Inside No. 9

Inland Empire

Staff member
he/she/they
I think I liked the episode much more for what it was trying to represent than the way it was actually executed. I love the concept, but just felt too much like a retread of their "horrible people have a disastrous party" episodes (particularly Empty Orchestra) for me to be especially invested until that twist. Maybe I'd enjoy it better on a second watch.

I have to say though, this series has probably been their most allegorical, irreverent and outright insane one yet. I have to admire them for staunchly giving their fanbase the chaos and drama we crave even when it's the exact opposite of what the BBC wants to broadcast right now.

This season has been a bit of a disappointment if I’m honest. I miss episodes like 12 Days of Christine and the live episode (can’t remember the title but it scared the shit out of me).

This season has been a bit of a disappointment if I’m honest. I miss episodes like 12 Days of Christine and the live episode (can’t remember the title but it scared the shit out of me).

I actually think this season has been really strong. I don't think there was one I didn't really like. There are always the ones you're more drawn to of course but overall it's been strong. I do think that both the live episode and the 12 Days of Christine are two bits of incredibly unique and stunning television that it's a hard bar to try and get to.

Sarah Parish is gaining a niche in playing absolute horrors over the past couple of years.
Loved it.

What do you mean 'past couple'?

xmas2006a.jpg

He/They
I'm rewatching Series 1, I'd forgotten Tom and Gerri existed, so dark. And of course A Quiet Night In is a masterpiece.
Last Gasp for me this morning.

Season 6 was consistently good (perhaps more so than any other season) but none of the episodes reached the heights of the best from previous seasons. There's usually at least one big standout episode per series and this one didn't really have one.

Inland Empire

Staff member
he/she/they
While I did think that was little too similar to Last Night of the Proms, I really enjoyed it. Visually it's got to be one of the best of the series so far - it looked and felt absolutely spectacular, especially that ending scene which is another for the pile of IN9 scenes I'll never forget.