It's Britney Bitch! The Britney Spears Discography Rate - You've got my body aching... | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

It's Britney Bitch! The Britney Spears Discography Rate - You've got my body aching...

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Holly Something, May 24, 2021.

?

You're introducing someone to Britney for the first time. Which album do you play for them?

1. ...Baby One More Time

3.1%
  2. Oops!... I Did It Again

5.6%
  3. Britney

12.3%
  4. In The Zone

35.8%
  5. Blackout

33.3%
  6. Circus

3.1%
  7. Femme Fatale

3.1%
  8. Britney Jean

0.6%
  9. Glory

3.1%
  1. Whew she really did that with Stronger, huh?

So many possible 11s.

2. I hope this is getting 10s across the board.

Burzum, GimmeWork, Conan and 12 others like this.

3. Let’s not forget this gem with our 9s and 10s just because it is on the same album as a couple of mammoth bops, please!

Guyhawke!, Robert, iRyan and 20 others like this.
  4. Probably an unpopular opinion, but Stronger winning the previous rate is such an odd outcome if you ask me. I mean, I gave it a high score but it has never felt like the best Britney song of all time to me.

GimmeWork, Conan, Verandi and 6 others like this.
  5. I think it was definitely unexpected as a winner, but it's such an easy song to love that it ended up being #1.

iRyan, Conan, Milotic and 4 others like this.
  6. Stronger winning any rate is justice.

GimmeWork, iRyan, Jawshxx and 8 others like this.
  7. And I’ll be making sure it wins again.

upload_2021-6-18_0-30-39.gif

GimmeWork, Sail On, iRyan and 11 others like this.
  8. Because this wasn't a single in the US, I don't know if I've ever really watched the video before. It's pretty weird! What are these strange rooms? Why is she putting her leg up on the wall forty-two seconds in? Why does that white outfit remind me both of a ninja and a suburban mom? She's dreaming of... having a pillow fight? Huh.

9. Late 90s/early 00s styling was lit! Ddd

10. Stronger won last time??? It’s nice, but a bit basic, definitely not even Top 20.

11. Slowing totalling up my averages and I did NOT see Femme Fatale coming for my No. 2 album position but here we are.

Hearing Scary for the first time and it being an ultra-bop didn't hurt.

Edit: Now I've heard Amnesia for the first time and I think I'm legitimately depressed these bonus tracks aren't on Spotify.

I demand a Mariah-type Rarities album.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  12. Stronger is iconic and a worthy winner.

That said I know it will be tanked by some people for being extra and prevent it happening again. That is sad, but rate winner backlash is a thing in this forum. It does make me wonder what could win as I feel like Baby is finding some backlash to due to it's performance in the 90s rate.

13. Dear Diary,
    Today, I saw a boy. I wonder if he noticed me. He took my breath away.

[​IMG]

14. I’ve decided that maybe Circus is better than Blackout and Glory. It’s the one album of hers that could really serve as a visual album. At the time, people were expecting a “personal” album from her and thus, skewed their expectations at the time, but the variety of sounds, the maximalist, quirky production and yes, the great lyrics which sounded like she’s playing a different character in every song… and to top it all, it has MANNEQUIN.

15. [​IMG]

Guyhawke!, Robert, GimmeWork and 14 others like this.
  16. YES only 10s/11s for STANNEQUIN.

17. Mannequin is a 10 and looking back on my score I am ashamed I only gave it a 9.5.

18. It's a very tight race at the top for 1st place so please don't be fooled into thinking there's a pre-anointed winner, trust me on thaT!

19. Circus was always my least favorite until Britney Jean happened. It has some stone cold bops/classics, but the run from Blur to My Baby has always been a letdown for me. The bonus tracks are mostly better and you can make a great 12-track album using some of them, but it still doesn't come close to her best albums for me.

20. After @Holly Something s plug in the Women of the 90s rate I am here. I’ve only done a few rates so looking forward to doing another.
    I only really know the singles of Miss Spears so this will be very good for my education.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.