☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick! | Page 95 | The Popjustice Forum

☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by savilizabeths, Jan 27, 2020.

?

What's your favourite Ariana Grande album?

1. Yours Truly

3.2%
  2. My Everything

5.2%
  3. Dangerous Woman

55.5%
  4. Sweetener

10.3%
  5. thank u, next

24.5%
  6. positions

1.3%
  1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

A reminder of which songs are still yet to be eliminated:

Bad Idea
    Be Alright
    Better Off
    Bloodline
    Break Free
    Breathin’
    Dangerous Woman
    Everyday
    Everytime
    Ghostin’
    God Is A Woman
    Goodnight n Go
    Greedy
    Honeymoon Avenue
    In My Head
    Into You
    Knew Better
    Love Me Harder
    NASA
    No Tears Left To Cry
    One Last Time
    Santa Tell Me
    Side To Side
    Thank U, Next
    The Way
    Thinking Bout You
    Touch It

soratami, pop3blow2, Blond and 13 others like this.
  3. Someone I know who will do a tremendous job with this is @Laura Vanderbooben. I am not sure she visits this thread often hence my tag. I do not want to put you on the spot. Her history with Ariana and writeups are amazing - she was a host before for Ariana. Obviously I can't look in her personal life if she has time and anyone else who volunteers will be supported by me too. I sadly have no time to do it now as I am hosting a rate myself neither would I have the range to pull it off for Ariana.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. I certainly can't finish this thing but I'm willing to write a few elims here and there as long as you all give me that thing that I love.

Also I think I have some of my album art from my last rate still saved dd

soratami, GimmeWork, Blond and 20 others like this.
  5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Any more volunteers?

I’ll be apportioning the elimination posts tonight or tomorrow morning, so please let me know by then if you haven’t already.

(Thank you to those who have already PMed me!)

6. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I've allocated around twenty eliminations to guest hosts now. If @savilizabeths comes back before they're done and is willing to resume reveals, she's very welcome to do so, but otherwise we've got a schedule that should allow her a decent breather. I've PMed the guest hosts and we should hopefully have #27 up over the next few days (I'm waiting for the commentary and will send it through to the guest host once I get it).

What I can say about the next elimination is that it's another song that received an 11... and it has by far the fewest 10s of any song in the top 30. (It has twelve 10s, which is a significant drop from Moonlight's twenty 10s.) Any guesses?

7. Hopefully it's Everyday...issa bop but out of it's depth at this point.

8. I can’t believe Everyday outlasted Sometimes...

9. Everyday is better than any Dangerous Woman track eliminated so far. It's top 3 in the album in fact! Source: me

10. Everyday some other day please

londonrain and savilizabeths like this.
  11. "Be Alright," please and thank you.

Verandi, londonrain and savilizabeths like this.
  12. I will be giving access to the commentary document as soon as I get home. I really want to thank you all for stepping up and helping me like this. Especially to @londonrain and @ohnostalgia for encouraging me through a tough time. I do plan to return but I can’t wait to see what our guest hosts have in store. I will be following along and sharing my thoughts because I absolutely cannot abandon this. I have loved this process so much and I love every single one of you.

More sappy posts to come, I’m sure. For now....stay safe and I love you! Since I won’t get to say that in elimination posts for awhile.

13. Hi girls.

[​IMG]

Let's pick this up again shall we? Just give me a moment to get there.​

14. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The way this was posted three minutes after I sent you the details of which song you were eliminating...

[​IMG]

15. Perched but it better not be Everyday...

Laurence, Milotic, Espeon and 6 others like this.

[​IMG]

EVERYDAY

Average: 8.277

He givin' me that good shit that make me not quit
    That good shit
    Oh he give it to meeee
    He give it to meeeeeeee

He give it to meeeeEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAOOOOOOOOHEGIVEITTOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

High: 11x1 (@138Prince), 10 x 12 (@dylanaber, @junkos, @DJHazey, @WhatKindOfKylie?, @Sanctuary, @chrismoyer, @myblood, @daninternational, @Laura Vanderbooben, @RMK, @Remorque, @Cutlery)
    Low: 4 x 2 (@Vixen, @happiestgirl), 4.5 x 1 (@Aester)
    Total Points: 604.25
    My Score: 10/10

I regret to inform you prudes that Everyday is Top 10 Ariana and that this is far, far too low a placement for. On release I called it a "coitus-powered buzzsaw cleaving you in twain," because I am a poet, and that description HOLDS TO THIS DAY even though I am NOT SLEEPING WITH ANYONE BECAUSE IT'S A PANDEMIC and I MISS DOING THAT. But enough about me and my needs. This placed at #8 in the previous rate - granted, Ariana has released three (!!) albums since then, so a change was inevitable, but c'mon. C'mooonn! This song. A beat like a goddamn runaway train, voquelles for days, adlibs ad nauseam, a terrific verse from Future, and sex! Oh, the sex. We should've seen positions coming after this song.

Commentary?! What's that, precious? Oh, fine, we'll start with @Sprockrooster, because his take allows me to quote my favorite person: me. "I started stanning this song due to the write-up from @Laura Vanderbooben in the previous Ariana rate." That's right you did. Let's share part of it with the class shall we?

Yes god. Whew, I need a smoke. (Although I'm reminded that I used to have to split elimination posts because of the character limit and, christ, what a bleak time that was.) Anyweigh, @Music Is Death (WHAT is this username sis) marvels, "Those squelchy, slightly siren-esque synths that open and run throughout this are so good. Also THAT OUTRO." @RUNAWAY accurately appraises Future's contribution: "such a fantastic addition to her amazing singles run. Future really adds so much to the song, and I don’t say that often with a rap feature, but this song is different. He’s all over the song, so it really feels like a duet more than a feature." He really works here. This song should've been so much bigger but it was already facing an uphill battle as a fourth single in the streaming era, and then the shit the bed with that video. Ah, what could've been.

Right @Cutlery? "Pure erotic euphoria made into a bass-heavy track. The chemistry between them is to die for. The quick nut, the hooks, everything, I can't name something I would change." Mmmyes same same. I've listened to it five times while writing up this post. OG pop rate henny @DJHazey is impressed that "Somehow a repeated 'everyday' from a male feature works for me, but more than that the song just slaps. Hard. Probably while he giving her that 'good shit'. The album is littered with #BadGalAri anthems, as it should, because that's the theme of the entire thing, but I might pick this as the centerpiece one, if I had to choose." I'd say that's pretty accurate teebs. God, Dangerous Woman is a great record huh. sumpthinbouhsumpthiBOUH @Milotic, who dubs it a "great bottom anthem. I enjoy Future on this, also. The production is what sells it for me mostly." And @Crisp X wonders if perhaps that production was just tiew tantalizing. "Hmmm did Everglow rip the 'Everyday' hook off for 'Bon Bon Chocolat'? Get the music cops on this case." I don't know what any of those words mean so who can say, really!!

@fatyoshi calls it "The most basic of basic bops" and this song is not basic girl what's wrong with you, talking about it like this is a Heidi Montag outtake smh BUT you gave it an 8 so I'll spare your life. "This popped off a bit at my tour stop during the Dangerous Woman tour." The mysterious Chris Moyer - who apparently is not a user here but is on Twitter? - says it's a "Catchy motherfucking song! The song is addicting and just a super cool fun bop to jam to. Future’s verse is fire too!" Anyway Chris Moyer rearranges to "Chime Sorry" so stay woke y'all.

@Laurence murmurs "Nut quick" over and over to himself, which is likely praise, but he gave it a 7 which is the same score as @superultra who only deems it "passable." Interesting! Whew, the layers. @daninternational rights the ship but shouting at us all to "get that dick errday" and gives it a 10. Then we have @TwistedInnocence (that's right, girl, I found your new username, you can't hide from ME) with the scorching hot take that "the music video is slightly iconic and underrated!", which is a nice segue to our lone 11, @138Prince, who disagrees entirely. "This single deserved better, I know it’s not Ariana’s best song objectively but I'm just trying to give it justice because I was so upset when Side To Side was a hit, everything was aligning for Everyday to smash & then Ari fucked it up giving it a stupid 'funny' video."

Let's watch it.

(yes, this is where the gif is from)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  17. [​IMG]

soratami, Laurence, Milotic and 23 others like this.
  18. I'm kinda okay with this but I kinda feel like I underscored Everyday sooooo....
    Anyway dddd @Laura Vanderbooben it's a reference to a round of slasher, a round of PJ00s, the fact that it was Spooktober when I changed it, and the fact that music kills me in a good way n(n)n(n).

19. I hate how much Everyday flopped.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.