Janelle Monáe, Icon - Dirty Computer (LP #3) | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

Janelle Monáe, Icon - Dirty Computer (LP #3)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Feb 16, 2018.

1. I’ve been playing I Like That all morning, it’s safe to say it’s my favorite track of the 4.

“I remember when you laughed when I cut my perm off and you rated me a six. I was like ‘damn.’” Is such a great line.

2. Now this is a campaign, see how easy it is to throw out some tracks and have a concrete release date in tow? I love I Like That so she's 4/4 for me right now.

3. I think this is my favorite so far next to Pynk. I love how much more personal the music is this time around, I really feel like I’m understanding her more as an artist than ever.

collxtion and heavymetalGAGA like this.
  4. Another BANGER.

She’s killing it.

Ferk and goldsoundz like this.
  5. This album is shaping up to be an absolute monster.

Ferk and Someboy like this.
  6. 4/4. This album is already the best album of 2018 and it hasn't even come out.

Ferk, digitalkaiser and goldsoundz like this.
  7. Dawn covered PYNK

8. “I Like It” is great. Everything but “Django” is so bright and summery.

Re: strain, I didn’t notice any. Her voice has always reminded me of early Alicia Keys.

Andy French likes this.
  9. I don’t hear any straining on either track. Neither are out of her range, even slightly.

10. We love smart marketing

11. RJF

RJF

ffff I was wondering why they were doing this but they snatched a further twenty streams out of me, so.

12. I clocked the Make Me Feel as B-Side to each new song trick. Cunning Legend.

This album has me so excited. 4/4 amazing tracks.

constantino, londonrain, Ray and 14 others like this.
  13. I Love That blew my wig right off, 20gayteen needs to let me live. Probobly my favorite so far.

14. WaiT. She released another flawless masterpiece?

Let me live, Janelle! I have so much left to give!!!!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  15. No surprise, but I Like That is perfection.

16. Has she sent Make Me Feel to radio? Is that something she does?

17. It's been on the Radio 1 playlist for weeks, not sure if it's something she actively pushes for but if she's doing clever things like that Spotify trick mentioned above then I'd be surprised if she didn't.

18. Uhm, is there a tracklist anywhere?

19. The only thing I've seen is in this thread:

sugarcoma likes this.
  20. Nooooooo, not Phareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell.

YES, ZOË!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.