Insane crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm usually not fond of advice type threads but this forum to me has always seemed full of nice people who can offer perspective etc.

Have any of you had an insane crush on someone that kind of starts to eat away at your life? I know most people experience it and I have had many crushes in the past but this one really doesn't seem to be lifting easily!

I check the person in questions facebook page everytime I log onto it. I feel weird if I don't recieve a text from them for more than 2 days! It feels like their constantly on my mind! I know nothing will ever come of it. Never ever so why on earth I still feel like this is beyond me! Ugh. Its complete and utter mess! I feel like a crazy little school kid.

Have any of you experienced anything similar? Going through something similar at the moment? Got over something like this? Please share because I am at my wits end!

I've never had insane crushes where I constantly want to speak to the person and be with them but recently I've been having odd crushes making me go to lengths I've never gone before. The people I like have come to me so I've never been the chaser and I don't like it.

The first crush is someone I've known for a while throughout secondary school and Sixth Form but I've never really seen them like this since June time when it was time for this person to leave Sixth Form and move onto Uni. It's got to the point where I've stole his number from my friends phone, get quite envious when other people speak to him and constantly stay online on Facebook whenever he's online hoping he'll just say "Hey!" but never does.

The other is a person below me at Sixth Form. He studies P.E. and I have no idea what his name is. All the signs point towards him being gay however he doesn't really put much pride in his appearance and surely every gay has a high standard of personal presentation? Plus I once heard him on the phone and he said "I Love You" and I've hoped since then he was talking to his mum or something. Well whenever he's around I've been walking with more of a presence and so on. It's like I'm a peacock or something.

I hate feeling like this because I know it will never lead anywhere.

Nate said:
and surely every gay has a high standard of personal presentation?

LOLZ. You've never met me then.

I don't have a crush on anyone right now surprisingly enough, especially considering I've been really wanting to be in a relationship recently (I'M FEELING KIND OF LONELY U GUYZ). There are some cute guys at my school but 1. I'm just not into them like that, they're more like eye candy if anything, 2. Even if I did like them LIKE THAT, I doubt they would like me back, and 3. I can pretty much guarantee all the cute guys I have my eye on don't play on the "same team" as me. So basically, I'm forever alone. Shit.

S

slimane

Agreed. I'm "one of them" and I look like a tramp most of the time.

I am crap at crushes. I am reasonably confident when it comes to boys I have a passing interest in but when it's someone I actually like, I'm a goddamn mess!

I've had two "insane crushes" and believe me, those weren't the best times of my life.

Other than that crushes can be fun, and a nice distraction from real life, so to say. I had a little crush in my first year in college and it certainly made the daily lessons more enjoyable.

I don't have a crush right now, but I can see myself falling for one of the guys in my class. Unfortunately he's already taken.

I wouldn't say I've had any 'insane' crushes but I've had one really strong crush. Thinking about them constantly, doing silly things like going into school late on the off chance of catching them on the way in and so on.

WARNING: Throughout the course of this post I may use wildly hyperbolic addiction-like terminology, I'm not insane, promise!

I had a really bad crush on a girl in the year below me in college - a proper crush; butterflies and the good kind of nervousness when she was around, excited when I got a text from her, all that mortifying stuff!

When I realised that nothing was likely to happen I decided that I had to cool off a bit; make an effort to see her less(ESPECIALLY one on one), keep certain exchanges brief even when I'd happily be able to linger around and talk about nothing (!) and avoid indulging in "nothing much...what you doin?" texting sessions. Basically you don't want to go cold turkey because that's no fun, not to mention it would arouse suspicion, but you definitely need to reign it in. Wean yourself off them as it were!

Do any of your friends know about the insane crush? It's always helpful to have someone to talk to and keep you in check (a sponsor if you will...not insane, remember?). Throw yourself into another group of friends and focus your energy on them for a while, while keeping it casual with your crush. Hopefully over time your feelings will subside naturally but in the meantime, it helps to get a bit of distance and get used to not relying on them as an essential part of your daily/weekly routine. You need to turn them into 'just another friend'.  BE STRONG!

[/not insane]

I once had a really bad crush on I guy I worked with who was straight and had a girlfriend. We got on sooooo well and I genuinely thought there was a spark between us.

Unfortunately I decided after getting really drunk it would be a good idea to text him my feelings and get it out in the open......bad idea!

Don't get me wrong, he was really good about it but it just wasn't the same afterwards. Needless to say, we are not in touch!

I've always had a tendency to get a bit obsessive about crushes, I have to admit.

When I was in sixth form I went a bit crazy for my French teacher. I used to walk around the school in my free lessons just so I could walk past her room. I'd hang around in the corridor at lunchtime if she was on duty and walk up to where her room was every break time and lunchtime just because I knew I'd pass her coming the other way. If she wasn't in I used to just go home because I thought it was pointless being there if she wasn't. It didn't help that I had no friends in the last year and she was pretty much the only person who bothered to speak to me, that just made me worse! It wasn't all bad though- I worked really, really hard at my French because I wanted her to like me, and I did well in the exams. She was probably really pleased when I left school.

I've had an insane crush on Stephanie Beacham since the week before my 14th birthday (and a separate insane crush on one of her characters, which I won't even go into) so nearly seven years. It's just part of my life now- Being Obsessed With Stephanie Beacham is one of my main activities, in the same way as reading or watching X Factor.

It's not insane in the sense of stalking her or anything like that (I'm too lazy to stalk anybody, especially someone who lives in two different countries), just insane in the sense of being a bit obsessed with her, watching her scenes in Bad Girls on repeat if I have a few hours spare, reading certain books just because she said she liked them, that sort of thing.

IMHO said:
WARNING: Throughout the course of this post I may use wildly hyperbolic addiction-like terminology, I'm not insane, promise!

I had a really bad crush on a girl in the year below me in college - a proper crush; butterflies and the good kind of nervousness when she was around, excited when I got a text from her, all that mortifying stuff!

When I realised that nothing was likely to happen I decided that I had to cool off a bit; make an effort to see her less(ESPECIALLY one on one), keep certain exchanges brief even when I'd happily be able to linger around and talk about nothing (!) and avoid indulging in "nothing much...what you doin?" texting sessions. Basically you don't want to go cold turkey because that's no fun, not to mention it would arouse suspicion, but you definitely need to reign it in. Wean yourself off them as it were!

Do any of your friends know about the insane crush? It's always helpful to have someone to talk to and keep you in check (a sponsor if you will...not insane, remember?). Throw yourself into another group of friends and focus your energy on them for a while, while keeping it casual with your crush. Hopefully over time your feelings will subside naturally but in the meantime, it helps to get a bit of distance and get used to not relying on them as an essential part of your daily/weekly routine. You need to turn them into 'just another friend'. BE STRONG!

[/not insane]
It really does make you feel so stupid having a crush like this doesn't it! I mean I'm 20 years old for christ sake. I need to check myself before I wreck myself! Ha!

But that advice is the best I've had so far. I kinda knew deep down thats what needed to happen. I just need to distance myself and not be too into whatever the hell this is!

Only one of my friends know. She doesn't really help because she thinks me and the crush should have got together years ago. Even when I didn't feel like this.

Ugh. What a mess! But thanks a lot for the advice. Its just what I needed to hear!

[/really not insane!]

Sally_Harper said:
I've always had a tendency to get a bit obsessive about crushes, I have to admit.

When I was in sixth form I went a bit crazy for my French teacher. I used to walk around the school in my free lessons just so I could walk past her room. I'd hang around in the corridor at lunchtime if she was on duty and walk up to where her room was every break time and lunchtime just because I knew I'd pass her coming the other way. If she wasn't in I used to just go home because I thought it was pointless being there if she wasn't. It didn't help that I had no friends in the last year and she was pretty much the only person who bothered to speak to me, that just made me worse! It wasn't all bad though- I worked really, really hard at my French because I wanted her to like me, and I did well in the exams. She was probably really pleased when I left school.

I've had an insane crush on Stephanie Beacham since the week before my 14th birthday (and a separate insane crush on one of her characters, which I won't even go into) so nearly seven years. It's just part of my life now- Being Obsessed With Stephanie Beacham is one of my main activities, in the same way as reading or watching X Factor.

It's not insane in the sense of stalking her or anything like that (I'm too lazy to stalk anybody, especially someone who lives in two different countries), just insane in the sense of being a bit obsessed with her, watching her scenes in Bad Girls on repeat if I have a few hours spare, reading certain books just because she said she liked them, that sort of thing.
Stephanie is a GOD though!

And I was being really dramatic with the use of insane. I am not stalking this poor person! A bit obsessive would describe it best.

T

The Poop Master

I have a crush on my straight friend, but he moved away. For a while it felt like I didn't want to do anything unless he was there.

I try my best to not get a crush on someone, cause I TAKE IT OVERBOARD..like I become a borderline stalker. I've done some pretty crazy things when I have had crushes...once this guy had this cat he loved soooo much, he would always let it roam outside around his house when he was at work....so I was planning on stealing it so i could find it and return it too him and then he could be eternally grateful and fall in love with me. My best friend stopped me...it was the PERFECT plan, it would have been like my own J.Lo movie haha!!

But I do have a huge crush on a guy right now, it's not insane..yet. Although I did come pretty close to buying that background check on him last night, wouldn't be the first time I have done that haha!!

Usually, not seeing them for a long time always helps..or discovering a flaw about them that you don't like can also help get you over them quick.

duffy said:
Real-life Blair pt. II.

Please, more like Georgina with the ways I work haha.

clockworknovak said:
No doubt!

I've never been as "crazy" as some you guys, but when I crush on someone, I crush hard. It make my heart hurt.

I just have so much love to give, y'all.

Quite adorable....

But I agree, I just have so much love to give...so I channel all that love into crazy activities that will most likely get me thrown in jail one day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.