Instagram | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Instagram

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KamikazeHeart, Nov 9, 2012.

1. I forget IG exists half the time, TikTok really dragged them out to the trash. I wonder what Zuck's next move will be.

2. People Saving your posts with the little checkmark or sharing your posts (particularly to their story) helps. And posting a variety of things - not just normal posts, but also IGTVs and Reels also helps.

Verandi likes this.
  3. I will never

4. I deleted Instagram in January because New Year New Me and I can’t believe how easy I am finding it? I don’t miss it at all and not seeing shirtless gays every blinking second of the day has been tremendous for my mental health. I know I could’ve just unfollowed them (and I did) but the algorithm always found a way to sneak them into my discovery page or recommendations.

The only downside is the fact that I am now reading the news a lot more and that’s equally as soul draining with all the doom and gloom.

bakerboy92 likes this.
  5. I haven't liked any thirst pics in 2-3 months (who has the urge duing winter!) and now my discovery page is just cats, monkeys and drag queens plus clothes and sneakers.

V3RYP05H, Pat, Sam and 18 others like this.
  6. Your willpower is stronger than mine was.

Vasilios likes this.
  7. I just follow nature and animal accounts, so I've never had to see most of the crap on Instagram.

8. I think if you used them for all time it doesn't matter but if you just started with them, it helps (I do so with my vinysta)

Verandi likes this.
  9. And yet I see no likes from you on my posts hmm?

Sam likes this.
  10. I like them on Facebook hehe

4Roses and Holly Something like this.
  11. I deleted Twitter and Facebook last year (honestly, it’s been BLISS!!!) and I’m considering getting rid of Instagram now too. I hardly post on my main grid and whenever I go on it it’s just tiktok videos being reposted or memes. Gah, is this what growing up is like?!

lushLuck and tyrabnks like this.
  12. No, it's what living indoors is like.

Jamie, lushLuck, londonrain and 6 others like this.
  13. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Honestly deleting the Instagram app and just using the browser version has made all the difference for me. No invasive ads, only seeing posts from people I follow, no notifications at all times of day....it's bliss.

Laurence, Jamie, AlmostFamous and 9 others like this.
  14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I deleted all my apps back in December and it's been so...cool. I find myself out and about and more active away from my devices, besides my iMac check-in's here during the day. Less bothersome overall.

He, lushLuck, Island and 4 others like this.
  15. Island

Island Staff Member

Ddd I have an IRL friend and we only communicate through Insta DMs.

Laurence, discoteca, Alenko and 8 others like this.
  16. My favourite acc by far:

“Oh her... hunni no”

17. straight people: hey let's bone

gays:

Screenshot 2021-04-04 at 11.37.14 PM.png

Laurence, Verandi, Sam and 2 others like this.
  18. I was wondering if anyone else has been having issues with the "Switch to the App" links when viewing instagram on other applications or Safari; I have an iPhone and those links haven't been working for months now (clicking on them just takes me to Instagram's App Store page), but I can't seem to find anything about it being an issue for others, or how to fix it.

Vasilios likes this.
  19. Yeah this happens all the time.

chriscrk likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.