Janelle Monáe - General Discussion | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Janelle Monáe - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nevergoback, Apr 19, 2008.

1. The emojis make this seem music related - I wonder if it's a track for Antebellum given it's out in 10 days?

2. It's a song for the Stacey Abrams documentary, I think?

3. I'm loving all these rockets and space-indicative quotes and elements.

Sleepycat likes this.
  4. It's out today.

5. Not a bad track at all, just makes me want a new album even more.

6. She snapped. I need a new full length project from her soon. I’m still wondering what was up with her clearing her IG and posting those mysterious images about a year or so ago.

7. Hands dirty, mind clean
    A different vision with a new dream, uh
    We kickin' out the old regime
    Liberation, elevation, education

[​IMG]

This is great.

Trouble in Paradise and lushLuck like this.
  8. It has to be said. She was absolutely amazing in Antebellum, it being her first lead role. She carried that movie with such ease. She's a star on all fronts.

A shame it came and went without much fanfare and was not well received. I actually loved it and have seen it twice now.

9. The Electric Lady is one of the albums featured in the Quirky Pop Rate: Sophomore, along with the second albums by PJ-favourite acts such as Marina & the Diamonds, Florence + the Machine and Lorde. Feel free to join!

[​IMG]

BubblegumBoy, 2014, Sail On and 4 others like this.
  10. me quickly checking this thread in hopes she was coming with new material soon

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.