It's Gonna Be a Hot Rate : Monrose Discography Rate (Winner revealed!) | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

It's Gonna Be a Hot Rate : Monrose Discography Rate (Winner revealed!)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Vixen, May 23, 2016.

1. Did you just do 'Rebound' and 'Leading Me On' wrong, though?!

(I can't wait to get all your scores! @DJHazey )

DJHazey likes this.
  2. How do you know me so well? *evil grin* Not quite.

Wait until you read the commentary for the title-track.

3. Don't worry about being annoying! I can't commit to doing this rate (yet), so my points might come in somewhere around the deadline or maybe they won't. Sorry!

4. Leading Me On and Just Like That are good but not single worthy. Burning is awful.

My choices would have been Dangerous, Rebound or Yesterday's Gone for 4th single.

For I Am they messed the singles up completely

Strike The Match - Tip Toe - What About Us? - No Never

5. This is crazy! Those three are all just generally awesome, so incredible underrated (like the group in general).

6. Let me tag @that boy is a monster again because I'm that annoying.

It's cool, don't worry at all! I do hope you make it in time, though.

7. Let me bump this back to the first page and say I'm going to work on this some more this evening.

8. Haha, thanks babe. You're about to listen to 'I AM', aren't you?

I sort of don't know who to tag this time... @Mr.Arroz possibly?

DJHazey likes this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

My bussy is tingling!

even more than usual I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_

tylerc and Vixen like this.
  10. I Am indeed. Opening track was great, not sure about A Love Bizarre.

11. Okay, so A Love Bizarre is tragic.

12. @Deborux, would you want to give this group a shot? (If you don't know/love them already)

Also @Daniel! (I'm sure @Vixen tagged you already), but in case she didn't, I'm thinking you may love this too.

13. It's a Prince cover. Senna (a big fan) fought for that one to be on the album, I believe. It gets better, don't worry. ('Going Out Tonight' is possibly another dud, though.)

Amazing! I know how much you love them, so I can't wait to see your scores!

Mr.Arroz and DJHazey like this.
  14. I'm two albums in, and the second one is such a massive step up from the first. Hoping it's all like that from this point on!

Vixen likes this.
  15. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Yeah that debut is trash.

Vixen likes this.
  16. Oh no!

17. 'Strictly Physical' is an absolute gem of an album. It's definitely up there with the best girlgroup albums. The other two are both a big step up from the first album, but they are arguably not as good as 'Strictly Physical'. It's just such a brilliant piece of work.

iheartpoptarts and tylerc like this.
  18. Going Out Tonight is such shit, like what the fuck IS that "give da dawg a bowwwne" mess?!

I love their cover of Love Bizarre though.

At least @DJHazey has Certified (THAT middle-eight), You Can Look, and the iconic Tip Toe to look forward to.

DJHazey, iheartpoptarts and Mr.Arroz like this.
  19. I just realized what 'Certified' is. Used to love it, totally forgot about it till now!

DJHazey likes this.
  20. Also 'Step Aside' which is basically 'Say Yes' little sister.

Let's not forget 'No Never' and these amazing lyrics :

Bitter lemon smile - awful good at acting wild.
    I could show you how to do it........but then I might have to care.

Mandy is surprisingly convincing on that verse as well which is rather surprising as she was a bit off the mark in her little "speech" on 'You Can Look'.

Macanudo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.