It's Gonna Be a Hot Rate : Monrose Discography Rate (Winner revealed!) | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

It's Gonna Be a Hot Rate : Monrose Discography Rate (Winner revealed!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Vixen, May 23, 2016.

1. This "Temptation" slaughterfest is not surprising me at all, ha!

Vixen likes this.
  2. I cannot with the Live Life Get By shade. The song is the only one that not sounds dated at all.
    Even Mandy realized that and did a great solo version:

I fear for my fave Your Love Is Right Over Me.

Totto likes this.
  3. 4,7 for Diamonds and Pearls !? That is crazy and I also can not somehow turn the bold symbolic option off, .....whatever.

Live Life Get By is a true lost, I have been listening to it a lot. The "ohhhs" on the background during the chorus give me so much life and I noticed the Senna/Mandy chorus turns into a solo Senna chorus for a bit then Mandy come back after (with additional ad-libs) . The song has such a deep melody, I love the production. I would probably give it a ten now, same for Certified.
    I have a late obsession for Certified.

Also what did I call you in the commentary @Vixen ? Yes write it down, don't be ashamed.

TrainJumper likes this.
  4. This is going fantastically! Diamonds and Pearls is better than a handful of Temptation album tracks but still nothing special.

Next please: Your Love Is Right Over Me, Do That Dance, Love Don't Come Easy, and Butt Butt!

Vixen likes this.
  5. @Vixen, you keep teasing that my favorites are going so early. I mean, Strictly Physical at #58, yeah right, we'd have to cancel the rest of the rate if that happened. However, if we're talking about my favs leaving earlier than they should, I'm afraid for I'm Gonna Freak Ya.

6. Wait, this one is worse than Do That Dance, Butt Butt, and Your Love Is Right Over Me. Lemme edit my desired eliminations (in order): Love Don't Come Easy, I'm Gonna Freak Ya, Your Love Is Right Over Me, Butt Butt, and Do That Dance.

7. I vote we keep 'Butt Butt'. It's the best kind of ridiculous!

8. Like I said, I fear for I'm Gonna Freak Ya.

9. Meanwhile, I feel like some of these songs are getting a free pass simply by virtue of not being from Temptation. Does anybody else think 'Definition of a Woman' is horrible?

plasticFANTASTIC and TrainJumper like this.
  10. No.

I do think that A Love Bizarre needs to start packing its bags.

11. Going pretty well so far.

Vixen likes this.
  12. Surprised about Diamonds & Pearls' early departure. It's not THAT bad.

Totto likes this.
  13. That one just needs to lose the saxophone!

[/me on every song ever]

DJHazey likes this.
  14. Now that is a song that even sounded dated during its release.

I'm interested to see which single will have the lowest score. My guess would be Breathe You In or Even Heaven Cries. Even though i'd prefer Hit'n'Run. Worst single for me.

15. I love Definition of a Woman!

Totto and DJHazey like this.
  16. As anyone should.

Totto likes this.
  17. Maybe it's next though....

Ahem ahem.

Totto and DJHazey like this.
  18. Hit n Run is great and should be top 15 tbh.

19. Don't even.

Totto likes this.
  20. Do we not think that Supah DJ should leave next ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.