Inna - General Discussion | Page 38 | The Popjustice Forum

Inna - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Matt, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Just without the hooks.

LGStan93 likes this.
  2. XXX

XXX

Agreed. I also thought the same about 'Heartbreaker' but that had some bops to go with it and some songs that broke the mold just a tiny bit.

In other news, Wiki tells me 'Up' is smashing in certain countries and is also her 5th #1 in her home country.

LGStan93 likes this.
  3. The album is alright, but agreed that it does sound samey and dull. I feel like a lot of these tracks sound like Nirvana outtakes.

4. Its pretty clear the success of Flashbacks has influenced the sound of this album. She's trying to get another Flashbacks.

5. Another week, another new Inna song.

XXX likes this.
  6. Her best album!
    [​IMG]

XXX and Poker Pro like this.
  7. Hope this one’s a little more inspired.

8. I'm actually surprised it's coming so soon, I really thought later next year would be later in the year. Glad we're getting more music, but I have low expectations. The last DQH honestly sounded like it catered to fans from the Hot/IATCR eras who want that specific sound only. Those were great records at the time but I don't feel they've aged well. (Hot especially)

9. Nothing in her discography aged worse than Party Never Ends though.

10. Well... now that you mention it.

[​IMG]

Mr_Matt likes this.
  11. DQH1 did semi-grow on me. Nothing on it is bad, it's just not inspired. Execting the same from DQH2 but hoping for a little something more.

LGStan93 likes this.
    zephyr and LGStan93 like this.
  13. Lord, both artworks are just...there.

Mr_Matt likes this.
  14. I know we don't subscribe to Inna for any mind blowing artistic vision but these albums are really just her on autopilot huh.

DQH2 is more boppable at least.

15. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I've been trying to like DQH1 but it's just very... there. Giving this new one a spin now!

16. Just like the music.

17. DQH2 is a little better than DQH1 but there is a lack of passion behind the project for sure.

18. Legit crying over all the moody Spanish bops she recorded in 2020 for a follow up to YO only for her to release 2 albums worth of this identikit disposable fodder. I hate it.

Runawaywithme and LGStan93 like this.
  19. Whew, DQH 2… it definitely is an album with songs on it.

I liked 4 out of the 8 songs so it’s not terrible but definitely uninspired and can agree with the autopilot comments.

20. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I've added Oxygen to my 2022 playlist to see if it sticks...

Your Pretty Brains and LGStan93 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.