☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick! | Page 98 | The Popjustice Forum

☁️Imagine A Rate Like That☁️ - The Ariana Grande Rate: a double winner makes it a hat-trick!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by savilizabeths, Jan 27, 2020.

?

What's your favourite Ariana Grande album?

1. Yours Truly

3.3%
  2. My Everything

5.2%
  3. Dangerous Woman

54.9%
  4. Sweetener

10.5%
  5. thank u, next

24.8%
  6. positions

1.3%
  1. @savilizabeths I MADE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PRAISING WRITEUP TO YOUR 11 IN THE DREAMCATCHER RATE AND THIS IS HOW I GET RETRIBUTED??????

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Go No Tears, I guess.

2. About time, my 8 was kind in retrospect as I had no idea it was this beloved. Everyday destroys it, for example.

savilizabeths likes this.
  3. The way I and so many others clowned ourselves with the very first snippet she shared and thinking it was going to be a ginormous banger... and the real thing being a very sweet but not really very in your face at all.

I remember fans asking her why she changed it but it sort of only really showed the brief moment it pops off a bit in the middle and was played at deafening volume in the snippets ddd.

savilizabeths likes this.
  4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I love Be Alright! Sweet and simple but sometimes that's good enough x

5. Well.......,,I.........

I’ll try and defend myself later when I’m more awake but I promise I’m very ashamed.

(I mean, I’m not and I stand by it but still!)

soratami, AllGagaLike, Dijah. and 6 others like this.
  6. I didn't realize that "Be Alright" was this beloved as well. I mean, she's cute, but like a 7.5 cute. Or perhaps less.

savilizabeths and DJHazey like this.
  7. "Be Alright" out-ranking "Everyday"? Y'all.

8. Maybe I'm just sentimental but I LOVE Be Alright, I still come back to it often. 'But the hard times are golden, cause they all lead to better days' is such a lovely little lyric.

slaybellz, GimmeWork, Milotic and 3 others like this.
  9. Dddd I love my description because it made me laugh, but I've never actually watched Glee.
    But I do love Be Alright! Possibly a 10 for me now. I'm a sucker for any "It'll be okay" kinda song, and the chorus is one of Ari's catchiest moments.

Espeon and savilizabeths like this.
  10. The reality on this discourse is that both 'Everyday' and 'Be Alright' deserved to be in the top 20
    I would've gladly sacrificed what's left of My Everything sans Love Me Harder for that

slaybellz, Espeon, GimmeWork and 4 others like this.
  11. Exactly! No need to choose between them, they were both treated badly

12. Gutted-wish this could have hung around well into the top 20.

savilizabeths and Cutlery like this.

[​IMG]

☁️ IN MY HEAD☁️

Average: 8.541

Look at you
    Boy, I invented you
    Gucci tennis shoes
    runnin' from your issues

High: 11x1 (@superultra), 10x27 (@aaronhansome, @japanbonustrack, @Mirwais Ahmadzaï, @OspreyQueen, @Blond, @dylanaber, @2014, @soratami, Chris Moyer, @Dijah., @Dangerous Maknae, @lemonsqueezyy, @Vitamin, @CorgiCorgiCorgi, @Laura Vanderbooben, @elektroxx, @TwistedInnocence, @Sanctuary, @Crisp X, @Slice of Life, @Wired Life, @138Prince, @reputation., @Petty Mayonnaise, @Remorque, @Cutlery, @ysev)
    Low: 3x1 (@daninternational), 5x3 (@BreatheBox, @VitaminBee, @Ana Raquel)

Total Points: 623.5
    My Score: 10/10

Bit of a bummer to see this depart but we're also getting to - or already at - that part of rates where every cut hurts, especially when you're dealing with a discography like Ariana's. Slick, atmospheric, moody, and a little chilly...but enough about me! My In My Headcanon (heh) is always that this is Max Martin, and then I have to remind myself that it is in fact not, but the work of a production team headed by Pop Wansel. Not to shade anything else Pop has worked on - especially not the Pulitzer Prize winning anthem 'Hair' by Ashley Tisdale - but this song, I think, could pretty easily be considered his best.

Is it about Mac? Pete? Another beau? We don't know, and Ariana isn't saying anything other than the universally shared experience of building someone up to be someone they're not (and perhaps, someone they're incapable of being). It wasn't really a single but got a video to coincide with her August 2019 Vogue cover, serving much more of a look than the actual cover, even though that Stay Puft Marshmallow Man jacket is...questionable. But we love a '90s big white room moment, and scamming Vogue into funding things, because if there's one area that's just overflowing with cash it's the publishing industry.

A damn shame she's never performed it live. Perhaps too sad.

The gals didn't have a lot to say about this. FINE BY ME. @Dijah. felt somethin'. "This coming right off from Ghostin’ is A LOT, emotionally. She really tapped into all my relationship issues here. Relatable queen :(" @RUNAWAY "likes this song, but I can never remember how it goes when it’s over." Call me when you're trying to recall it and I'll sing it for you a cappella. @daninternational, perhaps not quite aware of how well-regarded this track is, sneers "Don't remember this and won't tomorrow." But you'll remember the ass-whooping @Milotic lays on you! "Whew, the lyrics. Just perfectly describes my last relationship. Also love the production here."

@Crisp X says "her vocals runs are career highlights" and are we surprised, girls? Illustrious Twitter enthusiast Chris Moyer (hi Chris!) says, "Underrated! I am in love with this one, it’s very deep and meaningful, that beginning is very powerful with the message, and the bridge hits hard. I love the 'Skrrt, Skrrt, Gucci Tennis Shoes' parts. I think it’s one of her highlights, easily." But @DJHazey, harder to impress, "only" gives it an 8. "Went from 'wow this slaps' to simply 'tis a bop' with a shrug, but it's always going to deserve the plays."

"Another 11 contender," sighs @reputation. "Best one on the album after Ghostin’ for me. Extremely relatable and that bridge/outro is beautifully heartbreaking. I may or may not have teared up listening to it too." And then there's @superultra, yassing us to a conclusion. "I. love. everything. about. this. song. Well, I love everything except the voicemail at the beginning. However, this is something I never knew I wanted from her. The biblical references. The religious imagery. The career-highlight of her stretching out how it 'was all in [her] head.' I really don’t have all the words to summarize how much I adore this song, but it’s beautiful. It’s the jaded, older, wiser sister of 'Bad Decisions,' wherein she learns that the bad boy she tried to change will always be bad for her."

soratami, ufint, GimmeWork and 36 others like this.
  14. My favorite song on thank u, next. Well, tied with imagine.

I see you @superultra — I've noticed your excellent taste in Ariana meshing with mine throughout the rate. When positions leaked and you gave a rave review amidst some negativity, I knew I'd love the album.

15. The sentient boots are the best part of the vogue video mmmhmmm. And you should totally give us an a capella rendition <3

16. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Oh hell noooooo this is top 10 Ariana. I'm so sorry for your loss, @superultra. Excellent choice for an 11.

17. Ok but I was listening to that song 5 minutes ago. Your mind!

18. "in my head" deserved Top 20, tbh.

19. in my head deserved better.

20. Well... Alexa, play “Bye Bye” by Mariah Carey, because I just lost something.
    [​IMG]

I haven’t caught up with this rate in a minute, so I have to go back and view the previous eliminations, but damn. It really did deserve Top 20. Make sure y’all get tested for covid! I heard lack of taste is a potential symptom!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.