Insecure (from Issa Rae) | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

Insecure (from Issa Rae)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Leopold, Sep 27, 2016.

1. That last scene and song, oh my god.

He and lushLuck like this.
  2. I actually can't stop thinking about it. I think I watched that moment like 10 times.
    Case of the Ex will forever be associated with a crying with laughter emoji from now on.

3. This show... All love.

lushLuck and He like this.
  4. I concur that this was one of the best Thanksgiving themed episodes of television period.

So many memorable quotes. This show is one of a kind and continues to deliver. A much better improvement over season 3. They're on a role with this season.

The friction between Issa and Molly has been a long time coming although it saddens me. But I can't wait to see how their blow up ensues, claws and all because you can cut this passive aggressive tension with a knife.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. Most real friendships go through stuff like this, it's okay.

I loved we got to see Isaa and her brother just enjoying time unplanned.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. It warms my heart to see Issa securing bag after bag. Straight A's, perfect attendance indeed.

K94, dvno, Holly Something and 4 others like this.
  7. I want this on Netflix too so more people can see it (and I can binge rewatch).

Leopold likes this.
  8. The message Issa drafted to Beyonce dfgknfjglsfg

9. Molly is so EVOLVED. I am stanning! Yas kick Issa to the curb!

10. I've been waiting a few episodes to see if it ended up sucking again, nn, but I will resume if it has returned to form like it sounds it has.

11. It's been amazing this whole season. Very consistent.

This episode was terrific for Molly. I think she's finally taking in her own value seriously after Dro and protecting herself against any outside harm. It's beautiful to see!

Bangers&Bops, Vasilios, He and 2 others like this.
  12. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Literally Molly this season:
    [​IMG]

13. I will say, I appreciate the growth of both these characters. Issa’s hasn’t been as drastic, but just the initiative she has for this event is worlds away from Season 1 Issa. I just wish they weren’t also growing apart, but that’s true in life isn’t it? I don’t think there’s anyone who hasn’t lost close friends in life because you happen to be growing at different rates, or in different directions.

14. I've been through this conundrum between Issa and Molly so many times in my life... this season is really driving the point home with me. The worst part is that in my experience this ends with a very strained or nonexistent friendship - hope they will be able to sort it out. Eurgh, I care about these characters SO. MUCH.

And also they keep delivering on the comedy as well - I snorted with Issa's failed phone calls and Kelly (rightfully) obsessing over human milk.

Dangerous Maknae, K94, He and 2 others like this.
  15. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I still wish there was a bit more focus on Tiffany and Kelli's friendship as well, especially with Tiffany's baby in the mix, but it seems like nitpicking when this season is maybe the best the show has ever been. Also what's going on with Condola?! I'm perched.

As for this episode’s Quotable Moment™:

"Does Molly seem off to you?"
    “Okay... you fucked Andrew.”
    “Not even close.”
    “I’m in the ballpark.”
    “You’re not even in the game.”
    “Then why I got a ticket?”
    “You scalped it.”

16. I'd also like more focus on Kelli, but I don't think they'll ever expand her role. Every time we get a glimpse into her real life it's just for a fleeting moment. Issa and the other writers seem comfortable keeping her character in the realm of comic relief.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Dangerous Maknae and lushLuck like this.
  17. It still drives me insane we get more time with Lawrence and his friends than Tiffany & Kelli, bur I’ve learned to just accept that.

18. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Isn’t Natasha Rothwell a writer on the show? I don’t think the show was ever designed to follow a group of four core characters, it’s always been mainly Issa, Molly, and Lawrence.

lushLuck and Sick Sad World like this.
  19. Kelli is one of the best parts of the show, so it would be nice if we at least got one episode dedicated to her in some form.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.