Janelle Monáe, Icon - Dirty Computer (LP #3) | Page 71 | The Popjustice Forum

Janelle Monáe, Icon - Dirty Computer (LP #3)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Bopping to this remix.

inevitable likes this.
  2. Finally watched The Voice performance and that shit was tame. I feel like people just need to go ahead and admit they had an issue with it because she was black and dared to wiggle around a bit unapologetically.

3. It's already been deleted. What was it?

4. It was saying she overperformed with 55k and came in at number 3 after Post and Keith Urban.

Wishlight, nooniebao, Jwentz and 2 others like this.
  5. I'm generally not a fan of Janelle's music (I know, drag me), so I've been keeping out of the thread. But I just revisited this tonight, and it really does feel like a modernized/2018 Rhythm Nation in a way. Not musically, but tonally and thematically. It's funny because I've really been wishing for a big pop girl to release a Rhythm Nation-esque opus because lord knows we need one, and I think this just might be it, at least on some scale.

I Like That and Pynk are among the best songs of the year so far. And American will probably be looked back upon as an important political moment in music.

6. I saw her in Kansas City back when she was touring Electric Lady, and she was a marvel then. I can only imagine how incredible it's going to be seeing her with even MORE experience/material/everything she's accumulated in the last few years.
    You'll love it!

Vixen and inevitable like this.
  7. Finally getting around to listening to this now and I'm grooving, but in a socially conscious sort of way.

godspeed, Remyky22, Vixen and 3 others like this.
  8. Celebrate, but make it woke.

[​IMG]

9. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Moderator

Pharrell really tries his best to fuck up the entire listening experience, doesn't he. That fucking "yellow like pee in it" lyric takes me OUT every single time and I'm so mad about it.

10. I was just about to come here to say the same thing. The sequencing is utterly magnificent. No matter where you start the album, it just plays so effortlessly.

Rei Ayanami and lushLuck like this.
  11. Debuting @ #6 on the Billboard Top 200 with 54k, her biggest first week sales of her career so far!

Seeing her being outsold by that fucking Greatest Showman soundtrack is painful, though.

12. HOW IS IT STILL SELLING SO MUCH THE MOVIE WASN'T EVEN THAT GOOD AND IT HASN'T BEEN IN THEATERS IN MONTHS

13. Straight whites love that film.

lushLuck likes this.
  14. THE MUSIC ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD EITHER.

15. I told @R92 to stop streaming that damn movie soundtrack so much! He has like 4 physical copies too!

16. Oh dear

17. Ray

Ray

@R92 RUINED Janelle's career!!!!!

18. R92

R92

First he breaks my vase, then he prints this slander... @Jwentz Tell The Truth Challenge, do that challenge.

19. That exposé.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.