☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick! | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by savilizabeths, Jan 27, 2020.

?

What's your favourite Ariana Grande album?

1. Yours Truly

3.2%
  2. My Everything

5.2%
  3. Dangerous Woman

55.5%
  4. Sweetener

10.3%
  5. thank u, next

24.5%
  6. positions

1.3%
  1. I am currently in the process of sorting out some artwork for the next few eliminations. I'd like to formally apologise for the kinda meh album art I've been using so far. I would have reached out to someone to help ahead of time, but during the entire planning stage I thought I would have access to Photoshop and (as I'm pretty decent with it) would be able to make the artwork as I went. However, last minute my computer with Photoshop on it crapped out on me and I no longer have access to it.

So I've been using a site that has album art templates because GIMP isn't quite as user friendly when you're visually impaired. If anyone either has any links to download photoshop (with everything going on, I definitely can't afford to buy it) or is bored enough to help in any way, I'd be grateful.

For now we get these templates. I hope they're okay.

2. I would help but I’m without Photoshop too and it sucks as it would certainly help me in this current situation but I don’t like the ios version. In the past I’ve used photoscape to create the most basic of graphics as it’s open source and to me it’s easier than GIMP.

But don’t stress about the graphics cause you’re doing amazing I’m loving the write ups in this rate.

3. Photopea is a great Photoshop alternative.

4. I suppose this isn't too surprising....

[​IMG]

☁️ INTRO ☁️
    (Christmas & Chill)

Average: 5.667

Welcome to this Christmas.
    Only comes one time of year, don't miss this.
    I just wanna welcome you to Christmas.
    Let me sneak into your speakers, listen.

High: 10x3 (@Vitamin @superultra @Butterfly) 9x3 (@Blond @Music Is Life @junkos) 8.5x (@chrismoyer)
    Low: 1x4 (@citoig @Hurricane Drunk @Serg. @daninternational) 2x4 (@WhatKindOfKylie? @Espeon @Milotic @Robsolete)
    Total Points: 413.75
    My Score: 5/10

Ariana Grande does intros so incredibly well that this is the only one that we'll see fall for awhile. It's time to bid farewell to 'Intro' from Ariana's second Christmas EP Chirstmas & Chill, which is much less nice list and more naughty list. I had to really think about whether to include this at all or not. It wasn't included in this forums previous rate and I was doubtful that it would go very far. However, I made the decision to include it because, well, why not? Last time we didn't get to see where this would fall and now we do. As I predicted, it really didn't go very far with very mixed reception. I doubt anybody is super gutted seeing it fall here.

While it's certainly the weakest of her intro tracks, that doesn't make it bad. It's a moody little Christmas moment that leads perfectly into what's to come on Christmas & Chill. Lots of harmonies, stuttering R&B production and finger snaps. If it weren't for the lyrics, you would be unlikely to assume this was a Christmas song which makes it perfect to introduce the EP as a whole. It's both different in subject matter and soundscape to most holiday releases I've heard, and I love it for that. Unsurprisingly, this song is the least essential on the tracklisting and I don't use it much outside of the full listening experience of Christmas and Chill. However, it's definately worth listening to and the EP doesn't exactly feel complete for me without it.

I felt like a middle of the road score would make the most sense considering I don't use it much and it is definitely overshadowed by her other intro tracks. But what did you guys think?

We'll have @Petit nain des Îles (8) start us off with one (non-existent) word: "Santariana." A perfect intro to the commentary for 'Intro'. @Cutlery (6.5) manages to find the word I wanted to describe this track: "A Goodnight Gotham tea. This, however, has real vocals and is a bit cute in its slightly ominous feeling." OMINOUS! That's what this sounds like. Very weirdly ominous for a Christmas release. Thank you! I also had to search up 'Goodnight Gotham' because I am uncultered and I get the comparison now. @RUNAWAY (8) seems unsure: "Giving me circus, but also Christmas and idk how I feel about this, but I think I like it." Circus? I'm trying to hear it. My fave @Music Is Life (9) is clamouring for more: "This should be a full song, holy shit at that production." I think it works as an intro better but you're right, the production is pretty awesome.

A couple of you question the sheer point in this. @Milotic (2) wants answers: "Why does this exist?" Because Ari loves intros, I suppose. @daninternational (1) does not agree with my rate decisions: "An intro? To a Christmas album? This was definitely not needed on the rate." I guess I felt like if I was going to include the album intros, it made no sense not to include this one. And here we are. Despite giving a pretty high score, @pop3blow2 (8) doesn't seem to care too much: "I mean, this is a fine intro to a holiday collection I guess." Yeah, that's pretty much the tea. Poor @chrismoyer (8.5) might be disappointed in our taste: "Very underrated! Yall better not tank this just cause it’s very short, it’s a great start to the album." I think this is a fine place for it to fall.

Ari earned some compliments. @AbCF15 (8) is simply having a wonderful Christmas time: "Ari really knows how to get you in the Christmas spirit!" Time to blast Ari's Christmas classics and pretend it's Christmas last year when we weren't all stuck inside during a worldwide pandemic. Lastly, @Blond (9) recognises Ariana's talent for this type of song: "Ariana certainly knows her way around an Intro." She really does. Where do you guys think the others will fall?

Well, that was shorter than usual but then again, so was the song. I'll see you back here next time when an incredibly divisive track falls. As for Dani, she's slack and her commentary will be posted in the thread later on.

5. Christmas and cheerio

6. I agree. There's no one quite like her in that respect.

7. Why did you post Rihanna - Goodnight Gotham? I don't get it...

savilizabeths likes this.
  8. Good riddance!

9. Fffff I left this out of the last rate and the way some people acted you'd think I'd omitted Honeymoon Avenue, and after all that it goes out here at #98. Drama queens!!

10. ... y'all are REALLY going to hate me by the time it gets to top ten/five.

11. Expose the fact that you're not actually reading the eliminations a bit dd

12. I’m just scanning them but hey. My likes are still there! Also reading all that for Intro? Teehee.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    savilizabeths and soratami like this.
  13. I guess sir, if you say so. Some of us just like to read.

14. I didn't fact check this but worth a try.

15. Yes, it’s not her best Intro, but freaking 98? Please. One minute of slick production.

Remorque, soratami and savilizabeths like this.
  16. Whew, very happy at y'all getting Monopoly out. I gave it a 3. It's just so...eh to me. It's very reductive and just...I never bother with it.

A little bummed at the C&C Intro going, but not terribly surprised, since it is just an intro, and is very short, but there's definitely worse stuff here.

7 rings and break up with your girlfriend next please.

17. Any combination of deluxe tracks
    Borderline
    Sweetener
    The Light Is Coming
    7 Rings
    Break Up

18. Can't wait for Break Up With Your Girlfriend and 7 Rings to make it into the top five.
    [​IMG]

19. [​IMG]

20. ...most hated Ariana songs? Here for it.

Remorque, Verandi, superultra and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.