INFINITE + Sub-Units | The Popjustice Forum

INFINITE + Sub-Units

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by Menboong, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Menboong

Menboong Guest

[​IMG]

INFINITE is a seven member boy group under Woolim Entertainment. They debuted on June 10, 2010 with Come Back Again on Mnet’s M!Countdown.

Members
    SungKyu (Leader)
    DongWoo (Main Rapper)
    WooHyun (Main Vocal)
    Hoya ("Dance Machine")
    SungYeol (Vocal)
    L (Visual)
    SungJong (Maknae)

Korean Videography:
    Come Back Again
    She's Back
    BTD (Before The Dawn)
    Nothing's Over
    Be Mine
    Paradise
    White Confession (Lonely)
    The Chaser
    Man In Love
    Destiny
    Request

Sub-Unit & Solo Videography:
    Kim SungKyu - 60 Seconds
    INFINITE H - Special Girl (Feat. Bumkey)
    INFINITE H - Without You (Feat. Zion T.)
    WooHyun & Lucia - Cactus (Duet)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  2. Menboong

Menboong Guest

In light of their impending comeback, not having a thread in this forum yet and being generally flaw-free, I thought it would be a good time to start a topic on them (while they are still flaw-free, because those teasers don't have me hoping).

3. 3Xs

3Xs

GODFINITE.

One of the best boygroups, and certainly in the top 2 or 3 dancing groups. Something we'll hopefully see more of in the new comeback, that is if they aren't too busy holding kittens and shopping for sweaters at the Gap.

4. Menboong

Menboong Guest

So far, for me, everything about the teasers for their comeback screams a male version of "Tell Me, Tell Me". Which might not necessarily be a bad thing, but I would hope for so much more.

5. Menboong

Menboong Guest

The group teaser sounds a whole lot better than any of the solo teasers:

[video=youtube;1U3TGpUaV7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U3TGpUaV7k[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
  6. Menboong

Menboong Guest

*continues conversation with self*

I just listened to the mini and I have to say it is very disappointing. The title track was definitely a very pleasant surprise, but the rest of the EP is every bit as bad as the teasers had us thinking. If you've heard one, you've heard 'em all (except that intro, which is all kinds of weird). Even the group version of 60 Seconds, which I was really looking forward to, was a let-down.

The only thing that amazed me was wikipedia telling Hangul-impaired me that the fourth track is called "The Place Where Longing Feeling Touches / Still I Miss You".

7. The mini is pleasant enough, but bar the title track there's nothing amazing. They tend to be hit and miss with albums, with their debut mini standing head and shoulders above the rest.

What kinda 70's disco CLASSIC is that last track though!?!! Where the hell did that come from??? Why can't I stop playing it!?! What's going on!?!? Why is there a random laugh at the start??

8. Menboong

Menboong Guest

I like to imagine the laugh is Dongwoo.

9. New mini ia all about title track and last track which is amazing. Rest is "meh". Too light, bland and just lack of punch. And using remake of Sunggyu's solo as album track is very lazy.

10. 3Xs

3Xs

It is sort of ironic that the album is called New Challenge and yet there's really nothing new or challenging about any of the material. Having said that it is extremely cohesive, which is far more than can be said for many a K-Pop album. I like how it sticks to this sort of summery 80's vibe, even if we've heard it from them before and better.

Hopefully the next comeback is more daring (and some time later this year). It seems they go in cycles of "adventurous comeback" ---> "safe comeback", so maybe this is just one of the safer ones.

11. Menboong

Menboong Guest

Their comeback stage was also really good. They're just incredible dancers.

[video=youtube;wIF-37ruIlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wIF-37ruIlM[/video]

(Skip to 5:27 for Man In Love, the first performance has too much out of control fangirl screaming.)

12. Menboong

Menboong Guest

The styling for the next comeback is fantastic! They look incredible!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 3Xs

3Xs

Frankly their look is always slightly the same but thankfully that look is amazing and suits them well so I don't mind.

14. Menboong

Menboong Guest

The short hair on Sungjong and Sungyeol is doing wonders for them!

15. Their new look is more in line with The Chaser. I love the theme and concept of that era and wished it was the blueprint of their "look". Maybe it will stick.

16. 3Xs

3Xs

My prophecy.

17. They just had a comeback

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.