Inside No. 9 | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Inside No. 9

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Inland Empire, Feb 4, 2020.

1. I hated that. It was brilliant.

I'll need a couple of rewatches to fully digest but it felt like, at once, a drag at british nationalism and the general anti- hysteria of political culture currently.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    mi|kshake, Doodvid and Inland Empire like this.
  2. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

I think I liked the episode much more for what it was trying to represent than the way it was actually executed. I love the concept, but just felt too much like a retread of their "horrible people have a disastrous party" episodes (particularly Empty Orchestra) for me to be especially invested until that twist. Maybe I'd enjoy it better on a second watch.

I have to say though, this series has probably been their most allegorical, irreverent and outright insane one yet. I have to admire them for staunchly giving their fanbase the chaos and drama we crave even when it's the exact opposite of what the BBC wants to broadcast right now.

3. Sarah Parish is gaining a niche in playing absolute horrors over the past couple of years.
    Loved it.

4Roses and Stradiwhovius like this.
  4. I thought this series really upped its game with the final two episodes. I think they can do a lot with telling powerful stories in 30 minutes rather than always relying on a shock twist at the end.

5. This season has been a bit of a disappointment if I’m honest. I miss episodes like 12 Days of Christine and the live episode (can’t remember the title but it scared the shit out of me).

6. I actually think this season has been really strong. I don't think there was one I didn't really like. There are always the ones you're more drawn to of course but overall it's been strong. I do think that both the live episode and the 12 Days of Christine are two bits of incredibly unique and stunning television that it's a hard bar to try and get to.

7. What do you mean 'past couple'?

[​IMG]

8. Inconique

idratherjack likes this.
  9. I really enjoyed the last episode - bonkers and terrifyingly realistic!

Andrew likes this.
  10. I'm rewatching Series 1, I'd forgotten Tom and Gerri existed, so dark. And of course A Quiet Night In is a masterpiece.
    Last Gasp for me this morning.

11. I really wish they could get Tom Baker to appear in one.

12. Season 6 was consistently good (perhaps more so than any other season) but none of the episodes reached the heights of the best from previous seasons. There's usually at least one big standout episode per series and this one didn't really have one.

Andrew likes this.
  13. Inland Empire

Looks like some properly creepy ones in this series. Can't wait!

andru, JXCK94, moorje and 4 others like this.
  14. How is it that time of year already

15. Yes!! I genuinely wasn't expecting it back this soon!

16. I had forgotten Julia Davis appeared very memeorably in The Understudy

mi|kshake likes this.
  17. Inland Empire

While I did think that was little too similar to Last Night of the Proms, I really enjoyed it. Visually it's got to be one of the best of the series so far - it looked and felt absolutely spectacular, especially that ending scene which is another for the pile of IN9 scenes I'll never forget.

idratherjack and mi|kshake like this.
  18. Question: The hooded man, was he like an omen of death when he was spotted throughout the episode?

19. Great first ep! Loved the dog daughters line!

idratherjack likes this.
  20. Really enjoyed that. Diane Morgan is always good value.

Do we have to put things in spoilers after the episode has aired? I took that figure to be the Grim Reaper.

Robbietoxic and Andrew like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.