In today's edition of The Stage... | The Popjustice Forum

In today's edition of The Stage...

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sifr, Aug 13, 2009.

1. There's an ad, from which I have excerpted the following (I've bolded two bits for entertainment value)

PRODUCTION TEAM BEHIND THE SUGABABES AND ALL SAINTS LOOKING TO SET UP A FRESH NEW 5 PIECE GIRL GROUP

MUST BE EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE & 100% COMMITTED
    GREAT VOICE A GREAT BONUS BUT MUST BE A GOOD MOVER

So...a) I wasn't aware of the same team being behind the Saints and the Babes, and b) I think the last line indicates a certain lack of standards at the outset.

Any thoughts?

2. Popjustice

Popjustice Staff Member

Cameron McVey?

3. Doesn't mention him in the ad (I haven't posted the contact details here) but he was my only linking thought between the two. But then he seems like the kind of chap who'd actually want quality vocals in a group.

4. I'm going in a wig.

5. You will walk it! You go girlfriend!

6. If we interpret "Production team" a little creatively it could be Ron Tom who founded/managed both groups.

I can't imagine Cameron McVey being involved with something "Great voice a great bonus".

7. Sounds like Ron Tom to me. He was All Saints manager and he 'discovered' Siobhan (she was mates with his daughter) and introduced her to Mutya. Ron Tom was hardly the production team behind the Sugababes though.

That is advert is so hideous.

MUST BE EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE & 100% COMMITTED
    GREAT VOICE A GREAT BONUS BUT MUST BE A GOOD MOVER

Eurgh!

8. Guest member

Guest member Guest

Well, I thought we already had Bubbel G to look out get ready for next year?

9. So which member of Girls Can't Catch is gonna get in?

10. None. Ouch.

11. Will Jessica Simpson be auditioning?

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Are you sure that advert is real? Lordy

This is correct. "Production team behind Sugababes" just sounds like Engrish.

13. ^No, it is "Sugababes" not "the Sugababes" just like it's "Carpenters" not "the Carpenters". You wouldn't expect to see "behind the Girls Aloud" would you?

14. Expect to see Emma Soraya Beard in the front of the audition queue

15. Be that as it may however I do own a Sugababes CD that has "includes postcards of the Sugababes" or something of this nature printed clearly on the top (I think for the Round Round single).

16. Also in response to the advert, I think Cheryl Cole's schedule is fully booked for the foreseeable future...

17. Aww I hope so. Don't give up, Emma.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.