Jake Shears (Solo Album, out now!) | The Popjustice Forum

Jake Shears (Solo Album, out now!)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Maybe solo music coming too?

myblood, LP, Saycsar Fleurima and 5 others like this.
  2. I hope so! I always wondered why he's been so quiet about solo material...

3. As long as he does it all in a jock strap and/or leather trousers I'm here for it.

4. Touring the American South to start makes me worried this is going to be more Beth Ditto (2017) than Beth Ditto (2011) i.e. useless.

I will only accept bops from niche acts, I guess.

biffy77, myblood, Ray and 5 others like this.
  5. Woof! The music may be crap (probably not), but I can still admire the imagery!

Saycsar Fleurima and londonrain like this.
  6. Is he not with SS anymore?

7. They've been on a break since pretty soon after the last album.

LP likes this.
  8. Praying that Jake can deliver the amyl-fueled sequel to Night Work the world needs.

9. What kind of potential hate crime tour

10. Jake was once described to me as the gay Britney, i.e., a hotty with a body but the face is a notty.

There was a tussle shortly thereafter because I couldn't decide who they were shading more.

11. Jakes face is bloody gorgeous and his energy and spirit are contagious. He's a force.

12. Showing us Southern queens some much needed love I see.

13. plz b saef in birmingham

14. What is it with every artist scheduling shows on Wednesdays in Atlanta...I do not like having to leave work early to drive through rush hour traffic to the venue

15. If the new material is anywhere as good as The Other Boys then this should be amazing.

flowersandu and LPMA like this.
  16. Only The Horses x 12
    *hides*

17. Also acceptable.

I really liked Magic Hour so I'd be quite happy with that sound coming back.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  18. Ray

Ray

White Diamond (ballad version) x 12
    *joins Vas in the basement*

Vasilios likes this.
  19. His eyes freak me out a bit.

LP, Saycsar Fleurima, K94 and 3 others like this.
  20. Not sure there's much to read into with the dates and announcement aesthetic, but of course I'd rather get "Harder You Get" poppers o'clock bop Jake than "Land of a Thousand Words" Eltonesque 70s glam rock Jake. At this point, though, I'll take scraps and be happy.

Ray and relby like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.