ionnalee - “la la love” + CLOSE YOUR EYES / BLUND (Jun 14)

So lost on the GENERATORS option and what we get? Is it the album or just a single? Happy to preorder the album but don’t need two copies.
those who GENERATED towards ionnalee's new project will receive the following without any additional purchase:

€50-100 – signed SP, signed photo
€300-500 – above rewards + signed original watercolour
€500+ – above rewards + surprise gift

I think melodically and lyrically this is one of her strongest songs possibly ever? The way it’s been crafted takes me right back to the days of BLUE and I’m not just saying that because it’s been described as a sequel, there’s something about the songs crafting and delivery that just has that magical sincerity to it.

I’m so, so happy and back in ultimate fan mode.

he/him
I think melodically and lyrically this is one of her strongest songs possibly ever? The way it’s been crafted takes me right back to the days of BLUE and I’m not just saying that because it’s been described as a sequel, there’s something about the songs crafting and delivery that just has that magical sincerity to it.

I’m so, so happy and back in ultimate fan mode.
I'm here as well, completely blown away with it, every listen is better than the last! I would say the next 3 months would be torture but fingers crossed she regularly drops singles whilst we wait.

I'm here as well, completely blown away with it, every listen is better than the last! I would say the next 3 months would be torture but fingers crossed she regularly drops singles whilst we wait.
Because of GENERATE she basically has to release at least 2 new singles (and videos) before the album drops. And another video on release date, so probably monthly releases. There’s a little hope (y) that she expands the project by even more videos.

I find this increasingly odd over time. When EABF came out, she said things about being in more direct conversation, being a little clearer with what she wanted to say, etc. But since then, a lot of the work under the ionnalee name has been reworkings of earlier iam material/demos - and now we have something musically, visually and canonically which is a direct sequel to BLUE (which I'm totally here for). Meanwhile, iam's return with Be Here Soon was completely new ground and had more in common with her work as Jonna Lee, but was released under the iam banner.

I ultimately don't really care as long as we get new music from ionna and her collaborators, and I'm really excited about the new album - but the distinction only feels more and more arbitrary over time, or even contradictory.

Whilst the ionnalee moniker had some more points of difference initially, it seems that the only thing which draws the two projects apart now is the commitment to each song having an accompanying video, or not.
My understanding is ionnalee songs are written solely by jonna with additional production occasionally and mixed by class. Iam is more of a full on collab between the two musically. Did Clare’s write on this too or just produce?

I’ve always assumed the name of the project was supposed to be Bounty or I Am Bounty originally but then they had to stick with the iam moniker after the virality (she’s at least confirmed the later portion.)

She didn't say much new in the interview - they mostly talked about the struggles of being an independent artist, her work ethic and parenthood. She did end the interview saying that a version of 'Sommaren är min och jag kommer tillbaka' will be on BLUND. I'm not sure that means the English version will be on CLOSE YOUR EYES, or if the albums will have bigger differences than just language.

Last edited:
He/Him

This is
giphy.gif