Incredible shuffle moments | The Popjustice Forum

Incredible shuffle moments

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ADolla, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I was sitting in the library yesterday with my iPod on shuffle, as you do. The thing about shuffle is, most of the time - it's absolute shit. You sit there flicking through and through until you find one thing (which begs the question, why is all that stuff we don't want to listen to on our iPod in the first place?). Or it can have it's moments.

I was listening to "Under Ice" by Kate Bush, but not paying an awful lot of attention. On the album, as it ends and goes into "Waking the Witch", "Under the Ice" finishes, there's silence, and all of a sudden a man whispers "Wake up". With headphones on, and in already in an eerily quite and serene place, this was an incredible sensation. At this point it went directly into Bjork's "Pagan Poetry", which just gave me the most intense shivers. Shivers only a music fan could understand. You know when a shuffle sounds like it has been made to be the most amazing it could be, with the timing just perfect? If you were to go and listen to "Under Ice" then "Pagan Poetry" now, it wouldn't be the same, you just can't engineer a situation like that.

Anyone else ever had something similar, where two/more songs have been perfectly put in sequence by your trusty iPod/computer/mp3 player?

2. Wasn't aware this had anything to do with lists or charts... or questions leading to lists or charts... never mind!

3. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

What's My Name then Lose Control / Let Me Down came together. Stargate heeeeeaven.

4. One time '3' by Britney Spears came third in my shuffle.

Another time I shuffled 'Happiness' by Alexis Jordan came up, followed by 'Happiness' by Goldfrapp, followed by 'Happiness' by Alexis Jordan (Michael Woods Remix)

5. JadeFan

JadeFan Guest

Are you sure you weren't just listening to your music alphabetically? hehe

6. I had this yesterday and could not stop singing along.

Drowned World / Substitute For Love
    Can't Be Stopped (Janet Jackson)
    Take A Bow (Madonna again)

7. Last week I was at the gym with my playlist on shuffle, and Yummy by Gwen wrapped up its breakdown at the end and then immediately it was 'Go stand in the corner and think about what you did', which was Taylor's Better Than Revenge. It was such an amazing moment that I can't even really describe it properly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.