It's Gonna Be a Hot Rate : Monrose Discography Rate (Winner revealed!) | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

It's Gonna Be a Hot Rate : Monrose Discography Rate (Winner revealed!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Vixen, May 23, 2016.

1. I myself am stuck somewhere else and will probably only start the results after midnight, so there's still time left. Plus I have to add someone else's scores to the Excel file - which I don't have right now, so really, there's time, but the deadline is definitely today so there won't be any more delays.

Picture Senna beating the shit out of you if you don't send your results in time, as some sort of motivation.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

OK I WILL DO IT.

Vixen likes this.
  3. I am screaming when looking at your avatar and reading that post.

Mr.Arroz, DJHazey and Vixen like this.
  4. Almost finished.
    Why are we not rating "Endlich Sehe Ich Das Licht", again?

Vixen likes this.
  5. I thought I would keep it strictly English-speaking.

Also I forgot about that mess of a song.

6. Fair enough.

Finished.

7. Got them!
    Thanks for participating and trying to make it in time @Conan !

There's only @Mr.Arroz left now. Come on hunty, give 'What You Don't Know' a big fat 11. *sobs*

Conan likes this.
  8. So, guesses for what will be the first song to go?
    I bet it's either "Walking Away" or "We Love" or "A Love Bizarre", because all of the three are not really Monrose-songs.

Vixen likes this.
  9. The list of everyone who voted so far :

GhettoPrincess
    Sweet Music
    Txetxu
    Sprockrooster
    tylerc904
    Macanudo
    plasticFANTASTIC
    DJHazey
    TrainJumper
    iheartpoptarts
    Epic Chocolat
    eyeline
    SloMover
    If You Go
    Reboot
    Utopia
    Zdarlight
    Totto
    Rob
    Remorque
    Conan

That's 21 people and I think that's amazing enough for C-list sort of rate. Hopefully @Mr.Arroz can send his votes just in time.

And yes, please, guess away! @plasticFANTASTIC

10. I hope it's Oh La La or No.

plasticFANTASTIC likes this.
  11. I love "We Love", such a bop!

Vixen likes this.
  12. Same! Shame Senna's delivery is so fucking awkward, because Mandy is killing it and that chorus is great.

Macanudo likes this.
  13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I AM DRUNK I'M SORRY HERE I GO?

Vixen likes this.
  14. Drunk scores are great too!

Don't send commentary (yet) if that's what's taking your time. Just some scores would be good.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I CAN DO THAT.

16. So there you go, I have all the votes. I can officially say the voting time is over and the reveal will start soon enough.

I just need to add all the recent scores to my file now.

DJHazey likes this.
  17. It's all added up! This is about to go off in a few minutes.

DJHazey likes this.
  18. Let's get this show on the road. Something from their debut, it has to be.

19. Let's get things going then.

After 35 days of scoring, and 22 participants...

The votes have been counted...

The song you have decided on as the worst Monrose track...

Is...

61. Oh La La

[​IMG]

Score: 4,761.

Highest Score: 8 x 2 ( @Epic Chocolat , @Conan )
    Lowest Score: 0 x 2 ( @Sweet Music , @If You Go )

Little may you know is that 'Oh La La' is actually a cover version of the same-titled 2005 song by British duo Boo2. 'Who?!', you'll probably ask. And you would be right because...seriously, who the fuck is that? Well, let me tell tell you, guys. Boo2 is a duo formed of Amelle Berrabah and her sister Samiya. Yes, from the Sugababes 3.0 fame! How weird is that. Although, it's reassuring that the Monrose track voted as the worst would be a cover from fucking Amelle's flop band.

Despite being written pretty much by the same writers behind the famous and well-appreciated 'Shame', 'Oh La La' couldn't be any further than the brilliant pop ballad. With cheap lyrics, mediocre vocals at best and a more or less convincing production, 'Oh La La' is clearly lacking in many areas. I mean, seriously : "I want a rough cut brother kind of macho who puts rings on my fingers and on my toes". Who the fuck put rings on their toes?

"Cheap", says Txextu, before comparing it to the Boo2 demo I've been talking about previously. plasticFANTASTIC deems it "dated" saying "parts of the album sounded already dated back then, like this old track Amelle and her sister demo'ed way back then". He says he "never cared for it at all". Sprockrooster moans "Oh No No...." before adding that this is definitely "not how I like it".

On the other hand, DJHazey seems to have a lot more to say about the song despite allowing it a really poor (but maybe well-deserved) 2 : "Okay, so this is the first complete mess. I wasn't expecting this kind of 'urban revival' after hearing the first couple of songs. Are we sure this album was made in 2006, because I'm hearing late 90s/early 00s here...and not the good part of it. The "oooo lalala's" sound absolutely horrifying. Please don't tell me that this is the direction we are headed in. The only thing saving this from being a 0 is that the production is decent. Also, I don't know what the "pages" line is saying. Seriously though every single "la" in this song is a death knell for my soul." Ouch! That was harsh. But, as I said, maybe well-deserved after all! But, don't worry, good old babe iheartpoptarts claims she likes the song, but that "it’s kind of hard to buy these girls as rappers". Tell me about it!

More just shortly!

For now, appreciate this 'speed-up' version of the track that takes the song from a 2 to a...well, 3.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Remorque, Mr.Arroz, Totto and 3 others like this.
  20. YES! Perfect elimination as it was one of only two 2s I handed out (my lowest score). I said a lot about the songs even if I hated them, I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_.

At least it wasn't Sugababes 4.0 influenced, though that version has bops so who knows maybe that would've been better in this instance!

Also, @Vixen, iheartpoptarts is indeed a girl.

Remorque and iheartpoptarts like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.