It's Britney Bitch! The Britney Spears Discography Rate - An 8.000 average! | Page 131 | The Popjustice Forum

It's Britney Bitch! The Britney Spears Discography Rate - An 8.000 average!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Holly Something, May 24, 2021.

?

You're introducing someone to Britney for the first time. Which album do you play for them?

1. ...Baby One More Time

3.0%
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again

5.0%
  3. Britney

12.4%
  4. In The Zone

37.6%
  5. Blackout

31.7%
  6. Circus

3.5%
  7. Femme Fatale

2.5%
  8. Britney Jean

1.0%
  9. Glory

3.5%
  1. As long as you don't dare to touch the original version, i can handle this one.

2. Yeah the original is one of her very best but this remix adds nothing valuable to it, so goodbye.

Please delete Tom's Mediocre Diner next.

3. Seal It With a Kiss before He About to Lose Me or How I Roll (and many other non-FF songs) is disappointing.

M24 and livefrommelbs like this.
  4. Is the phrase ‘Do you people even like Britney?’ a reference or a meme or something? It’s been posted by different people in response to just about every elimination since the rate started and it is kinda mind-boggling.

5. Two of the best songs on the album?

6. The Darkchild remix of "Overprotected" has grown on me over the years. I used to think it was doing too much, but eventually those weird background noises came to have some charm.

The original should be in the top twenty, at a minimum.

7. The remix of Overprotected should have gones AGES ago, it's bloody awful.

8. That's a sad concept when there's literally a double-digit number of songs better than those two on the album.

9. He About To Lose Me is one of my faves on the album. How I Roll is one of my least (still got a good score).

M24 and Holly Something like this.
  10. As someone who was passionately angry during the Baby One More Time cull, these tears are delicious! Although we really are at a point in this rate where most eliminations will feel tragic. Britney's discography is that good!

11. Overprotected Darkchild remix may have toppled out before the top 50 here (it's nowhere near as good as the original), but in a Britney videography rate it would have top 10 on lock for me.
    *hint hint* we need a Britney videography rate next please *hint hint*

12. How I Roll is fantastic, but I have to be on the minority side of the fandom when it comes to He About To Lose Me. Not really a fan.

13. There's only a handful of songs I scored 6 or lower at this point. The one I'd get rid of next is "Tom's Diner." It's fun, but absolutely not essential to this discography.

14. I’m the same - I used to hate it so I can see where the low scorers are coming from, but I really enjoy it now. It helps that the video is incredible, particularly that dance breakdown, really sums up her imperial era.

The original is one of her best.

15. I've been dreading this one...

Back to 'Britney'...

[​IMG]

87th Place
    That's Where You Take Me
    (from Britney)

Average: 7.598

upload_2021-10-19_16-52-17.jpeg

High Scorers: 10 x 13 (@nikkysan, @Lucas, @Kaz D'Oerba, @eatyourself, @livefrommelbs, @breakitdown, @An Insider, @Guyhawke!, @Glitterizer, @BreatheBox, @Music Is Death, @Remorque, @lilylu)
    Low Scorer: 3.5 x 1 (@M24)
    My Score: 9.5

That's Where You Take Me is track 11 on Britney's third album, Britney. it was written by Britney, Josh Schwartz and Brian KierulfIt and produced by the latter two. The track had a limited release as a single in The Philippines, along with a music video made up of performance and back stage footage from Britney's Dream Within A Dream Tour. Copies of the single are extremely rare, the rarest CD in Britney's discography.

My thoughts: What a joyous song. I've always loved this, it has such a breezy melody and I really enjoy the almost UK Garage vibes in the production during the chorus. I feel like a lot of the third album is made up of those very specific Max Martin/Neptunes sounds but this is just some unashamed pop music. The lyrics are also super cute.
    @boombazookajoe (8.5) I kind of adore the juxtoposition of the upbeat, bleepbloop production and the more standard ballad like melody line. This is nice.

@blaze_dave (7.5) Cute song, sounds similar to Anticipating but more laid back. I don't hear that similarity AT ALL.

@Kaz D'Oerba (10) This song is so dreamy. It feels like you’re floating in the clouds when you’re listening to it. It does doesn't it? SO carefree and lovely.

@livefrommelbs (10) There's something so whimsical and gorge about this one. I love it, have a 10.

@daninternational (8.5) Love the beat to this one, it's understated yet has drive at the same time

@M24 (3.5) This gets my lowest score from the album, because it kind of bores me. I feel like When I Found You does it so much better. It's definitely cute though. The songs aren't like each other though.

@Attis (9) Cute and carefree vibes

@Guyhawke! (10) More than any other Britney album, votive offerings to Janet Jackson must have been placed in every corner of the studio for this one. The opening of ‘That’s Where You Take Me’ recalls the start of ‘Runaway’ and has the same breezy feel as ‘Someone To Call My Lover’. The chorus rolls in like a shot of pure sunshine from the ‘crystal skies’ Britney sings about and the vulnerability in the lyric makes a nice change from the empowerment credo of the ‘Britney’ album. Midtemponey is my favourite.

@Milotic (7) It's not terrible, just a bit cheesy and feels like it belongs on Oops!

@BreatheBox (10) Superlove who

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  16. Oh fuck off.

13 10s!!

17. Coupure Électrique is fine and I gave it a decent score but it's starting to outlast several superior songs based on the fact...the title loosely translates to Blackout?
    [​IMG]

18. I wouldn't have guessed that the Overprotected remix would drop quite yet, but I'm not mad at it as long as the original isn't touched for the foreseeable future. I'm also ready for the Boys remix to exit soon, actually (again, as long as the far-superior album version is untouched until much, much later).

Holly Something likes this.
  19. That’s Where You Take Me? Before Work Bitch? Excuse me?

20. This is one of her sweetest songs ever. It gives me major Janet/All For You album track vibes, which is always a compliment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.