It's Britney Bitch! The Britney Spears Discography Rate - So so so scandalous! | Page 109 | The Popjustice Forum

It's Britney Bitch! The Britney Spears Discography Rate - So so so scandalous!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Holly Something, May 24, 2021.

?

You're introducing someone to Britney for the first time. Which album do you play for them?

1. ...Baby One More Time

3.1%
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again

5.2%
  3. Britney

11.9%
  4. In The Zone

36.8%
  5. Blackout

32.1%
  6. Circus

3.6%
  7. Femme Fatale

2.6%
  8. Britney Jean

1.0%
  9. Glory

3.6%
  1. Cheiro de Quenga being the biggest loss here. :'(

Work Bitch can stay for at least 50+50 more positions and I won't complain.

Don't Keep Me Waiting could have stayed a bit longer - or we could have eliminated another Femme Fatale deluxe track *cough* selfish *cough* instead. Oh well.

Holly Something and Glitterizer like this.
  2. Don’t Keep Me Waiting is one of the best songs on Femme Fatale, the fact it didn’t make the standard is criminal.mp3 and deserved waaay better than 117th place in this rate.

3. I mentioned in my commentary that this version would have been a 10:

Don't Keep Me Waiting should have stuck around longer!

johnoclock likes this.
  4. If this was the official version it would’ve gotten a solid 1 from me

5. Oh the #antibopalliance stepped in, see ya.

6. Don't Keep Me Waiting is camp, it shouldn't be out so soon!

(Drop Dead) Beautiful is just too bad to even indulge ironically. "I think I caught the flu" followed by "look achu" like she's mimicking a sneeze...mama no.

7. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I gave Drop Dead Beautiful a 2 but kept it to myself because I thought it was an unpopular opinion dd, this is a result most pleasing to me! @Holly Something you are spot on, it's just so noisy and the vocals are so overprocessed to the point where she doesn't even sound human. I can't even mindlessly bop to it like I can with some of Femme Fatale, it's just bad.

8. I haven’t yet been sad about any eliminations. But if ya’ll even touch or speak evil upon Blur or Perfect Lover, I will write a post in anger and then get over it immediately!

9. @Guyhawke! was right on about “Alien,” in another time it’s be a much better song. I remember when she released “Perfume” and my friend and I who had hammered Femme Fatale and “Work Bitch” for the kiis finally threw in the towel and admitted that the Britney we loved from Stronger and Toxic was not coming back (not to mention the Sia from the We Are Born concert we went to together was gone too). Like @boombazookajoe said, it’s a much more effective song if from the point of view of the other woman, but as it is it just feels weak. Glad we took out the Boomba Jean trash before the Top 100, can’t wait to see “Work Bitch” in the Top 10!!

10. Work Bitch shouldn’t be anywhere near the top 50, let alone the top 10

Verandi, M24, cdd216 and 6 others like this.
  11. RMK

RMK

Drop Dead Beautiful is a bop and gave us the iconic Sabi rap. Sounds like top 100 Britney to me.

Verandi, M24, Amnesia and 2 others like this.
  12. Alien had the potential to be a cute girl, but the vocal production is downright embarrassing. I really tried to love it when the album came out because there was so little else to cling to, but time hasn't been kind to Alien. I never go back to it – and when I do, I always wonder why I bothered.

Perfume is probably the most fun that can be had on Belly Jade... which says more about the album than the song, but still. First of all, it gets baseline points for having genuine Britney vocals (ddd). Secondly, it's absolutely ridiculous and easy to belt along to. The lyrics are clunky the production is nothing more than competent, but the chorus gives me 80's power ballad bop, and I'm never one to turn my nose up to that. My friends and I thought this song was hysterical when it dropped, and I still get a kick out if it the odd time I actually put it on.

Drop Dead Beautiful is another song that's more funny than actually good. Britney singing (more accurately, squeaking) the lyrics, "You must be B.I.G, because you got me hypnotized / whoever said that beauty's on the inside is a liar" is worth the price of admission alone, and that's before we get Sabi serving her iconic verse that sounds like it's been lifted out of a Sesame Street rap-along cooking segment.

I Don't Care enough about Don't Keep Me Waiting to post a full paragraph. It's just... boring.

M24, Lila, soratami and 5 others like this.
  13. I love Perfume and I feel sorry for those who don't hear what I hear in that song! Alien is the girl who has all of the potential in the world but never meets it.

M24 and Holly Something like this.
  14. To be exceedingly clear despite loving it in all its camp glory, i don’t think Work Bitch belongs anywhere near the top 10 but could see it happening cause we’re a mess on this forum and often the best song on the worst album outlasts it welcome

Holly Something and Kaz D'Oerba like this.
  15. Don't Keep Me Waiting and Alien are definitely lucky to have gotten this far, so good riddance.

Perfume and Drop Dead should have outlasted many others, it especially annoys me the only great song on BJ gets beaten once again by... Work Bitch.

Holly Something and lilylu like this.
  16. Alien's a waste of a song because she usually excels in vibey kind of tracks (see: Don't Hang Up and Unusual You).

17. Are there any songs you regret not giving a 10 to? I have a few in the 9-9.5 range that should be 10's, but I was listening to Just Luv Me on my way home last night and it hit hard. One of the most beautiful, haunting, moving songs Britney has ever recorded. In light of everything that has been revealed in the last several months it takes on an extra layer of meaning, and there's so much strength and vulnerability wrapped up in those 4 minutes. I hope it gets its fair share of 10’s because it deserves to go very far in this rate.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Robert, Steve003, Christopher and 6 others like this.
  18. Y'all really kept snoozes like Rock Me In, Deep In My Heart and Mona Lisa over eating your iconic steaming pots of vegetables huh? ..........I knew this group lacked proper nutrition. Sad.
    [​IMG]

19. Deep In My Wig is most certainly not a snoozer.

20. Sis, it's a 6 at best. I know your wig is faceted, styled and glued better than that. It needs to go soon.
    [​IMG]

Holly Something likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.