)
    Low: 6x2 (@SlowGinFizzzz, @happiestgirl)
    Total Points: 667.5

Clinging on to the top 10 by the skin of its teeth is Love Me Harder, which just squeaked past Break Free to get here. Love Me Harder is one of only four songs in the top 10 not to get any scores below 6, and is one of only five songs in the entire rate to achieve that feat. It also has more 10+ scores than the songs at #9 or #8... and yet here we are. (If one voter had given Love Me Harder three-quarters of a point more, it would have tied for #9.) The elimination of this song leaves One Last Time as the only remaining pre-Dangerous Woman song in the rate. Not the forum saying "I didn't prefer her early stuff."

Love Me Harder was the fourth consecutive single from My Everything to reach the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100, and the fourth consecutive single from the album be certified triple platinum or higher (Break Free and Love Me Harder haven't received further certifications beyond triple platinum, whereas Problem and Bang Bang are both certified sextuple platinum).

However, it was only The Weeknd's second single to receive an RIAA certification, as at the time Love Me Harder received a gold certification in December 2014 his only other certification was the platinum certification he'd received for Wicked Games. (Wicked Games has since gone triple platinum, and Often - which was the single before Love Me Harder - ended up going quadruple platinum despite never reaching the top 50 of the Hot 100.)

@BreatheBox (7) - The Weeknd….is not needed.

@pop3blow2 (8.5) - This is finely constructed song. It just never quite did it for me.

@RUNAWAY (10) - ICONIC. ABSOLUTELY ICONIC. This song was a true collaborative MOMENT, that we don’t have enough of. I need more songs like this where it’s just two huge artists doing their thing, and doing it perfectly. What a SONG.

@fatyoshi (10) - Not a fan of Abel's vocals but this one is so wonderful otherwise.

@chrismoyer (10) - One of the best pop songs of the past decade honestly! Ariana and The Weeknd’s voices together sound so good, and the song is a sexual anthem, it’s dark, sexy, and very powerful! Main highlight of My Everything.

@Sprockrooster (10) - Ariana doing classy nasty things. It works well.

@Dijah. (8) - I don’t remember liking this one that much when the album first dropped, but it slaps. So many popular songs had this sound at the time but this is the only one to really do it right for me.

@Crisp X (10) - I'm such a sucker for songs with these kind of propulsing synths. Once she adds the higher harmony in the chorus, I just swoon at her heavenly performance. The Weeknd was the perfect match as their vocals compliment each other, and this also has a dark vibe similar to his material.

@Music Is Death (10) - Another iconic song and single from this album! The production is just continuous perfection, and I love the basket of song sit fits into (Your Type, Style, Save My Soul, etc.) cause they’re consistently amazing. I have no time for The Weekend these days, but I must admit, he was perfect for this.

@daninternational (10) - Perfect collab and a great song

@Cutlery (10) - We love a smash hit, don't we girls? Abel's pop girl collabs are often disappointments for me (*cough* Lana *cough*) but this got everything right. The tone, the mix of Ariana and his' voices, the catchiness. A highlight of this misguided, feature-led album.

@superultra (7) - This song has always been faceless and less enjoyable than the other singles for me, but it’s still kind of a banger.

@138Prince (10) - Yes Ari tell’em you need to be fucked loved harder!

@TwistedInnocence (9) - A mellow bop!

@Milotic (8.5) - My goodness this album has a lot of features doesn't it? But, this one's a classic for sure, and the Weekend is one of the best guest artists present.

@DJHazey (10) - I've run to the store to buy an album by The Weeknd, but he really makes this song complete. The song title and lyrics like "bite my lips" and "pressure between your hips" give you the impression that this is really "F#@& Me Harder"and I stan. Though you'd imagine the song was written with an eyes towards something metaphorical as it pertains to a relationship, we all know something carnal is going on and it's all the better for it.

@OspreyQueen (11) - Irrefutable proof that pop music can be art. Every time I listen to this song over the six years(!) it’s been out, I’m just FLOORED by how transcendent it manages to be. It genuinely makes me feel like I’ve been taken to another realm. God is indeed a woman.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  12. RMK

RMK

I really think Breathin is better than God Is A Woman, but feel like the rate would never fair that way.

13. Ddd NOT me misspelling The Weeknd in my commentary. Flop.

14. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

[​IMG]

Music Is Death, Espeon and slaybellz like this.
  15. I'm screaming at one of the lowest scores for Love Me Harder coming from like the biggest The Weeknd stan in the forum. @happiestgirl what's good?

16. I find their collabs a bit dull tbh! off the table also does nothing for me.

17. @londonrain scamming us all with that thread title ddd

18. No, not "Love Me Harder." That's Top 5 Ari for me!

19. Well at least the best My Everything song made it to the top 10

londonrain likes this.
  20. Love Me Harder, is without a doubt one of her best ever songs and sounds great now almost 7 years now. Remember being so mad it missed the UK top 40 at the time.

londonrain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.