Janelle Monáe - General Discussion | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Janelle Monáe - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nevergoback, Apr 19, 2008.

1. fff sorry about that

[​IMG]

inevitable likes this.
  2. Dirty Computer is a great record, but it really doesn’t begin to compare with The ArchAndroid and Electric Lady. I am DESPERATE for the conclusion to the Metropolis saga.

LOTF and soratami like this.
    lushLuck likes this.
  4. I haven't listened to this album for ages. I need to correct that. One of the things with streaming and so much music we have available is that I just sometimes forget about albums. Back when I had CDs I could at least see the album sat on my shelf.

5. I'm experiencing a similar fatigue at the moment, I keep adding albums to playlists and I'm overwhelmed!

I'm a bit of a broken record with this, but would she hurry up and conclude the Metropolis saga already?

6. I wonder how far off a new Janelle project is. She always seems to be working, and I guess her working with the Wondaland team for that performance is a good sign.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  7. So the Metroplis story is in 7 parts, but we only have the first five? Are parts 6 and 7 going to be the next album? I listened to The Chase Suite, and then started The ArchAndroid right after and am absolutely loving it.
    Also, is The Audition worth a listen? Very curious about it.

8. She's on the lineup for Bonnaroo in September, so hopefully that's a positive sign towards a new music project!?

9. Lizzo has to be releasing as well if she's a headliner on Saturday. I would love to finally pop my Bonnaroo cherry but I'm honestly not sure even with vaccinations ramping up here in the US.

10. Sam

Sam

The Dirty Computer thread is locked (?!) so I’m here to say that the transition from Screwed to Django Jane is fucking FLAWLESS

Mr.Arroz, LPT, djmakemewet and 2 others like this.
  11. Yeah, mods lock old album threads to keep conversation more focused in general or new album threads.

Also, yes it truly is.

londonrain likes this.
  12. Why is Givin Em What They Love still not on Spotify?

BubblegumBoy likes this.
  13. Another major film project for her:

2014, BubblegumBoy, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

So this is why my BFF is dragging her in iMessage dddddd

smellycat likes this.
  15. Get that money and exposure, queen!

16. Dirty Computer is a sonic masterpiece. It sounds so fucking GOOD.

17. I actually really like the new song. It seems to be a tie in to a Netflix show so my expectations were low but its cute.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.