☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick! | Page 94 | The Popjustice Forum

☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by savilizabeths, Jan 27, 2020.

?

What's your favourite Ariana Grande album?

1. Yours Truly

3.2%
  2. My Everything

5.2%
  3. Dangerous Woman

55.2%
  4. Sweetener

10.4%
  5. thank u, next

24.7%
  6. positions

1.3%
  1. The Taylor Swift rate thread started in July 2018 and concluded in May 2019, largely due to personal/life issues x2 and a desire to provide a quality experience, so I don't know why this rate host deserves to be singled out when she's being evicted in the middle of a god damn pandemic. The earth isn't going to roll off its axis because a forum rate, which I understand people are passionate about, isn't exactly going according to schedule.

2. It’s frustrating when a rate is a abandoned but this hasn’t been the case here and considering the circumstances I think an exception can be made. I’ve honestly have had no issues with @savilizabeths hosting throughout and I’ll support whatever decision she makes anyway my offer of help still applies.

3. Here here.

savilizabeths likes this.
  4. This rate queue overhaul is so fucking stupid. Rates aren't that serious, if life gets in the way, then they can pause. No one should be pressuring the host to rush or hand off their hard work to someone else. IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS. Let her sort out what she needs to and get back to enjoying herself posting. If she wants to give up the rate, so be it, but don't pressure her to do it if she still wants to host it. Y'all can wait.

5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I am asking another mod to respond to these concerns. But I will mention that these specific rules about rate hosting (which can be found on the first page if you’re interested in reading them) have been around since at least 2018, maybe even 2017.

6. But these rules have been only enforced in situations where there has been no contact from the host in this thread or with the mods. I am so sorry to derail the thread even further and no shade to the host cause I know he has good reason also for not keeping the results up to date, but the flop girls rate started in August 2019 and this one January 2020. Neither are finished. Yet the callout from you/@londonrain is not in that rate and he has been given another chance quite recently because he wants to finish it himself and I understand that completely and support it. I just do not understand why the same can't apply here.

Since the host is keeping us informed in this thread is enough for me. With the intense drama he/she is facing personally it somehow feels wrong to let this blow up. This should not be the rate to set a precedent. If he/she would posting elsewhere on this forum but not informing us or the mods I completely understand and standby on your side to instantly lock the thread or put the backup host to work.

7. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

To be perfectly blunt, the only reason why this hasn’t happened with the flop girl bands rate is because the host of that rate has repeatedly refused to give us the spreadsheet or to allow me to do guest eliminations.

We’ve been in regular contact with both the host of this rate and of that rate - and indeed with the host of every rate that’s been delayed since the summer - and we’ve been keeping in touch with all those hosts about what’s happening with them, how we can help, etc.

I don’t doubt that @savilizabeths will do an amazing job when she feels up to it if she wants to return to the rate, but right now there’s a LOT on her plate and so it’s not unreasonable to suggest that someone else pick up the hosting - even on a temporary basis - so that she doesn’t feel like there’s a rush for her to return right now. Life happens and it’s absolutely fine for someone else to pick a rate up while you sort out IRL stuff, which is way more important than a rate on a music forum.

8. If you don't have guidelines for rate hosting then you get the mess we had where there are literally 50 rates running simultaneously or if you prevent that by waiting for rates to finish before starting new ones then you prevent other hosts from being able to start their rates because the queue system gets clogged up. I get that you can always monitor how many rates start each month but if you also don't want alot of rates in the reveal stage either. Also there is the factor that rate voters put alot of time into their ballots in some cases upwards of 20+ hours before handing their scores/comments. It is only fair to see the results in a reasonable time. This rate has been very different from abandoned rates where hosts literally ghost us all because she has kept us up to date on it all. However, like everything else in life, no matter how silly rates on a forum looks compared to real life problems, we have to follow rules and guidelines in place to keep things running smoothly and fair for all. I don't see the problem with a backup host taking over results when IRL events prevent the original from continuing, the idea is meant to help. Why would a host not want their reveals continue? Use the help provided so everyone wins...seems pretty straight forward to me.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    AllGagaLike and londonrain like this.
  9. So lock the thread until you get it. Wasn't that also in the rules (i am sure I have read that several times) or perhaps a new since the moderator take over? I do not recall.

I am confused we are still dealing with hosts who will not hand in their spreadsheet. I have been doing so since my first in 2016 and thought it was pretty standard by now after some incidents (most notably the Alicia Keys rate). This is a plea to all hosts to do so.

Still I feel like it is in the hands of the host here to decide what to do cause he/she has not been ignoring us. I am not sure who mentioned it, but looking how things go for the next 2 weeks is a way to go? No update then might mean we can slowly start again with the back-up? Maybe throw out google forms poll for what the voters/viewers want from the options the host self gave? That seems to be the most fair? I do not know.

10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

We’ll PM @savilizabeths and work something out that works for her and for the rate. Personally I know I want her to have the time and space to deal with her stuff but to also be able to enjoy the forum without thinking “damn, I have a rate to update” all the time.

11. Moonlight would have been in the running for my 11.

12. Honestly, I don't see the problem. Like, at all. @savilizabeths has done a fantastic job with this rate so far, I absolutely loved the write-ups and stories and just the genuine passion behind it. It's not her fault she is being fucking evicted during a pandemic! Let her sort out her situation, and then let her finish the rate she started and clearly put a lot of time and effort into. And if that takes a couple weeks – so what??? It's not like anybody gets hurt just because there are no eliminations for a little while. I don't think it's fair to try to take this project away from her.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    thommyh, Ashling92 and savilizabeths like this.
  13. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

We’re already talking to @savilizabeths about it. There’s a lot more detail and sensitivity to our PMs with her than you give us credit for.

14. I hope everything will work out as soon as possible for all of you. Take your time and, whichever the decision is, we are going to support it.

15. Oh my god! Wow...

I’m sorry I posted my update and then vanished. I wanted to take a couple of days to process everything, and I also had some plans yesterday that required full attention. I just woke up and read all of this.

I will be privately messaging the mods once I am more awake. I am incredibly grateful for everything that has been said. You’re all incredibly sweet and I’m thrilled to know you have enjoyed the write ups so much! I’ll update you guys later.

- Sav

16. July 2018 - May 2019? That's nothing. @Remorque started the flop girl bands rate in August 1997 and it still isn't finished!

17. No, but it’s quality.

I have repeatedly apologized, but I’m trying my best to juggle my professional life, which is trying to kill me that I’m sure of, a heavy exercising regime, some semblance of a social life and my favourite thing ever, which is swimming around in this pink hell hole... Sadly that last part has kinda gotten away from me. I’m going to try my best to finish it by 3rd November though.

18. It really is. I hope you know I was joking. x

19. Honey, 90% of what I say on here ain't serious, so I saw you. x

20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

An update on what's happening with this rate:

@ohnostalgia and I have been having some pretty lengthy discussions with @savilizabeths. As you already know, there's a whole bunch of stuff going on in her life right now and she needs a break from hosting for a while. In the meanwhile, is anyone willing to either post a few guest eliminations or take over the rate entirely until @savilizabeths is ready to return? I have the spreadsheet so can share the relevant scores and commentary (for guest eliminations) or the whole sheet (for a full-on guest host).

I should clarify that this in no way diminishes the great job @savilizabeths has done with the elimination posts so far, and no volunteer should feel compelled to match her posts' tone, length or formatting, but it would help her massively if somebody else had this rate in hand and she knew it was ticking over while she deals with her stuff IRL. She's said she'll drop in and post when she can, but overall she just needs a bit of a break.

I would offer to do this myself but I didn't vote in this rate, so it feels a bit ridiculous for me to start posting eliminations for songs I didn't score.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.