Insecure (from Issa Rae) | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

Insecure (from Issa Rae)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Leopold, Sep 27, 2016.

1. *lifts leg uppp*

He, lushLuck and Mr.Arroz like this.
  2. I missed this show so much. I'm honestly heartbroken it's ending.

Kelli was on fire this ep.

HorseTears and lushLuck like this.
  3. UCLA makes more sense in a variety of ways, but maybe I'm just pressed as a Berkeley alum.

HorseTears, Someboy and lushLuck like this.
  4. Its simply because in the last year since Season 4 wrapped Amanda has become an extremely divisive person on social media.

Both Tiffany and Molly have been AKA’s since Season 1. Molly literally drinks her coffee out of an AKA cup every season. Twitter is weird sometimes.

5. So it took me FOUR years to watch Season Two of Insecure. I watched Season One via alternative means and only just got NowTV and I’m playing catch up. I’m on the middle of Season 3 now and I forgot how much this show makes me laugh out loud. Such great writing and storytelling. Also, the soundtrack slaps so hard.

lushLuck likes this.
  6. In a mere matter of days, I’m now fully caught up and have just watched Season 5, Episode 2. Gahhh I adore this show with every fibre of my being!!! I will be devastated when it wraps up.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Lawrence really comes off like an asshole ddddddd

Issa did right by running up them scissors and letting him run loose.

8. Keke bringing the sass as she does. She really needs a leading show of her own.

Kelli looking flawless channeling Janelle Monáe's Tightrope look. "No, no, no. That is Pepper Pig with a hard R."

9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The clowning dd!

10. The sole intent of this episode was to make us hate Lawrence, right? I'm not sure what else I was supposed to take from that...

theelusivechanteuse and lushLuck like this.
  11. I think while it leans more towards Lawrence hate, Condola doesn’t come off great but it feels justified. With Lawrence, its that he can’t
    see past how he views himself (as a good guy, putting in effort etc) and there’s a disconnect to the reality of what’s actually happening. Lawrence sees himself as a good guy… he’s just a guy.

Aside from Keke and Kelly - my favourite part of the ep was Derek pulling him
    aside and trying to talk some sense.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    He, Mr.Arroz and lushLuck like this.
  12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I knew my irrational hatred of Lawrence would make sense eventually!

HorseTears, lushLuck and Rei Ayanami like this.
  13. As much as I'll always love this show and cast, I'm actually glad this is ending. It seems like they don't know what to do with it for a while.

14. Lawrence wanted credit for doing the bare minimum. A lot of men are like that, though.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    colouroffensive, He, Mr.Arroz and 2 others like this.
  15. Ashy Larry strikes again!

His dad tho
    woof.

16. No.

lushLuck likes this.
  17. Rahhh Lawrence was so jarring in this week’s episode. Neither him or Condola was likeable characters for me, but my god Lawrence wanted everything for doing so very little. Showing up and just being there - AS YOU SHOULD BE AS A PARENT - doesn’t warrant boundless praise. You’re doing so little as it is!!

Sorry, this week’s episode hit a nerve with me! But Kelly’s speech about everyone in her world doing great made me laugh.

18. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

He likes this.
  19. Have I said I'm obsessed with Molly's hairdo? I'm obsessed with Molly's hairdo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.