James Blake - Before | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

James Blake - Before

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, May 22, 2011.

1. Yep, Joy Division's "Atmosphere" as well as Stevie Wonder's "Never Dreamed You'd Leave In Summer" and his version of Beyoncé's "Otherside."

Mr Blonde, godspeed and GRMusic like this.
  2. When the part's over? Well, I guess it's just begun.

3. Oh! I wasn't sold on the "Godspeed" cover but I cannot wait to hear the rest of this EP, the song selection is already very promising.

Also, in case you missed it earlier this year... one of his finest!

elektroxx and GRMusic like this.
  4. I was a bit apprehensive about him doing "Otherside" but "When We're Older" is beautiful and I'm sure Bey approves.

godspeed likes this.
  5. I’ve been a fan of James since the 2nd album but I’m becoming totally obsessed with him this past year or two. He’s just deep throating us with so much quality. I love him.

That lower register he does in When We’re Older sends me!

6. It’s all nice, and his voice is wonderful, but I’d rather he pulled a Taylor and channelled his boredom into writing an album.

Like... it’s nice to hear him sing when the party’s over, but his version doesn’t do anything that Billie’s doesn’t already do.

7. I mean... he did release an EP in October and two singles earlier this year. Sure, he could have created a full body of work but he did find ways to feed us with quality content this year! Plus I'm still not over Assume Form so I don't really mind him taking his time with his next record.

elektroxx and GRMusic like this.
  8. This is pure perfection! This is James at his best, I adore him when he is minimal and just himself and the piano.
    These vocals are of stunning beauty and the songchoices are phenomenal.

9. Ooh, good excuse for me to dive in. I started stanning around Assume Form and have since fallen in love with him, but have never ventured back to his older music. Thanks for posting!

nooniebao likes this.
  10. This has some extremely incredible highs.

nooniebao likes this.
  11. This comes with a new album, that's called "Friends that break your heart".

[​IMG]

Heartthrob, Glow and BrokenHearts like this.
  12. SZA?! Werk.

13. The new video is a scream. I lost it at James and Finneas at the urinals.

Tracklist and US tour dates are out too:

BrokenHearts and Andy French like this.
  14. A SZA FEATURE YES GOD

Heartthrob likes this.
  15. This could be a John Grant song.

16. I am excited about "Say What You Will" and the upcoming album Friends That Break Your Heart! "Say What You Will" made me want to return to James's album The Colour in Anything, the whole atmosphere of it.

17. That new track is beautiful, as always with James. The video - and message is excellent too. Love it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.