J-Pop | Page 530 | The Popjustice Forum

J-Pop

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by scandipop, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Wanted to share this album as it's blown me away.

Ayaka is ex-leader of the Hello!Project group Angerme (fka S/mileage) and ex-leader of Hello!Project as a whole. For a debut album, it's a great body of work. Parts of it remind me of Goldfrapp so I think a lot of people here will like it.

After leaving Hello!Project, she's been doing activism work and also came out (without labels). As a fan since her idol days, it's been really gratifying following her.

Island, mi|kshake, evilsin and 4 others like this.
  2. The Angerme girls are so talented. I’m still shocked at how good Tamura is and this song comes back every day to my brain:

In other H!P news, Tomoko graduated from J=J today.

She was the first H!P idol to stay in the franchise after 25, and she’s only leaving due to her endometriosis.

3. Not me reading that name and thinking "wow, Wada Akiko has fans on PopJustice, who would've thought?", dddd.

Trinu 3.0 and masahiro like this.
  4. This has me screaming????

5. Finally!
    Lovely to see NiziU version of this song performance!
    Way better than audition ver.

Crisp X likes this.
  6. Takei Masami and Takahashi Mai, the married couple from 'Czecho No Republic', have formed a sub-unit, called 'Living Rita'.

Here's their first release:

And here's a live performance for 'Venus' and 'Escape':

Next month (26/1), Aimer will be releasing a 2 disc b-side collection 'Hoshi no Kieta Yoru ni'.

evilsin likes this.
  7. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

CAPSULE are releasing another new song on 12/10 entitled 'Virtual Freedom'!

evilsin likes this.
  8. Came across this lovely performance of Planetarium by Ai Otsuka on Youtube:

clowezra, Gintoki, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  9. Your post had me researching what this group is all about….well this deceptively deceiving song (with its 500 key changes) has me gagged! What a BOP!

New Flame and yuuurei like this.
  10. Picking this song. Taste! If you like more AAA bops with fedora's and fingerless gloves from 2010 - 2012:

Macsun, yuuurei and RUNAWAY like this.
  11. Ai's album is out.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  12. Also new May J. album. The singles were surprisingly good.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  13. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

New CAPSULE!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  14. This is such a great nod to their older sound! Nakata is really not messing around with these new Perfume and capsule releases, whew.

Crisp X, Liberty and RUNAWAY like this.
  15. I'm happy she's still active, but I have to say this is one of her weaker releases. 'LOVE TRiCKY' and 'LOVE HONEY' were easily better.

mi|kshake likes this.
  16. Yeah I'm curious to know what I think of Love Pop as I got back into her with Love Tricky and Love Honey. My order of Love Pop and Kuu's Best (along with one of her tours) shipped today, yay!

In other news Olivia has said on Instagram that 2022 will be a year of music!!

evilsin likes this.
  17. The preview she posted a couple years ago sounded interesting. Hopefully the release is sooner than later.

mi|kshake likes this.
  18. All three recent capsule releases have SNAPPED, this album is shaping up to be one of their absolute best...and so late in the game! The 10/10 perfume releases, the HD remasters of the old albums....It's been good to be a fan in 2021!

We love a creative renaissance!

RUNAWAY and evilsin like this.
  19. Kalen Anzai's new Charli XCX penned + Danny L. Harle produced single is here.

Island, Trinu 3.0, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.