Insatiable - New Netflix Series | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Insatiable - New Netflix Series

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Blayke, Aug 10, 2018.

1. I'm enjoying it but it really is trash. I'm not getting the fat shaming, but they're playing a very fine line with the age of consent which i'm surprised more people aren't talking about

2. I ended up really enjoying this. The first few episodes were a bit all over the place but it got much better as it went on. Glad it got renewed.

3. I want to live inside this show, it’s quite possibly my favourite thing ever.

4. It's so weird. There's some great humour in the writing, but the performances let it down. I am only half way through but I am still.... weirdly attracted to Bob.

Loving Nonnie's development. She gives me LD from Degrassi Jnr High teas.

unnameable likes this.
  5. kal

kal

Season 2 is on Netflix. I’ve only watched the first episode so far.

6. They made a second season of this shitshow?!

lushLuck likes this.
  7. *claps hands with glee* avast cap'n! Time for me to sail the high seas and pirate this!

8. Exactly! That scene when Stella Rose threatens Patty to "put her face in the fryer"...
    [​IMG]

Season 1 was great! I've just finished the season 2 and it was fine. Hoping for a third season.

9. The second season was just as much of a mess as the first.......but 1000% less enjoyable of a watch. What very little camp, kitsch, "left-of-PC humor" appeal this show used to have, seems to be completely gone. Pull the plug Netflix.

10. I’m quite enjoying this in a have-on-in-the-background kind of way.

Also I’m in love with Brick.

sometimesxtc likes this.
  11. Pfft, this is so fucking bubblegum and incredible. I really cannot believe how much more people are watching this.

12. I do have to commend the plot twist at the end, how many shows would just actually ‘go there’ and commit rather than skitter around the edges...

Iam here for pageant girl serial killer Patty

Bslg17, Maria and Txetxu like this.
  13. Oh my God I'm trash and I know it. Started watching series 2 and wasn't blown away by episode 1. But I'm working from home today and need something on in background. Cut to 25 minutes into episode 2 and Micheal Provost in the blue Nike vest. He's disgustingly perfect. There is not ONE thing wrong with his looks. Bloody hell.

And actually this episode is also quite good, but I think my point of view has been tainted.

14. Season 2 started off a bit slow again but I really enjoyed it after the first couple of episodes. Patty realisation is an absolute mess but I'm here for it.

15. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I binge watched both seasons and found it was quite good fun, it tackles eating disorders in a way that feels more in touch with reality (despite its setting) and was quite heartfelt in places. I don't remember really laughing out loud more than a couple of times but it's good fun. Can't imagine it'll get renewed for a third season though.

unnameable and Maria like this.
  16. Is it bad that most media depictions of overeating are so poor that this show, in all its messed-up glory, is actually one of the most realistic when it comes to this issue?

Maria and Solenciennes like this.
  17. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I think it works because they don't treat it like a two-episode problem that Patty overcomes, it's a recurring relapse and takes on several forms; the jarring fat suit flashbacks seemed like they were going to be a throwaway scene setting aspect when I started watching so I think that's why it feels like more of a success than other TV shows that tackle eating disorders. They put the emotional mileage in!

Bslg17 and sometimesxtc like this.
  18. Cancelled. No season 3

19. [​IMG]

Mess. I loved season 2.

20. I’m not surprised there isn’t a season 3, but it’s still a shame. I know the show was terrible, but it was mightily enjoyable all the same.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.