Jack Penate - After You | The Popjustice Forum

Jack Penate - After You

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by sinner, Aug 28, 2019.

1. I screamed with joy when I saw this:

I'm beyond excited! I've been celebrating the 10th anniversary of Everything Is New for the whole summer and it remains a glorious, gorgeous record from start to finish. The bar is very high with the latest album, can't wait for tomorrow to hear what he's come up with.

varjak, D.Jay, Stuart and 3 others like this.
  2. This is good news but I honestly can't believe it's been ten years since his last album. Like... how do you even pay the rent, sis?

This remains a hazy summer bop

RJF, jawow_, 2014 and 4 others like this.
  3. I hope he has a new album, I do. But he has been gone a long time and the world has changed a lot. For a start, he no longer has NME Magazine to help him out...

4. Yes can't wait. Been listening to him last few days. That album was classic, unique sound. I can't believe it's been ten years.

5. Tonight's Today was my introduction to Jack and I've been hooked ever since! It's funny that in a way it was also my introduction to Jessie Ware - years later I learned that the girl who used to be his back up singer was actually her!

The extended version of TT is fucking hypnotic. I really wouldn't mind if Jack worked with Paul Epworth again, they created magic together.

D.Jay likes this.
  6. I've been smashing Everything Is New the last few months, such good news. I remeber Jessie Ware saying he was coming last year or the year before, hope the wait has been worth it.

sinner likes this.
  7. I remember you from UKmix, I used that forum by the time his last album came out.

mylesofsmiles93 likes this.
  8. I have never been this excited about a comeback.

RHOPJ and sinner like this.
  9. sinner likes this.
  10. My excitement doesn't seem to fade away so let my share this lovely remix of Pull My Heart Away:

Although I adore the original, I always thought this version is far superior.
    The Bullion's Shymar remix is another stellar rendition.

11. Ain't he posh/old money?

Booers and hollaa01 like this.
  12. Gotta admit I never thought I would be listening to Jack Penate but Everything is New WHAT AN ALBUM! I think this next album will confirm my fandom one way or another.

I remember actually (!) listening to the charts when Pull My Heart Away was released and being outraged that it didn't chart in the Top 40!

sinner likes this.
  13. I haven't seen any receipts for this but it does explain how someone can take an entire decade to make an album, I guess. I ain't mad, I'd do the same.

14. Well my comment was in response to you wondering how he pays his rent x

bestinase likes this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Tonight’s Today is a complete banger!

RHOPJ likes this.
  16. I don’t have my headphones... is it good?

I’ve always thought of Everything Is New as a male Florence album, which is probably the highest praise I can give anything by a man, really.

sinner likes this.
  17. It growns on me with each listen - there are so many musical elements to unravel. I think the second verse is my fave, I like the way the melody gets a little darker. This is a strong comeback and feels like a Jack Penate song, can't wait to hear more from him.
    I caught only a part of the interview with Annie Mac, the album's coming in an unspecified future.

18. It's gorgeous. Trust me, you'll love it.

mylesofsmiles93 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.