It's Britney Bitch! The Britney Spears Discography Rate - In The Culling Zone! | Page 106 | The Popjustice Forum

It's Britney Bitch! The Britney Spears Discography Rate - In The Culling Zone!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Holly Something, May 24, 2021.

?

You're introducing someone to Britney for the first time. Which album do you play for them?

1. ...Baby One More Time

3.1%
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again

5.2%
  3. Britney

11.9%
  4. In The Zone

36.8%
  5. Blackout

32.1%
  6. Circus

3.6%
  7. Femme Fatale

2.6%
  8. Britney Jean

1.0%
  9. Glory

3.6%
  1. I don't remember how these B-sides go, so good riddance.

2. what but this is a hit?????

Holly Something likes this.
  3. I agree!

4. Walk on By was a great discovery (8) while Girls & Boys definitely was not (4.25). How one is gone now and the other managed to not only beat the other and last this long in general is a mystery to me.

5. I know it’s got the Blackout bias going for it, but the fact that Everybody outlasted Walk on By makes me more upset than it probably should

6. Everybody is a stupidly catchy J R Rotem moment of mashup nonsense. You just had to be there!

Womanizer, Burzum, GimmeWork and 2 others like this.
  7. Girls & Boys outlasting the other b-sides is an atrocity, definitely got overscored for being Zone era.

Walk on By and I'm So Curious are so much better.

8. Recency bias couldn't get this into the top 100...

An album track departs now...

[​IMG]

122nd Place
    Clumsy
    (from Glory)

Average: 6.744

upload_2021-9-15_1-1-8.jpeg

High Scorers: 10 x 2 (@jenleft, @Sprockrooster)
    Low Scorer: 0 x 1 (@Mushroom)
    My Score: 6.75

Clumsy is the 7th track on Britney's most recent album Glory. It was written by British singer songwriter Talay Riley (probably best known for his feature on Chipmunk's single 'Look For Me' but I've always loved his song 'Make You Mine' check it out, it's really good!), Warren "Oak" Felder and Alex Niceforo, being produced by the latter 2. It was released as the album's second promotional track (being made available as an instant grat whehn the album was pre-ordered on iTunes) after Private Show. The song was also performed as part of the Piece of Me tour.

My thoughts: I don't really care for this and would knock a couple of points off if we were rating again. It feels like it belongs in the Femme Fatale/Britney Jean era when the songs were just loud. I don't like the chanty bits and I don't think the vocals are the best the album has to offer.
    @Rantaro (9.3) This song is nothing short of pure fun and I bet all of y’all tasteless cigs are going to tank it for being unconventional.

@BeingNormal (2) Oops *fart noises* Is that what yours sound like???

@blaze_dave (7.5) A mindless bop but does get a bit repetitive with that weird sawing noise in the chorus. The oops bit is a highlight though.

@boombazookajoe (7) The vocal take on this track is certainly a choice, but I love how chaotic this song is.

@Kenny (5.5) This was probably a 3 for me until she performed it. That definitely helped to bump up the score.

@eatyourself (3) The verses themselves already deserve low ratings but that chorus is a crime.

@livefrommelbs (9.5) I probably gave this one of the most spins when Glory came out, because I'm basic. And I'm clumsy. It's about time we had better representation than that silly Fergie song. I am also VERY clumsy but I do not claim this song.

@cdd216 (7) Clumsy has some nice moments, but the production hasn't aged as well as most of the rest of the album and there are places where I find her vocal a little grating.

@daninternational (8.6) More early Ariana than Britney, which makes it hard to judge

@M24 (3) Up to the drop, it was pretty great. And even then, the "oops" spoken bits make it not that generic. It's definitely miles better than the EDM tracks in BJ.

@Guyhawke! (7.5) The swampy Southern stomp of ‘Clumsy’ is cute up until the little callback to ‘Oops!’ The instrumental chorus drop that follows is triggering and reminds me too much of ‘Britney Jean’. Every bonus track would have been a better choice on the album than this.

@Milotic (8.75) Just great fun! Love the "oops!" before the chorus

@BreatheBox (6) lovely verses but that drop is abysmal I think the drop was already dated when the album was released.

@Verandi (8.5) If it wasn't for that drop it would be a 10. Y'all can stay mad.

M24, ThisIsRogue, andru and 42 others like this.
  9. Finally I can rest.

10. That’s all of the duds off Glory gone now, it can be left alone for a little while.

I really need Alien and 3/4 of Femme Fatale to vacate soon.

11. Well that's disappointing :(

12. M24's ratings always make me laugh. The comment will always be decently positive and then the score is abysmal!!

I like Clumsy. I think it's okay for a song to just be fun!

13. I'd add 'Intimidated' to that list.

I agree as to why 'Girls & Boys' was overscored too. The 'In The Zone' era is excellence upon excellence, but there are still some lower tier tracks in the mix there and 'Girls & Boys' is one of them.

x

14. I'd honestly be fine with songs like Hard to Forget Ya and Love Me Down leaving soon. They're so boring and faceless.

Burzum and Holly Something like this.
  15. Verandi, Burzum, Milotic and 3 others like this.
  16. We could still lose a few more from Glory, but we've eliminated some of the worst from it now, so that's a positive for sure.

17. If I said that the next song was from an as yet untouched section what would you all think it might be?

18. I think it’s overhated but I can see it being Everybody.

M24 and Holly Something like this.
  19. Maybe "Brave New Girl" or the "Till the World Ends" remix? I think those sections have been untouched, but I might be forgetting something.

M24 and Holly Something like this.
  20. I'm worried it's Brave New Girl or I've Just Begun Having My Fun. I will rampage if it is either of those, though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.