iTunes Help Needed | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

iTunes Help Needed

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by idratherjack, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

No Coverflow, no covers in list view, and no iTunes DJ?
    Itunes 11 is a disaster.

2. Coverflow was my life.

3. I never upgrade my iTunes.

Every single time I've done it in the past it's fucked everything up.

It's like Facebook. Works perfectly fine leave it the fuck alone!!!

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I'll definitely stick with 10.7 if they don't fix this.
    I fear some day a new generation of phones or something will force me to upgrade though.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I miss list view with covers! WHAT THE FUCK.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I seriously feel your pain. No alternative comes close to get a proper overview of all your albums and the song info.

7. Grid view is the way forward, I've always just loved seeing all the artwork.

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

But if you have all your songs year tagged seperately, and are still working your way through your entire library to see which songs still need fixing, and whether they're all part of the right album, etcetera, it's not the most convenient view.

9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

My iTunes has looked like that FOR YEARS. Why Apppe?!!!

10. I love it. I'm such a sucker for the eye candy.

11. Is there no way around it? I miss it already and have only just upgraded!

12. kal

kal

Good riddance they removed Cover Flow. iTunes 11 is a lot faster both on Mac and Windows. The 'up next' feature is also really useful.

And if anyone is missing the sidebar, you can enable it from View > Show Sidebar.

13. SBK

SBK

It really is soo much faster, far less clunky to load as well. Very impressed they finally got it right!

14. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

It did seem faster, I'll give them that.
    But after playing around with it a bit I really can't find any good way to display my playlists so that I can see in on glance if songs have the right artwork/tags. (Album List view really was perfect)
    Main loss though is the fact that without iTunes DJ it seems impossible to configure it so that it plays one song of my A-list every other 10 songs.

15. It's awful. It makes assessing what artwork needs updating a pain. It's designed for people with pedestrian collections of, like, 10 albums for the last 5 years.

16. I'm really not keen on it. I hate the fact that you can't see full size artwork unless the album is playing - that's my biggest gripe! Plus you can no longer see the play count, bit rate etc. unless it's in 'song' view, same goes for being able to check or uncheck things. Ugh! I don't get why they think a shit load of album covers looks simple or neat, it looks really cluttered.

17. Tagging is a pain now I can't drag artwork now like I could in list view I do miss having the artwork in list view and the slider to change the size of the thumbnails was handy so I could see more albums in grid view.

Though I like how all the songs are underneath the album in album view instead of a separate window and I like the different backgrounds for the albums and the speed it's not as sluggish as it was.

18. I'm glad I can no longer see plays unless I go searching for them.

iTunes plays are useless to me.

last.fm scrobbling is where it's at.

19. That's the bit I do like, but I wish it wasn't only available in 'album' view.

20. I miss the cover flow... itunes was never slow for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.