Industry (HBO series) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Industry (HBO series)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by spaceship, Nov 11, 2020.

1. And can you now admit that Sarah Parrish (and every other actor in it) is perfectly cast?

One of my 2020 favourites (so it will definitely not get renewed!)

Harper is a sociopathic icon.

Andrew.L, crash9081 and spaceship like this.
  2. Andrew.L and kermit_the_frog like this.
  3. Whoops, no no I meant her character was utterly utterly awful, which she was supposed to be, Parish was as great as ever.

spaceship and kermit_the_frog like this.
  4. Okay so I finished this tonight and each of the main 4 characters are awful, terrible people but also so fundamentally damaged in their own way that it’s hard not to want things to get better for them?

And I’m still pissed they killed off the fittest one in the first episode, we deserved to see more of Nabhaan Rizwan.

stuaw and Andrew.L like this.
  5. Thanks @Andrew.L for the heads up about the thread!

Just gonna throw in my thoughts from the other thread here.

I'm on episode 5 now, I like how unglamorous it is... and Harper's ex is stunning. She's her own worst enemy in some of these situations, her early fuck up was so stressful to watch.

Andrew.L likes this.
  6. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I thought the evolution of Harper from someone we instantly root for to someone we... don't, was really smart writing.

Overall, it is a bit of a mess, but several months later I can still recall things and remember how I feel about most of the characters, so it definitely leaves an impact.

It'll be interesting to see where they take it going forward.

7. Yeahhhh just finished and surprisingly nothing Harper did felt random or out of character. But it was amazing that her choices were so short sighted and uninformed, like, all the time.

One big walking panic button. I don’t know how she’ll be able to sustain that mentality in the long run.

Good show ! 25k bonuses for graduates is so insane.... and that one guy blows it on a bike omgggg

Someboy and Andrew.L like this.
  8. I've fiendishly devoured this over the weekend after seeing this thread...

I LOVE "morally-challenged rich-people fantasies that air on HBO" so of course I'm obsessed with everything about this:
    - Everybody is stunning, extremely fit & well hung;
    - Everybody goes on 3 day benders of ketamine+acid+coke+ecsta to then function properly at their jobs while doing hard cardio at lunch hour (of course eating only salads in between);
    - Everybody has unprotected sex with clients, colleagues & strangers and that is a-OKAY!;
    - Everybody used the work bathroom more times to hook up or to use drugs than to poop.
    The casting is amazing, the plot lines are deliciously bonkers, and the dialogue is sharp.

At the end I've deeply detested all the characters but also felt for them - Harper specially, what a clueless broken-inside demon. Can't wait for season 2 to see them keep fucking it up!

kermit_the_frog and spaceship like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.