☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick! | Page 52 | The Popjustice Forum

☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by savilizabeths, Jan 27, 2020.

?

What's your favourite Ariana Grande album?

1. Yours Truly

3.2%
  2. My Everything

5.2%
  3. Dangerous Woman

55.5%
  4. Sweetener

10.3%
  5. thank u, next

24.5%
  6. positions

1.3%
  1. Although I did bop a bit to Step On Up, I'm not sad about these two leaving. Byeeee.

savilizabeths likes this.
  2. I'm hurt by both eliminations, but especially for Rule The World. This has one of the best productions Ari has ever been part of (sorry for not recognizing the sample, Amerie unnie x), while also reminding me of one of my favorite hip-hop eras.

3. Rule the World is such a lovely throwback to early 00s r&b, I love it. I’m not happy with some of these results so far :(

I know I know I should’ve participated

4. Rule the World being eliminated this early is antiblack.

5. Step on Up is not the bonus track I would've chosen to go first from Dangerous Woman at all. Jason's Song needs to go soon then.

6. [​IMG]

WAIT!
    [​IMG]
    The different colour schemes in the video?
    I keep watching it over and over

7. I’m so sorry guys! Things are so rough right now. I’ve been struggling really bad. I’ve barely even checked the forum which is super unusual for me.

I promise promise promise we’ll be back on track ASAP.

8. It’s completely okay to take all the time you need for this rate as it means a lot to you, I have no problem with this pacing what’s more important is you and how you feel.

9. Take all the time you need, your mental health matters! There's no pressure for this to run fast, especially given the context. We'll still be here xx

soratami, ysev, fatyoshi and 11 others like this.
  10. No need to apologise we appreciate your dedication to this rate your well-being is important so do take your time and be kind to yourself and stay safe. Also the following applies to anyone in need of a hug cause I know I do though I’m a mess of emotions right now as my mum has surgery next Monday but her treatment is working.

[​IMG]

11. Base entirely on my scores, here's what I'd like to see go sooner than anything else:

Baby I
    Right There
    Tattooed Heart
    You'll Never Know
    Better Left Unsaid

Last Christmas
    Snow in California
    True Love

Bang Bang

Leave Me Lonely
    I Don't Care
    Jason's Song

Raindrops
    R.E.M.
    Sweetener
    Better Off
    Pete Davidson
    Get Well Soon

Needy

My Favourite Part

berserkboi and savilizabeths like this.
  12. [​IMG]

aaronhansome, Lila, ysev and 4 others like this.
  13. Easily my least favorite song on an otherwise great album. 5/10 - It's just so damn boring.

14. Calling for BETTER OFF to leave. I can’t.

15. We'd be Better Off without it.

16. That's homophobic!

17. Calling for Baby I? I pretend I do not see it.

18. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

@savilizabeths, I don’t know if it applies to your current situation but I’ve found that when I’ve been struggling with my own rate, it helps to look at other people’s rates, even ones I’ve read before. It makes me feel really proud inside that I’ve got a rate of my own too, and that always motivates me to get on with the next elimination, if not more than one.

Except not right now because nothing in the whole damn world could motivate me to do a writeup on mobile XenForo

Music Is Death, soratami, Rem and 8 others like this.
  19. Hello all! I have caught up on the forum today, which has felt really good. I know I've said it before but you have all been so kind and supportive and I'm so grateful for this community, both the forum and this thread specifically. You're all wonderful people and I'm so happy that you recognise my passion for this rate and are being patient with me. It means a lot. So thank you!

The next elimination will be coming today. Possibly two of them but we'll see how I go. I'll more likely choose to focus on other forum things that I need to get done. I love you all.

xo

20. Well, it's been a minute. Let's continue.

[​IMG]
    ☁️ BAD TO YOU ☁️
    (FT. NORMANI & NICKI MINAJ)

Average: 6.106

Baby, I've been feedin' the addiction
    Flyin' from there and back, felt like an acrobat
    Brown eyed, so I fell into submission
    Eager to catch myself, like what the hell?

High: 10x1 (@OspreyQueen) 9.25x1 (@BreatheBox) 9x3 (@Holly Something @RUNAWAY @Music Is Life) 8.5x1 (@Vixen) 8x7 (@AllGagaLike @DJHazey @WhatKindOfKylie? @happiestgirl @CorgiCorgiCorgi @ufint @daninternational)
    Low: 0x1 (@Wired Life) 1x1 (@reputation.) 2x2 (@lemonsqueezyy @superultra) 3x3 (@blaze_dave @Laurence @Hurricane Drunk) 3.5x1 (@Mushroom) 4x2 (@138Prince @SophiaSophia)
    Total Points: 445.75
    My Score: 7/10

Poor Extras section. Poor Charlie's Angel soundtrack. Both take another cut with 'Bad to You', a collaboration between Ariana, Normani and Nicki Minaj. It was featured soundtrack for Charlie's Angels and is Ariana's 10000000th collaboration with Miss Nicki. It is also the second collab of theirs to fall in this rate. If I had given 'Rule the World' the high score it deserved, it would have beaten this track out. A shame really, since 'Bad to You' is far from the most exciting thing here. It's a nice, minimal moment with three badass woman serving really nice performances. The production feels very modern and Spotify playlist ready. I could totally hear it being really successful if they'd pushed it.

The thing is, it's kinda boring. The elements are all there. I think Ariana and Normani sound beautiful and their voices harmonise beautifully. The production is nice and I actually adore the melody, especially on the verses. It's really cool. Nicki delivers a solid verse and the hook is catchy as hell. Yet somehow all of these elements don't click together. They should mesh together and explode into greatness but they sort of just fall into mediocrity. With these three women at the wheel, a collaboration should have been mindblowing. They're all capable of greatness but this just isn't it. I'm just disappointed. I'm bopping a little, but I'm disappointed. If you need something chill to listen to then this is your girl, but I hope one day we get the collaboration we deserve from these three icons.

I know my write ups are usually longer, but seriously what is there to say about this? It's nice. That's it. So, let's see if you guys have better, more interesting input. Starting with @Milotic (7), who is stanning for Nicki: "Nicki's verse elevated this one for me." I find this interesting since this is far from a standout Nicki verse for me. Another Nicki shoutout comes from @RUNAWAY (9): "A bop. That chorus is kind of lazily written, but the verses and vocals are life-giving, and Nicki killed it." It's definitely lazy in that Spotify playlist kind of way, yeah. Like, they found one phrase, ran with it and went "Yep! Perfect! Done!" @pop3blow2 (7.75) is meh on this: "Not horrible, but kinda misses for me." Oh hey, we're taste twins again because same! @chirsmoyer (5) is also shrug emoji-ing: "It’s alright. I like all three of them in a song. I don’t mind it as much as others hate it, it’s just ok." Another taste twin, since our taste almost always matches. I definitely overscored this song.

Normani also got some shoutouts, first by @daninternational (8) who is stanning: "Every song should have a verse by Normani tbh." She truly is the greatest member in this post-Fifth Harmony world. Icon! Seems @Sprockrooster (5) is disappointed: "Probably the worst Normani has put her name too." I'd say there are a few Fifth Harmony tracks worse than this, but I can see what you mean. @Petit nain des Îles (6) is screaming for more Normani: "This sounds like a bridge between Bloodline and Side To Side, while not popping off as much as either. Normani isn't present enough too. Eh." Actually yes! It does sound like the least interesting sibling in a TV sitcom or something. Another 'Side to Side' mention comes from @blaze_dave (3): "Sounds like a bad version of Side to Side." I does have 'Side to Side'-lite vibes but not THAT much. @Butterfly (6.5) hasn't given the song many plays: "It’s not a bad song by any means it’s just so below what all three of them are capable of. I am a huge fan of all three and yet I’ve only listened to this twice." I mean, until today I had probably listened to it under five times so I'm with you.
    @DJHazey (8) made a discovery: "Didn't know other songs from this soundtrack before, but let me add it real quick because it's an effortless bop." Have you listened to it much since? My favourite low scorer @Laurence (3) drags another track: "Bad for the scores." I mean, you're not wrong. Lastly, both our highest and lowest scorers had commentary this time around. Zero giver @Wired Life says: "An absolute waste of a collab. A boring version of a great album track that should have never been officially released." Is the great album track the Dua snippet or am I missing something? I feel dumb and confused. And we'll end on a positive note with @OspreyQueen (10) who actually mentions the film: "It might just be because I really enjoyed the film, but I find the Charlie’s Angels songs to be super underrated. This one in particular is a gorgeous minimal bop, and it hasn’t left my head since November. I don’t even mind Nicki’s presence on it that much so it must be pretty damn great." I love that every song has at least one stan. I never saw the film but it's good to know that someone enjoyed it!

Alright. Goodbye 'Bad to You'. Only two Charlie's Angels tracks left. When will they fall? I suppose we'll see. I'm actually quite upset about our next elimination. Y'all are tasteless. Love you all! And thank you for your kindness and patience.
    xo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.