Jamelia - Superstar: The Hits | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Jamelia - Superstar: The Hits

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Breakfast2, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let me tell you lot from someone that knows:

Beware Of The Dog sounds a thousand times better when it's blasted from your speakers at full volume.

2. Steve

Steve Guest

That was me too! I mean, if you believe Lily, even the people at Regal (which must crossover with Parlophone!) wanted her to go in a different direction, which led her to sign up on MySpace in the first place!

And "Beware Of The Dog" sounds amazing with a decent bass boost!

3. Mr CD still open; it's the only one of the 'cheap' shops...

4. I just saw a TV ad for this ..

"features Superstar, Thank You, See It In A Boy's Eyes ... and more".

So does Thank You! What a joke.

x

5. Steve

Steve Guest

The TV ad I've seen has "Stop" in it too, with the cheesy clips of her at award ceremonies, etc.

6. The Bird And The Bee are on Blue Note as well, though I've never quite understood why. Their music is probably closer to All Saints than it is to Norah Jones (not surprising since Greg Kurstin is one-half of the group, but still...)

7. Steve

Steve Guest

I don't think Parlophone exist outside of the UK; when I was on EMI Germany's web site, it had Kylie listed under Capitol, so I presume Norah and The Bird & The Bee, being signed in America, were relegated to Parlophone here.

8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I'm up for a bit of defacing enhancing the album covers with a bit of glitter glue and some stickers.

Who's with me?

9. I was surprised to see a television advert last night - during Diaries Of A Callgirl which is probably the most high profile show on ITV2 in recent months, thus one of the most expensive advertising slots.

Why throw their money behind it at this stage though? This whole project has gone from laughable to embarrassing to complete stupidity.

10. Sad isn't it? I'd be surprised if this makes any money in net terms at all. It hasn't done anything except cheapen the catalogue.

11. Steve

Steve Guest

I'd have to buy it to enhance the cover, and I don't think it's worth it, not even as a completist!

12. What a bad flop, another Parlophone nasty job.

13. I might have fingered it if there was a DVD of videos with it.

14. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Me too. Even though I have the Thank You Live DVD that has them as bonus tracks, I am a fool for music dvds. I even bought the Electronic best of/with dvd one.

15. tommie

tommie Guest

16. Steve

Steve Guest

A rightfully deserved FLOP!

17. tommie

tommie Guest

I don't own any Jamelia album and like a few of her singles, but even I couldn't be arsed with this - it's piss-poor! I probably would've gotten it if it had all her singles on it - and I would've definitely gotten it if it had contained a few "new" tracks (even if it just were album tracks from her last album).

A 11 track greatest hits package does not appeal to me.

18. I can't believe they didn't learn from the last album. Cheaply produced, naff items don't tend to sell very well. Good one Parlophone, you bunch of idiots.

19. I just want to hear some new stuff so she can put this sorry mess behind her.

Has anyone else seen Jamelia's hair range photos? I know its all air brushed etc but she is so beautiful!

20. Why did they even bother? It probably cost them more to produce the CDs and to ship them than what they'll make off of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.