Insecure (from Issa Rae) | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Insecure (from Issa Rae)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Leopold, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

ijkoesrghljkbeflndwj;qWAKEFSJKBR

[​IMG]

I am screaming 2 min in.

2. The opening scene killed me.

3. Both daydreams had me flat out dead. Funniest shit I've seen on this show and that's saying something!

Why are we wasting our time on Nathan? He has the personality of a dishrag and has no chemistry with Issa. They have more of a friend vibe.

Bring back Daniel please, before she inevitably gets back together with Lawrence for good.

Natasha did an excellent job directing this episode. Kudos, versatile Queen.

4. Molly had chemistry with her firm partner but honestly I'd love her endgame to be with that season 1 guy she ditched because he had a blowjob from a man. He was the best man she had on the show.

tastic, CaliDevotion and lushLuck like this.
  5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I. can't. stop. watching.

6. Loved this week’s episode - the daydream scenes were comedy GOLD!

I agree I’m kinda exhausted by the Nathan stuff. Just allow him!!

lushLuck likes this.
  7. The second daydream may have been better.

“that long stroke you love? ITS LONGER”

I was on the floor crying.

HorseTears, lushLuck, Floppie and 3 others like this.
  8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Not sure if I've posted this before, but this webseries (like Awkward Black Girl, which lead to Insecure) was also picked up by HBO. Pretty sure it's in development hell, but it's a very good watch about queer women of color:

the theme song:

Vasilios likes this.
  9. Now that was a perfect Insecure episode.

10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I truly love Amanda Seales.

tastic, He, Rei Ayanami and 1 other person like this.
  11. Any time we get to see that winning ensemble at play is a sure fire win. I’m truly going to miss them.

12. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

13. I think it was smart to leave Covid out of the narrative. It's already dominated so much of our lives.

RainOnFire, HorseTears and Mr.Arroz like this.
  14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I think it's going to be great in retrospect! You can see how much it impacted the series during the BTS clips they post on social media and in the wine-down's, but it's been nice to feel almost disconnected from everything that's been super traumatic about the last two years.

Rei Ayanami likes this.
  15. The parts with the 4 ladies were great, but this was me whenever they switched back to Lawrence:
    [​IMG]

16. Lawrence and Condola are such a snooze.

We don’t care! We want more Kelli one liners!

17. Tea ddd I thought we were getting a bottle episode with the girls only.

tastic, lushLuck and LPMA like this.
  18. Oh I screamed when they started singing along lit to ‘Last Night’. A bop!

Always gold when they get that core four together

lushLuck and Mike like this.
  19. Yes! I'd forgotten how much I love that song.

Maybe it's because I'm stuck in quarantine at the moment, but I agree with the decision to ignore COVID in the show. Yvonne is right, we do need escapism and not every show has to address it.

lushLuck likes this.
  20. I also feel like anything involving COVID storylines will age terribly. If we ever fully get out of this, I can’t see anyone not being completely turned off by a whole season of a show dealing with the subject matter.

tastic, Jamie, lushLuck and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.