Indiana - General Discussion | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Indiana - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vignesh, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Only The Lonely single release has been canceled. Solo Dancing is being re-released.

I can't with this fucking album campaign.

I need this album in my life though.

2. I don't get what is it that they're trying to achive. Solo Dancing doing okay-ish was a pop miracle. There is no point in trying again.

Island likes this.
  3. How is Solo Dancing gonna do better than #14? So they spunked a load of money on a video for a single that won't be released? Great!

4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The music industry does it again!

I.e. messes up. So aggravating.

5. Lately, it seems like UK music releases are messier than ever.

6. So bizarre. Only the Lonely definitely didn't sound like the song to save this album but re-releasing Solo Dancing just feels misguided and desperate.

7. Hope this doesn't stall the whole campaign like alunageorge shoving 'you know you like it' out again just before their album. As long as I actually get the album, I'll be happy.

8. Island

Island Staff Member

Just release the damn album, her label doesn't really expect her to be #1 or even top 10 do they? Some indie label will probably snatch her up later anyways.

9. They are expecting a bigger radio hit that will maybe push preorders. They obviously were minimal before.

10. Super frustrating...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  11. The album has gone back again to the 2nd February now. It's just not going to come out, is it?

12. Island

Island Staff Member

It will leak somehow probably. It's already been reviewed too.

13. I hope this album does get released.

They really should have released it this month as hardly anything is being released.

14. Yep I got the Amazon email saying it has been put back by at least a week. Not as bad as Laura Welsh though - email from Amazon on that one taking it from 22 Jan to end of March!

15. Island likes this.
  16. Nothing else I've heard from her quite matches up to the brilliance of 'Heart On Fire'.

17. Solo Dancing is A-list on Radio 1 as of Monday. I don't know who's doing her radio plugging but they're doing a damn good job. Should mean we'll actually get the album this time!

18. I think her label/plugger went to R1 and they said 'we can play Solo again' and that's how it happened. Same with LION BABE their next single is actually the first song from 2013, Treat Me Like Fire - I'm guessing because that's what radio said they'd play (I heard it on Disclosure's bedtime mix on Annie Mac way back).

19. Island

Island Staff Member

Will Indiana's #soon actually turn into soon! Hopefully this becomes the first new 2015 album I've listened to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.