Inside No. 9 | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Inside No. 9

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Inland Empire, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Someone was watching Brian DePalma's Obsession before editing Kid/Nap. Enjoyable.

Last edited: May 24, 2022
  2. Another great episode this week. I cried! Slow start to this series but the quality has picked up over the last couple again.

Andrew likes this.
  3. Last week's was absolutely superb.
    A lot of emotion this seaosn

4. Very intrigued by the sound of tonight's episode.

5. I have two theories for tonight (which aren't entirely mutually exclusive):
    1. The Wise Owl PIFs traumatised Reece's character to the point he has lived a very stunted life and is almost trapped in his childhood (from the trailer the 70s aesthetic, and taxidermy as a metaphor, would both support this IMO).
    2. The Wise Owl is actually a manifestation of another trauma, maybe something that happens in the PIF, and is a warped and overactive critical voice in Reece's head.
    In any case I think this is possibly the most hyped I've ever been for an episode?

mi|kshake likes this.
  6. Like Vanessa Williams, they saved the best for last with this one. Genuinely creepy in places and ultimately really sad, this will go down as one of the all time great Inside No 9s.

7. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Yeah, I’m so glad this somewhat rocky series has been bookended by two fantastic episodes. I didn’t mention it here but I really didn’t like A Random Act of Kindness, so I needed this one to restore my faith in the show - and it did in the most painful way possible.

Also

8. Great episode last night! I love how they incorporated the animation.

My ranking this series is:

Wise Owl
    Merrily Merrily
    Kid/Nap
    Mr King
    A Random Act of Kindness
    Nine Lives Kat

(with a big gap between the last two eps!)

Inland Empire and idratherjack like this.
  9. Brilliant and terribly sad episode. I’ve really enjoyed this series from Nine Lives Kat onwards.

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Kid/Nap and Nine Lives Kat have been the top 2 easily this series.

mi|kshake likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.