Insane crushes

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hitori

How ironic. It seems like my former insane crush is now working in a TV show, and the first show he's in was a Valentine's Day special on love. He was promoting it on his Facebook. Good luck to him and his job, but it's just one one those 'WTF' moments considering what he did to me.

So I was talking to a guy on the phone last night and it was all going okay until he asked what kind of music I liked... I said pop, and he said he likes pop too... but that he also likes "you know, just a guy and his guitar. Alternative stuff..." I nearly screamed and hung up the phone!!

So I was talking to a guy on the phone last night and it was all going okay until he asked what kind of music I liked... I said pop, and he said he likes pop too... but that he also likes "you know, just a guy and his guitar. Alternative stuff..." I nearly screamed and hung up the phone!!

Out of all of PJs messy hussies, you're my fave.

If I want to talk to someone about pop, I have friends and you guys. My significant other can be into hardcore thrash metal for all I care, as long as he has other people to enjoy it with and doesn't expect me to come along to any gigs.

I don't have friends. And him screeching to Ray of Light with me would only bring us closer! He better at least like Madonna.

H

Hitori

As long as he doesn't mind you singing Madonna in the shower, then there shouldn't be a problem. I think it's better than anyone who doesn't show any interest in music at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does really depend on how much music means to you. I don't think I could ever be with someone who had no interest in music coz there will be 0 connection - when I'm talking to someone, I usually mention music as that's how I can bond with them easiest. If Karma feels the same way about pop music then I don't see the issue.

Calling "a guy and his guitar" alternative is what's the issue there.

Indeed. A lot of artists described as 'alternative' are really safe and never really push the boat out past their influences, so we have all those bands trying to be The Beatles and Oasis and getting kudos for it. It's safe as any bubblegum pop music but held in much higher regard. Like this Jake Bugg thing, he's so derivative and dull, yet hyped to the heavens by the music industry big wigs. How is that 'alternative'? It's just soft-rock recycled... Again.

H

Hitori

It's so frustrating if somebody doesn't even have a favorite song. My former insane crush was exactly like that. He did not have a favorite song, even something he likes a little, and did not show any interest in music. I was like, "Who the fudge doesn't even have a song he likes even the slightest?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't expect a future boyfriend to share all of my same interests, because that'd be boring. But I'm a huge nerd about things and he needs to share the same level of passion for something. It's not going to work out for long if I'm ranting about This Kiss only reaching 87 and he's just whatever about everything.

And if he does happen to be a big fan of genres/artists that I don't care for, and he happens to want me to come along to their concerts, then he'll definitely have to agree to going to the same amount for me. Expect there to be an official chart and everything.

I just don't see how something not being as into music as you means there'd automatically be zero connection? Do you only have one single facet to your personality? I have wide and varied interests, so I've usually always got something in common with most people. You can still have a connection to someone without them being as passionate about the same thing you are, as long as you have some common ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.