It's Official, New S Club 7 Album May 25th, 2009

He/Him
Popjustice said:
I can't believe they're even allowed to use the S Club name, really. Are they back with 19 or something?

Exactly, they can't use the S Club name or release anything at all without 19. I think they're getting away with doing the mini tour under S Club 3 because, well, S Club 3 isn't a copyrighted name, it's just a variation.

But people don't seem to understand that no 19 = no S Club or S Club 7. They can't legally release any material under the brand.

NadineCoylesBeatch said:
daveblackwell2k4 said:
Ronald Parisi said:
The others (Jo, Tina, Bradley, Jon and Bradley) have all signed a contract which will see them tour across the UK next May-June time on a comeback tour

So we got 2 Bradley's & no Paul this time then?

Should be S Club clone lol

It's like Seeing Double all over again!

I'm not interested unless all 7 are involved.

Yes, maybe they can replace Rachel and Hannah with their clones from the Seeing Double film, LOL! That would be the perfect scenario: Rachel could do another solo album after SCD, Hannah could continue with her dinosaur show and we would still have S Club 7.

I don't think Hannah will ever rejoin the band. Not only because of her acting career, but also because of the way her relationship with Paul ended and getting called a "love rat" by him.
People will definitely miss Hannah if the news is even true. She did have the best sense of humour of the whole bunch.

Aaron said:
Popjustice said:
I can't believe they're even allowed to use the S Club name, really. Are they back with 19 or something?

Exactly, they can't use the S Club name or release anything at all without 19. I think they're getting away with doing the mini tour under S Club 3 because, well, S Club 3 isn't a copyrighted name, it's just a variation.

But people don't seem to understand that no 19 = no S Club or S Club 7. They can't legally release any material under the brand.

did they actually call themselves S Club 3 or was that just the media that named them that?

I'm sure on one of the newspapers it had "S Club 7" written on the flyer still (I may be wrong)

I see, I just thought I saw a flyer somewhere that said S Club 7 on it with a picture of those 3.

A black flyer of some sort, it was on a newspaper website.

He/Him
Ye I think I saw that too, I think it was just the place hosting the gig called them S Club 7. It was one of the first gigs, maybe they did that so people weren't wondering what S Club 3 was.

When I saw the 'S Club 2009' thread in Pop&Justice, for some reason I imagined "S CLUB IN 2009-MEMBER COMEBACK SHOCKER". Har har and all that.

Well I'm glad it's been confirmed now after I mentioned it a few weeks back and nobody believed me! I wouldn't be surprised if the other two join up to this as well. Realistically, what will Rachel be doing after Strictly?

I don't know if they're with 19, but I was told they are working with their 'old tour manager' - although how long he worked with them in the past is anybody's guess and I've no idea if they've got more links to the past other than that.

If they're releasing a new Greatest Hits album and they're performing all their old hits with the official backing tracks (which they are as S Club 3 at the moment), I'd assume they have some sort of agreement with 19.

It's not true! From sclubmedia.net:

S club 5 rumours not true | Dec 16, 2008

Just to settle the confusion regarding a recent article claiming that Jon and Tina would join S Club 3's Jo , Bradley and Paul to become S Club 5 and tour the UK this year - is completly untrue. As nice as it would be, unfortunatly it isn't happening. S Club 3 are still touring together until summer 2009. Jon will take to the stage in Peter Pan, and Tina will focus on solo material.

I must say that I'm still a little disappointed...who knows, it could have been interesting.

on request said:
If ...they're performing all their old hits with the official backing tracks (which they are as S Club 3 at the moment), I'd assume they have some sort of agreement with 19.

Unless they're using Sunfly backing tracks.

*imagines the audio carnage*

S

someboy0716

I really hope it's not true. I loved them, but they need to stay in the time capsule, I've grown up so much since I listened to S Club.

I want a Rachel solo album.
Again.

SOME GIRLS ALWAYS GET WHAT THEY WANNA WANNA.
I'm not a girl, but I do hope I get what I want in this case :(

i found my seven year old 'You' single at my sisters house on Saturday, it made for fond reminiscing. I bought it first time around for the poster that came with the second CD.

I love them to death but unless it's all 7, it will be a wreck.
I would like to see a tour and new album, it just has to be done properly, and without all 7 that's hopeless. They're all busy right now and should just set it aside for next year. The mini-tours are cool and all but it would be better with all 7.

I've thought about this and I think I've decided I would like my childhood left unsullied. It's far too long ago now, it won't work like Take That.
Plus no-one cares enough. Deary me.

I still have all their singles in my tiny case, and everytime I watch Seeing Double I feel so sad. Loved them and I absolutely would buy a new album. Unfortunately I do think none will come.

It won't be the same without Rachel, she was the ultimate glue of S Club even if she only got the odd line in their songs.

LOL at the lovelysclub.net title. I'd only expect that with Cliff Richard to be honest.

They REALLY need Rachel & Jo for the core of it, they have the strongest voices.
I think the only thing that would harm their chances of being successful is Jo's big brother stunt, not to jump on that though.