Jack Harlow | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Jack Harlow

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by An Insider, Sep 19, 2021.

1. First Class sounds like bop potential for sure .

2. First Class is already unavoidable on TikTok so I'm sure it'll properly blow up once it drops. I agree that it'd have been nice for him to actually get Fergie on it, though.

Txetxu likes this.
  3. Hmm. I don't know, outside of the chorus its kind of a nothing song.

nooniebao likes this.
  4. The hook is a stroke of genius, but the verses could’ve punched harder. He’s still very limited as a lyricist and it shows, which is why he’s lucky that he has such a pleasant flow. I’m sure this will smash because it’s a vibe nonetheless, but could’ve been so much more. Maybe a remix with someone like Lil Baby would do the trick.

Drake would’ve done great with a track like this.

Duppe likes this.
  5. The sample does a lot of the work here.

6. Well it then becomes a collaboration / a feature when he just wants a sample.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  7. The chorus definitely carries this but also “y’all don’t need Givenchy, you need jesus” is a line that is not gonna leave my head anytime soon.

Sanctuary and An Insider like this.
  8. Incredibly underwhelmed by this. The verses are just okay. It could grow on me, but there isn't much to it aside from the sample unfortunately.

Purple, nooniebao and 1991 like this.
  9. I like this a lot! Some of the lyricism is a little clunky (“shoutout to my ups workers, making sure I receive it”), but still it’s a laid back early summer tune for me.

10. The verses needed to go much harder, the sample does all the heavy lifting and even then it feels a little empty. A feature would've livened this up for sure but that would've risked exposing how average he is on this. I agree that Drake would've eaten up this sample.

With that said, the song is sure to be a hit. It's everywhere on Tik Tok and he's killing it on Apple Music, globally. Plus he's a nice guy so I'm happy for him if it pops off.

Mr Blonde and An Insider like this.
  11. Oh, this is a bop.

Troylovesmusic likes this.
  12. He’s really aiming to be the Gen Z Drake isn’t he? The album title even sounds like something Drake would name a full length project of his.

Mr Blonde, An Insider and spaceship like this.
  13. This is already #1 on Apple Music in the US. It’ll be interesting to see the Spotify numbers tomorrow.

nooniebao likes this.
  14. US Spotify debut is 5.9M, global is 10.6M.

15. How on Earth did he get so big in the space of less than a year? It boggles the mind.

16. Quarantine, Lil Nas X collab

Jamie, nooniebao and K94 like this.
  17. This bops for me

Seems like it will be Jack vs Harry on the Hot 100 next week .

18. He's been getting quite a few hits in the past year, to be honest (What's Poppin was also huge) and he has a lot of social media hype for being really hot.

Milotic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.