iTunes Help Needed | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

iTunes Help Needed

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by idratherjack, Jul 5, 2012.

1. You need to do what I did, go through each track in the album Click on 'get info' and then under 'sorting' tab, delete everything (name, album, artist etc AND Sort Name, Sort Album, etc). Once done highlight all tracks and add Artist and Album name.

2. Ok, thanks - will try that. I thought the problem was that Heaven was initially the single and I've changed it to be part of the album but that hasn't happened with other store downloads where I've done similar things.

3. It worked - thanks!

4. Having re-set all these playcounts I've just gone into iTunes and seen it's done it again on about 4 other store downloads - sooo annoying!!! Sort it out Apple.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

They updated it and didn't change shit. Well probably some stuff but nothing relevant to me!

6. This looks great in cover flow and album grid, but on my iPod under the album tab all my albums are now sorted under "A", and singles under "S", etc. Haha oh well, small price to pay.

7. Is anyone else having problems with iPod Classics and iTunes 11? It's refused to sync ever since I upgraded. Google seems to suggest it's not an isolated case, but I can't find a solution?

8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

My classic is unaffected. Are you on...Windows?

9. You can now find any duplicate songs (which is useful for me). Also You can have 'fade in' between songs again (before it wouldn't up date my 'last played' data as I have a 3 second fade in/fade out). Does anyone know if it fixed the issue with printing CD inlay booklets?

10. Rmx

Rmx

That's literally exactly what I said, so you were warned! And yeah who looks up albums that way anyway, just do it by Artist.

11. Mine won't even start up. It's fucked.

12. Yes. (Why the dramatic pause?)

I'm going to have to rollback, aren't I?

13. Oops, sorry. I didn't even realize until awhile after I did it all, I forgot you mentioned that. But yeah, it makes other views look 10x more organized and nice. When I want to pick an album from my iPod (a touch) I just use cover flow anyway.

14. Rmx

Rmx

Doesn't it! Especially for artists of which I own a very extensive discography (dozens of albums / singles, actually only Ayu and Hikki for me) it's very convenient.

15. It would be nice if you could click on the artist's name or the album and it would go to it:

[​IMG]

Like if you clicked 'Electrik Red' it would show you all of Electrik Red's music. Would be simpler than having to search for them.

16. On the Mac OS versions of iTunes there are little arrows that appear when you mouse over, like so:

[​IMG]

(This feature was better in the old versions, because you could change a preference that would send all the links to the iTunes store back to your own library, and get to a song/artist/album in a single click, but this looks better, I guess?)

Anyway my point is, is that not a thing in the Windows version?

17. innamor.

innamor. Guest

CTRL/CMD+L usually takes you to the song playing... if that helps?

18. Oh... yes. How silly of me, I didn't remember the arrow! Haha, I'm positive I had noticed that before and just forgot when I posted that. WELL, they should add the clicking anyway. It's simpler!

I don't like the 'artist' view. I prefer the way it shows up when you search.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I dislike how, once you're in artist view and have selected an album, it won't shuffle from that selection but from ALL of that respective artist's tracks. Slightly annoying, but for now I keep it on song view and select the artist from there.

20. For fuck's sake. My NEW iPod got cracked today. Well, not physically, but screen appears cracked. ANNOYING. I'll be sending it in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.