India.Arie | The Popjustice Forum

India.Arie

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by cambodiangoatpatrol, Feb 25, 2007.

1. I got her debut album yesterday, and adore her style....
    Can anyone direct me in the next direction, and suggest some song titles to get excited over?
    Thanks
    -CGP-
    -x-

2. Ignore her 2nd album. But her 3rd, almost as goog as the original

3. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I find Res, Lamya and Amel Laurieux in the same style but poppier, catchier and more accessible.

4. "I Am Not My Hair" plus any remixes of it as well as Don Henley cover "The Heart of the Matter" are two of my favorite songs from last year.

5. She needs to find a new topic to sing about other than loving yourself.

6. the heart of the matter

best song ever!

and beautiful is a grower too

7. I love her work.

8. Both are brilliant, particularly heart of the matter which should be a single.

9. Ready For Love and Back To The Middle are BEAUTIFUL.

10. Agree about I Am Ready For Love... That was simply breathtaking...

11. In a serious relationship with India again after Britney instastories. This woman is amazing. So talented... and sadly so underrated. Acoustic Soul is so strong. Deffo one of the best r&b/soul albums of all time.

12. Agree- in my opinion Acoustic Soul is one of the best neo-soul albums and one that I would suggest to listen to if you are new to India. Strength Courage and Wisdom was my empowerment song for a long time. What are other people's faves? I enjoyed a few tracks on Voyage to India- any must have India albums?

Rafa_el likes this.
  13. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Moderator

Testimony Volume 1 is her best album after Acoustic Soul, I think. I imagine there are people who don't like I Am Not My Hair (but they are wrong) and her cover of The Heart of the Matter is among the best things she's ever done (she'll never top Video though).

Rafa_el likes this.
  14. From Acoustic Soul my faves are "Nature", "Simple" and "Brown Skin". Each track leads me to a real good place, tbh.

I agree. "These Eyes", "India's Song" and mainly "Wings Of Forgiveness" are my treasures. Testimony II has also some really good moments. I enjoy her cover os "Pearls" so much, it makes me cry almost every time. Voyage to India is my least fave, but one of my fave tracks from India is there, and that's "God Is Real" (ironically I'm an atheist, LOL - I just enjoy the melodies).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.