It's Gonna Be a Hot Rate : Monrose Discography Rate (Winner revealed!) | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

It's Gonna Be a Hot Rate : Monrose Discography Rate (Winner revealed!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Vixen, May 23, 2016.

1. You're never going to be able to do them when everyone is there, so you do the best you can.

2. I'll tag just a few voters who haven't commented on this yet and which I haven't tagged yet via the results.

@Txetxu
    @Macanudo
    @Utopia
    @Rob
    @Remorque

Another result will be coming today. You can always guess away, though!

3. That video with Senna taking over is iconic!

4. My recap:

61. Oh La La - 2
    60. Diamonds And Pearl - 2
    59. No - 3
    58. Live Life Get By - 4
    57. Walking Away - 4

56. Butt Butt - 7
    55. I'm Gonna Freak Ya - 10
    54. Your Love Is Right Over Me - 6

Tragic that @eyeline didn't actually give I'm Gonna Freak Ya the 10 it deserved.

5. Not to make it worse, but he actually gave it a 4...

6. I'm happy with eliminations so far. Looking back, I should have rated Diamonds and Pearls lower than what I gave it...

Vixen likes this.
  7. This has gone so perfectly.

I'm preparing to be disappointed when Love Bizarre exits long before it should (I'd place it Top 20!), since I'm seeing people coming for it!

Vixen likes this.
  8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

This is going damn well!

TrainJumper and Vixen like this.
  9. SO THERE YOU GO GUYS.

ANOTHER ELIMINATION.

IT'S NOT FROM TEMPTATION...

IT'S NOT FROM LADYLIKE AS WELL....

IT'S NOT FROM STRICTLY PHYSICAL...

YES, IT'S FROM "I AM"....

You could say this song is very....bizarre.

It's...

53. Going Out Tonight

[​IMG]

Score: 5,283.

Highest Score: 9,5 x 1 ( @plasticFANTASTIC )
    Lowest Score: 1 x 1 ( @TrainJumper )

The first song to leave from the girls' third album is 'Going Out Tonight', their first venture in the reggae realm, and their last one, thank God. Now, I do think the "worst I AM song" title goes to 'A Love Bizarre', but this one is a close second, so not a surprise for me. Let's see what you guys have to say.

TrainJumper starts things off by asking the only appropriate question when you're done listening to that poor excuse of a song : "What. Is. This?" It's a shitty song, Trainy, that's what it is. Is it alright if I call you Trainy? Imma call you Trainy anyway. Here's what eyeline, on the other hand, had to say "Monrose twerking circa 08, this is quite awful though." GhettoPrincess seems to agree, because she thought the song sounded "like a weird mixture of an urban pop group and a Disney group. It just doesn’t work well". tylerc904 also noticed the 'weird' aspect of the song by stating it was "bizarre, not in a good way. The delivery of the "Give the dog a bone" bit is cringeworthy EVERY time". As if that wasn't already harsh enough, Totto just pretty muchs laught it off and grant it a poor 3.

But don't worry, surprisingly, this track got quite a its fair share of positive comments as well. Sprockrooster stanned for Bahar and thought she "bringing it in this" and seemed to appreciate "that islandbeat" . Similarly, iheartpoptarts esteemed the song was "cute and breezy" and it was giving her " 'How I Roll’ feels with island influences here and there!"

DJHazey claimed it was definitely "not as bad as it's made out to be", although he does agree with tylerc904 "that the "give a dog a bone" stuff is crap, but only because it sound like they suddenly want to give us reggae vocals", he further pursues with "I mean this isn't mid-90s eurodance. Playful bits like "o-we-o-we-oh" normally work better for me than they are with this. I wouldn't scream for someone to turn this off, but I wouldn't tell them to turn it up either". Well, you better scream to turn it off if I ask you to!

Now, the highest scorer of the song, plasticFANTASTIC, wasn't exactly right when he thought he "might be the sole person liking this song in this rate", but he admitted he "can't help to love this bizarre electro-raggamuffin jam. it's just catchy as fuck and so fun to sing a long to and i love the synth flourishes on the backing track".

10. Should've been Love Bizarre, but I'm not crying either.

11. And which song do you think is next?

12. Awwww, but it's fun and cute! Who cares if there's a ridiculous dog lyric in it?

13. It better damn well be.

Oh and kii @ you incinuating that I take orders from you in the commentary. Too cute. Good thing @GhettoPrincess and I don't love the song either. *tongue out emoji*

14. I didn't know you stanned for Who Let The Dogs Out! hehe

15. 'Who Let the Dogs Out' is not cute!

DJHazey likes this.
  16. Noooo.

Vixen likes this.
  17. I'm telling you, Sprocky. Small victory after small loss.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  18. It always annoyed me that apparently they had something like 300 demos for I Am and yet Going Out Tonight and A Love Bizarre made the cut and we only had one b-side in the amazing After amazing Love.

It's that cringe inducing line with "give that dog a bone" that makes Going Out Tonight a total mess for me.

TrainJumper and DJHazey like this.
  19. Monrose propelled to number 12 of all time scrobbled artist on my Lastfm, overtaking the likes of Cheryl and Years & Years.

That's crazy.

20. A little bit surprised, even though I knew it wasn't well liked. Could've been Top 50 at least, but I guess alongside 'Butt Butt' it's their most polarizing song.

Vixen likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.