ITunes help | The Popjustice Forum

ITunes help

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by The Visitor, Apr 28, 2010.

1. I seem to have deleted a huge portion of my iTunes library from
    my computer. Don't ask me how as I don't have a clue. I have synced the iPod and most of the songs barring about 30 seem to be on the iPod but about 200 are not available to play on iTunes- it just says they can't be located.

Most I have on disc so it's not a massive problem but i don't want to have to upload again. Is there anything I can do?

2. iTunes is saying they can't be located probably because it's looking for a "source" that no longer exists (ie the music files on your C-drive). What you need to do is activate "use as disk drive" in your iPod settings, and then copy those tracks from your iPod back onto a folder on your computer (the same place as before will do). You may still need to manually reassign the tracks to iTunes in the "get file/find file" menu when you right click on the tracks and the info box comes up.

Anyway, it's something like that! You'll be able to get those 200 tracks reassigned and available through iTunes again. Not sure about the other 30 that have gone.

EG.

3. Thanks for your help but I can't find that setting on my iPod. It doesn't seem to be under settings.

4. If you connect your iPod, then in the main iTunes menu settings, you'll see a tick-box which says "use (iPod) as disk drive" (or something similar).

EG.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.