Insecure (from Issa Rae) | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

Insecure (from Issa Rae)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Leopold, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Fantastic episode this week.

theelusivechanteuse and lushLuck like this.
  2. lushLuck likes this.
  3. This episode was an absolute mindfuck, and I loved every minute of it.

"I'm gonna write a show about him, just so I can kill him off."

Kelli, how I love thee.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Rei Ayanami, Lately and aboutyounow like this.
  4. I wish Molly had a better arc for her final season than needing her parents to update their will.

5. Yeah, I'm very disappointed in her so called character resolution. She needs to get back together either with Jared (who she absolutely judged with total ignorance and was harsh too, just because he got a bro-job once) or choose Asian bae as her true love. They were so good together. But how things are evolving, it's obvious she's ending up with Taurean. Who didn't see that coming from a mile away. Yawn.

Her current storyline is a non-event and we have 2 episodes left!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
    Lately and HorseTears like this.
  6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This show is just so beautiful. The colours, the aesthetics, the fashion... it's all so comforting almost? Like I instantly feel peaceful when an episode starts.

But I wish this season was a bit better nn Nathan and Lawrence are so useless

7. At least Nathan was clothesless this week so not everything was lost!

RainOnFire likes this.
  8. I’m so glad I stopped here on the way to that bridge.

9. This season has been so disappointing, but I'm still going to miss this series like a mf.

I just wish the storylines were up to par with this being the final season, instead this might be the weakest of the 5?

10. Season 1 and 2 are GOLD. Recently watched them again, and they were at the peak of their game. Once I started season 3 and Nathan came in the picture... well, you know.

CaliDevotion likes this.
  11. I still can't find any faults with Seasons 1-4, but this has just been all over the place for me. I actually find Molly's stuff to be the most compelling aspect of the season; seeing her deal with the family drama and finally reach a healthy place of self-awareness and a good start to a relationship reveals fantastic growth, and shows a side to her character/and life at this age in a way that hasn't been done. Everything about Issa just feels painfully cyclical at this point, and I honestly feel like logistics about her career are still too vague for me to properly be invested.

That said, as @RainOnFire posted, it's still such a warm, comforting half hour of television. It remains the most aesthetically-pleasing show currently on the air, and I don't think any program has ever made Los Angeles look this good. Also, not addressing COVID at all has made this the most delightful weekly slice of escapism. So even when it is at its worst, it is still completely enjoyable.

12. Yeah, that’s the thing. No other series has portrayed Los Angeles this well, and just captured what it’s like being a millennial and actually look and sound realistic.

Will miss having this on TV so much, maybe it’s a good thing I’m not loving this season so it doesn’t hurt as much when it’s gone.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The biggest joy is seeing a full cast of Black people on TV after so long, and for it to relish in showing the full gamut of our experiences. Not just this "hustle hustle hustle" mentality a lot of us get from childhood, but showing the real scope of shit that we truly experience. I'm going to miss it so much.

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Well, this episode had it.

Also the last five [email protected]!??!!??!??!?~?! I have never anticipated a finale more than this. My emotional ass is gonna cry, which is even more true after seeing the preview for it.

lushLuck, Lately and tastic like this.
  15. Fantastic episode and the preview for next week looks like we are going to get a bunch of flash forwards.

I was skeptical about Molly and Taurean but sometimes what’s good for you is right in front of your face. I love that he was able to calm her anxiety about them going further.

I knew the blowup was gonna happen and I was still shaken when they broke it up.

Issa is gonna go back to Lawrence isn’t she?

lushLuck, Mr.Arroz and tastic like this.
  16. This was a pretty great penultimate episode. I'm just nervous for the series finale tbh. I know Issa did a last minute re-write on the ending. Having said people will have a polarizing reaction, so I'm kinda concerned. Is it going the way it looks like it's going in that final scene or...

Tiffany's dress was a LEWK, and I love her setting up Ahmal with that fine brotha.

The best moments will always be with these 4 black Queens just enjoying each other's company. Which is why I'm still bummed we were THIS close to a bottle episode. But no, Lawrence and his nice but stupid ass had to ruin it.

Molly was cracking me up. Even at the beginning, "Y'all not gonna hug this man?!"

Mkay, Condola. Yes, like Kelli said, you got an invite, but just how the girls responded after. That was weird.

Dro has no business here. Of all Molly's ex lovers to show up, we get him?

Now where the hell are Jared or Asian bae? Molly's only compatible love interests. Shown to us anyway.

Taurean is just full of surprises isn't he. Still waters run deep with that one. First those surprise edibles and soon after the comment about Adderall. Be sure to tell Molly that particular anecdote because she couldn't believe what was coming out of this man's mouth.

The song they used during their sex scene. Yup, listening to it on Spotify first thing in the morning, those lyrics... Lord.

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

18. Tonight's episode was perfect, I didn't want it to end. I'm not sure who I want Issa to end up with. Lawrence wouldn't feel earned since they basically didn't interact at all this season and I hate a good old "guy comes back for the series finale and gets the girl" but Nathan also doesn't scream ~the one~. I can see them going with Issa being on her own too.
    The girls going "heyyyyyyy" as Condola walked in was hilarious. I'll miss them!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    lushLuck likes this.
  19. I really loved tonight’s episode, but it also feels like it should have been the 3rd or 4th of the season. Things finally got going tonight, and I can’t explain how devastated I am that there’s now only one episode left.

theelusivechanteuse and Lately like this.
  20. This latest was by far the best episode of the series and it’s set up the finale episode really nicely . I have a feeling Issa will end up with neither and choose herself at least that’s what I hope happens . Molly’s growth this season has been great to watch also !

HorseTears and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.